rFactor 2 Round 2 Aldo Scribante - Sat Jan 30, 2021

Discussion in 'Palatov D4 Season 01 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 1, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO default nw 02.jpg

[​IMG]

Welcome to Aldo Scribante

The Aldo Scribante Race Circuit is a permanent racecourse near the city of Port Elizabeth in South Africa.

The 2,480-metre-long (8,140 ft) paved circuit with eight curves and pit system was built in the 1970s. In 1975, the Algoa Motor Sport Club (AMSC) organized the first national race on the track. In addition to the national competitions, the track is also used by companies based in South Africa such as General Motors, Ford, Volkswagen, Bridgestone, Firestone, Good Year and Continental as a test track.

The region around Port Elizabeth is the focus of the South African auto and supply industry and is also called the "Detroit of South Africa". The Aldo Scribante Circuit also serves to present new vehicle models in South Africa, with appropriate events from the companies.

Since October 11, 2014, the South African championship of Formula Vee South Africa has been held there.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hell I drove right past this place, without knowing, 2yrs ago when I was flying from Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg. I could've popped in for look around if I'd known then.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Wow, there are some pretty impressive lap times on Live Timing.
    I can't get a grip on the setup. Haven't got a clue where to go with it. I'm doing 0,59's on race setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

I have something that might work for you. It's not far in my hands, but it's a lot more predictable than stock. I can dm you it on discord in our conversation ☺️

6. John vd Geest

Oeps, you know I completely forgot about that :(

7. John vd Geest

Fixed. I had selected the wrong tire compound. I was on Red D and needed to be on Hootsie Racing (not sure of the name).
    I was on the wrong tires too at round 1 Zolder LOL.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

AHA the same mistake I made! You're going to be a weapon tonight! >.<

9. John vd Geest

I'm gonna be something ... :p

10. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

I guess 56's... its possible.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

I just realised we're not even running the craziest version of these cars. They go even faster! I also recommend looking at the Stage 2 Hillclimb versions of these cars, they're fun!

12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

well, game just crashes

13. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

Are you joining with the wrong car? Only Palatov Tackday (not SE) cars work

• Like Like x 1
  14. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Nice thats my town that.
    i often sit at Wesbank hanger or the following hanger.
    you can see the entire track barring what the pit building hides away

very quick track and very abrasive, tires die here. even after the recent re tarring

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Well all the hassle and crashes and all, left me 25 minutes to take 1st try on car and new track also.
    Eventually found pace during race but then spun. Got back up and Jos jumped me on pits.
    We had really good racing going on but then lap marker on t1 made Jos lift and then i had to and had to slide it out or hit.
    Left me tilted wheel so that was that then. Esc out.
    Fun stuff and @Jos Ogos delivers me some great action once again, ty buddy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Ricardo Ferreira

What a race again. This was the 8th race I had here. 6 of them was disputed like well lol.
    Qualify was a mess for me. P4. Don't know why car was hard to drive.
    In race a big mess in start. Don't know what happened.
    Anyway the first 21 laps was a total fight with @Dino Paolini and @John vd Geest.
    I was pushing and pushing, in pits I shorted the difference to @Dino Paolini to 1.3, but he was too fast in straights.
    A little suggestion... In Zolder pit speed was 100km/h here 60km/h maybe in future its good to have that always the same.
    Look forward.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Sorry for the start. I had sort of a countdown displayed with nonsensical values and then suddenly the lights were already going. Just slammed on drive but it took a second to get going. Sorry to the right-side row ;(

Also later on a touch with Ricardo. Sorry if you were actually attacking, I was only looking to the front concentrating on taking a wider line with more momentum to attack.

The pit-exit of Ricardo while I was overtaking someone (no idea who, thanks UI...) was a bit scary with 3 wide on the sf-straight in full-speed, but great discipline by all holding the line :)

See you all

btw nice to see some drivers from XRPM days still around :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Tom Parton

Tom Parton Pro Driver

That would have been me you were lapping. Just kept my line to the outside and let the leaders do what they want to do.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ricardo Ferreira

yes!! ;) I tried to call some guys to here! :) Posted in facebook group.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

What a race yesterday! Really enjoyed it.
    I was a bit surprised with my P2 in qualy, not only with my time (best so far on 57.0) but also because I was expecting @Ricardo Ferreira and others to be in front with high 56's.
    I was due a Drive-through due to the incident with @Johnny Gutierrez in Zolder (I hope he hasn't given up on this series after that event). @Dino Paolini's late arrival to the start and subsequent mess up played to my advantage and I got a sec or two advantage in the first lap.
    The DT got me back to P10 and the daunting task to climb back in these nervous and fast cars... Thanks to the battles ahead and a few mistakes from the front drivers, I managed to get on the back of @Kostas Kantzouras and @Toni Talvitie relatively quickly and up to P7. Getting in front of these two wasn't going to be easy... Kostas was charging and they touched in the last turn before the straight. Kostas got the worst part and didn't have a good exit speed for the long straight giving me the chance to get in front as we were reaching T1. Then the chase for Toni...
    I started reducing the gap but he found an edge and the 2secs gap created after my big moment in the hairpin was becoming difficult to cut. Kostas was also at a dangerous distance behind and, without some external factors, it looked like we were settling with that. Toni got early into pits and, being my next driver in line, I thought my chance to undercut him required pitting immediately in the next lap. This time I didn't need to sort out any damage or additional configurations. As he was getting into pits, I was requesting mine for the next lap and off we went.
    It worked fine, I think 5l is too much refuelling (must remember for next race) but it went smoothly and no penalty for speeding (the scariest part of the pitting manoeuvre!). It worked! I exited pits with a couple of secs advantage over Toni and in P5! But now, I had to defend from a phenomenal charge as Toni and I are becoming used to in our SRO races.
    These cars are very difficult for overtaking when you have a similar pace so I knew I had a slight advantage there in my defence strategy.
    After a few laps with increasing pressure from Toni, we were catching a backmarker at the end of the straight, at the same time that Kostas was leaving pits (another undercut and P4). It got tight and the backmarker got a bit in the way for us all with Toni getting the worst part after a correction, continuing the straight and damaging his car. Shame for Toni but I could breathe again... Or so I thought.
    Kostas, with his new tyres, was soon on my back and charging. Not sure what happened to @John vd Geest but, soon enough, I found myself in P3 after finding a struggling car in the last turns of the lap, I think that would have been when he was trying to mentally cope with the penalty for speeding in his pit entry and having to do a DT himself... (Probably a divine punishment for having fun of my DT before the race :D). I kept my composure despite Kostas attack and ended a terrific and eventful race in P3. I couldn't believe it. I must acknowledge that everything went on my way after the DT. Such a great race. Here the video of the race:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1