rFactor 2 Round 14 Dundrod 1955 - Wed Dec 14, 2022

Discussion in 'Austin Mini Cooper S MK1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 12, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Mini Cooper kop.png

ROUND 14 DUNDROD 1955

THIS EVENT WILL HAVE A 15 MINUTE QUALIFYING SESSION.

Dundrod Circuit
    is a motorsport street circuit used for the RAC Tourist Trophy for sports cars between 1950 and 1955 and for the motorcycle Ulster Grand Prix from 1953 onwards. It is situated near the village of Dundrod in Lisburn, Northern Ireland. The nearby Clady Circuit also in County Antrim was used for the Ulster Grand Prix between (1922–1952) before moving to the Dundrod Circuit.

History
    The Dundrod Circuit (Irish: Dún dTrod) in Co Antrim, first used in 1950 for the RAC Tourist Trophy automobile race and the Formula One (non-championship) Ulster Trophy (1950–1953), was 7.416 mi (11.935 km) in length and later amended for the 1965 racing season to 7.401 mi (11.911 km) with the addition of the Lindsay Hairpin. For the 1953 racing season the Clady Circuit was abandoned for motor-cycle racing and the Ulster Grand Prix as part of the FIM Motorcycle Grand Prix World Championship and was moved to the nearby Dundrod Circuit in Co Antrim. The circuit comprised public roads closed for racing including a section of the secondary B38 Hannahstown Road between Glenavy and Hannahstown, Co Antrim, the secondary B101 Leathemstown Road from Leathemstown Corner to Dundrod and the B154 Quarterland/Tornagrough Road from Cochranstown to the road junction of the B38 Upper Springsfield Road/Hannahstown Road at the Lindsay Hairpin. After 1955 cars stopped racing there due to no less than 3 fatalities during the 1955 TT race and safety concerns with the narrow, high-speed nature of the circuit, and since then it has only been used for motorcycle racing.

The photo below shows the original much tighter hairpin, with the modern hairpin, known now as the Lindsay Hairpin, being slightly further back up the road.

[​IMG]

Revival of a Sim Racing Classic - Dundrod - rFactor2

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

Notes:

1. The start is a 1955 Le Mans-style start. Practise this, please.
    2. You can not "cut" into the pit lane going over the pit-line in the middle. You have to enter at the beginning and exit at the end. Practise this, please.

4. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Does this mean we start from pitlane on race start?

5. John vd Geest

It's an open pitlane. Try it with an AI race and you'll see how it works.

6. Neil Wood

Can I make a little request @John vd Geest ? Can you join as spectator next round so we don't have you always listed as a DNF in the overlays please? :D

7. John vd Geest

The listing as DNF for this series is correct as it means "Does Not Feature".
    I will enter as spectator next time and try if I can issue admin commands.

8. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

2. Dundrod Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a standing start
    7) Because of the length of the track, the qual period has been extended to 15 minutes.
    8) The start is a 1955 Le Mans-style start. Practise this, please.
    9) You can not "cut" into the pit lane going over the pit-line in the middle. You have to enter at the beginning and exit at the end. Practise this, please.

3. You can find the password for the race server on the Dundrod event page.

4. You can find the server by first typing sro

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

7. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

8. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

9. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received.

If you have questions, please ask them below.

9. John vd Geest

Swindells.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. John vd Geest

Well done to all who made it to the final round of this tough championship. I hope you enjoyed it.
    And thank you very much for your participation and support of Sim Racing Online.

Grats to Rob Swindells for winning the championship. A great effort.
    See you all later!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Amazing, thank you!
    A long hard season with a great battle with @Kiril Kirilov

I will be focusing on the iRacing Porsche Cup for the next few weeks, so if any of you are iRacers pls friend me there. Or add me on Steam, "Robby Sim Racer"

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Neil Wood

Stream VOD
    Uneventful race which I knew I just wanted to finish. It was pretty lonely with everyone somehow finding an extra gear in the mini and being several seconds off the pace. I knew it wouldn't affect the championship but I just want to finish at this track.

I did get slightly worried when I saw Caitlin's tumbling mini and I didn't know if I was going to slow in time or choose the correct location to pass.

I pitted once for an extra lap of fuel because all indications says the crew chief had got the calculation wrong pre-race.

Multiple yellow flags did make me worry that I was going to round a corner and find an upside down mini in the centre of the track.

This season was a baptism of fire in FWD, it is definitely not my drivetrain of choice! I have had some competitive rounds with some great battles. Unfortunate incidents and racing with damage which is a shame but overall I enjoyed the season.

Congrats to you all for finishing (even if there was just 5 of us at the end).

Going to try and do the Porsche and Alfa next year.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver Donator

Grats to the Champ! Well deserved! I was trying to keep him under pressure and give him the feeling that he has to be fast and with no mistakes on Dundrod. Well he was fast and he did just one... small one ;)
    Thanks to @Neil Wood , @Caitlin Penny and @Phil Brown for staying arround till the end!
    See you guys in the other series ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Thanks for the season, guys!
    Unfortunately I didn't practice enough for this last round, and I just couldn't figure it out. If I went too fast I crashed, and if I drove below my limit I lost concentration and crashed, so needless to say I rolled several times.
    The series as a whole was interesting, because even though it didn't go very well for me there were still moments where I felt truly competitive, and I have to say I'm going to miss this silly little car. I hope to see you all soon in other series!
    Thanks for hosting, @John vd Geest , and congrats to @Rob Swindells on the well-deserved championship.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Neil Wood

You never know... we might have a modern mini in future to play with!