rFactor 2 Round 2 Anglesey Int. GP - Wed Sep 21, 2022

Discussion in 'Austin Mini Cooper S MK1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 12, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

ANG4.jpg

Mini Cooper kop.png

ROUND 2 ANGLESEY INT. GP

The Anglesey Circuit is a motor racing circuit located in Ty Croes, Anglesey, Wales. It plays host to a variety of motorsport events including car racing, motorcycle racing, car sprints, stage rallies and drifting. It opened as a fully licensed MSA and ACU championship racing circuit in 1997.

In 2006, the motorsports venue saw a major overhaul, with the majority of its 1.057 mi (1.701 km) circuit being scrapped in favour of a radical new development that includes four different track layouts: a 2.100 mi (3.380 km) International Circuit; 1.550 mi (2.494 km) Coastal Circuit, 1.200 mi (1.931 km) National Circuit and 0.800 mi (1.287 km) Club Circuit.

One of the straights on the circuit is named after Wales's only F1 driver, Tom Pryce, who was killed in an accident during the South African Grand Prix at Kyalami in 1977 when a track marshal carrying a fire extinguisher ran across the track in front of him. The extinguisher hit Pryce in the head, and both he and the marshal died.

The TV motoring programme Fifth Gear regularly used the Anglesey circuit for the 'Shoot Out' segment of the show. Since the new track configuration, Fifth Gear has opted to use the Coastal layout. The Coastal layout appears to be the most popular among track day enthusiasts because of the difficult downhill corkscrew segment.

Trac Môn Anglesey Circuit - Mini R56 JCW (02.06.21)

rFactor 2 - mini cooper MK1 @ Anglesey

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2022
  2. John vd Geest

3. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

This will be tough.... the track looks barren, will be easy to get lost on where I am :) Braking markers? What are they? :D

4. John vd Geest

After you learn the track it will be easy :)

5. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

Look for that little daisy on your left in the second corner, and than just brake and bang that sucker into the hairpin...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. This event will be broadcasted
    This event will be broadcasted by Rob Milliken.

2. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

3. Anglesey Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 7
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a standing start

4. The server password will be changed on race day. You can find the password for the race server on the Anglesey event page.

5. You can find the server by first typing sro

6. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

7. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

8. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

9. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

First two races of the season are by the seaside! Should have bought a bucket and spade.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Neil Wood

Well... let's hope we don't roll into the sea!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. John vd Geest

With the way the environment is going, the sea will come to you ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Well, pretty short and sad race for me :(

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  11. Neil Wood

I'll cut my stream highlight and write my little report later. Witnessed some action today, not all of it great.

But a great battle with @Roel Postma was a highlight, thanks :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Argh! Rocketed up from 7th to 3rd at T1, then into T2, rF2 lagged out and I was in the wall. Nursed a very broken mini home to 8th which is a decent result. I believe someone collected my spinning mini at T2, sorry for spoiling your race whoever that was </3

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Congrats to Chris on a great win from pole and fastest lap to collect the maximum points.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Cars are made with fantastic quality. Just some moron put front wheel drive innit!
    Good casual play tho and @Chris Belfield untouchable!
    @Rob Milliken rf1 bros server mentioned lol. used to get drunk and drive there if nothing else to do :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

I am sorry Phil, i lost control of the car while braking.
    I was waiting, but you managed to surprise me!

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 3
  16. John vd Geest

I'm waiting with the final results, because there might be protests and it's a pain to alter the results once they are posted.
    Waiting period for protests is 24 hours.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cheers Rob, looking forward to Brands!

18. I was racing in my Speedo’s:D……..now there’s mental image for you to ponder!

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

No problem Kai, and I promise I didn't crash back into you deliberately, I just didn't know where I was going