rFactor 2 Round 13 Blackwood GP - Wed Dec 7, 2022

Discussion in 'Austin Mini Cooper S MK1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 12, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Mini Cooper kop.png

ROUND 13 BLACKWOOD GP

This is a conversion of the famous Live for Speed Track Blackwood.

S397 Mini Cooper at Blackwood GP Demo

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

Be careful as you place your car on the starting grid, because the car will want to roll down.

4. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

9 drivers signed up for this race.... how many will show up?

5. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Sorry, I can’t make this race
    upload_2022-12-4_19-37-26.jpeg
    Far away from home

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver Donator

But you are not so far away from my home :D only 35km. Enjoy the Weihnachtsmarkt;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

2. Blackwood Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a standing start

3. You can find the password for the race server on the Blackwood event page.

4. You can find the server by first typing sro

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

7. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

8. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

9. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received.

If you have questions, please ask them below.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

My bet is that Phil Brown rolled down at the start, got a penalty and hit Esc. .... True?

9. Neil Wood

I thought it was his collision with me on lap 1?

10. John vd Geest

Could also be the case, I'm just guessing.

11. Neil Wood

Stream VOD

@Rob Swindells must have been so bored in this race! :D

I was last coming off the line in 5th place and was hoping no one dropped it through the tight first section of the lap. I got a good exit up the hill to the penultimate right hander and on @Phil Brown's inside but unfortunately he didn't see me and turned across my nose spinning him out. I lifted off the throttle to try and let him passed but he had already come to a stop and escaped from the race.

Then had a fantastic 3 way scrap for 2nd place, which turned into 2 way when @Kiril Kirilov escaped the draft and pulled away.

It was fascinating trying to work out how to keep momentum, stay in the draft at the right moments and work out where the last opportunity to pass would be.

I can't remember how often @Caitlin Penny and I swapped places, but it was a lot!

I was in the draft along the straight after the chicane and unfortunately Caitlin blended onto the racing line (where I was) coming into the corner and I braked too harshly coming into the right hander so I lost momentum to do a cut back or hope getting close enough to pass in the penultimate corner which would have been my last chance. I was just too far away. Unfortunately Caitlin hit the kerb coming into the left hander and nearly rolled coming up the hill. I think we ended up 0.4 apart at the line!!

I really enjoyed the battle as I had to think a lot about where, when and how to try passing.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver Donator

Both wrong. I couldn't get round the final corner without tipping over. Two qly runs it tipped over, then warm up the same. Not touching kerbs or anything, just mid corner over she'd go. Almost like there was too much grip, perhaps it was when the track grip ramped up.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

I've found this to be the case all season! I practice every day without even coming close to rolling then my first laps on the server feel like I have to tip toe around to avoid it! Joining the server at 7pm and having a solid hour on the track definitely helps adjust.

I wish! Got lucky with the 4 second gap early doors. Then I had to work hard to maintain it for 25 minutes! Hardest race of the season for sure. Thanks to @Kiril Kirilov for keeping me honest and thanks to @Caitlin Penny for holding him back for those early laps! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Neil Wood

Wow that is odd. Was this with any sideways moments? I don't think I have ever rolled these with the ramp of a kerb.

15. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

It was a nice race! Really hard, and really clean even though we leant on each other a little bit. I'm really disappointed with myself for the mistake at the last corner, but oh well. I had fun.

16. Neil Wood

I found that steering clear of those kerbs and still getting a good line through those turns difficult. There was a time early in the race that I watched you save the car from going over at the chicane too! :D

I didn't intentionally lean on your car, I struggle so much with corner exit with FWD, I can't seem to get the hang of it. I do prefer going side by side through each turn though :)

• Like Like x 1