rFactor 2 Round 2 Bahrain

Discussion in 'GT3 Endurance Championship - Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2019
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nigel Middleton

Drivers
    The car you raced at Spa is the car you will race for the remaining 4 races.

New signups for Bahrain can choose any car but you must race that car for all the remaining races in the championship.

4. Nigel Middleton

This series has a formation lap, On green do not race off the grid stay behind the car in front of you in a single file.

The pole sitter will do the formation lap not exceeding 100 km/h
    On the last corner coming on to the start finish the race will begin.

This will also be announced in the warmup session.

5. Bart Slobodzian

Bart Slobodzian Pro Driver

Im sorry about the start I couldnt understand why the flag waved was yellow I thought there was something wrong hence I didnt go immediately.
    I looked around and in the distance was a green flashing beacon so thats when i decided to go.

Congratulations to the three podium takers, next race I have a better understanding of the fuel and tyres in the pits. I cannot believe my tyre stratergy, next time I will go full hard.
    Was fun racing everyone, till next time...

6. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

Racing against Steve Mc Queen for a few laps :D
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Roberto and podium and finishers! Good stuff guys. Enjoyed the race even though it was a bit lonely. DQ time qualification. Not sure what happened. Maybe some kind of bug. I did a drive-thru and also a 10-second penalty stop but the race was fun nonetheless. One thing I did notice, everyone was polite. Very polite as in moving to the side so I can pass even though it was their position. Thank you? :)

Until next time guys

Johnny

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nigel Middleton

Not a very good race for me again, Was enjoying the 11 laps I done.

Congrats to Roberto for the win and Carl and Denis for the podium.

9. Nigel Middleton

When on the server some were not familiar with the rules of your in game profile name check it out here Rule 2.1 Account and Player
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/t...ne-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/#post-839

There were also some chat during the race and before all drivers had crossed the finishing line, Please wait until all drivers have taken the chequered flag before you start to chat.
    Rule 3.3 Text and Voice Chat https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/t...ne-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/#post-850

10. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The guys in the top 7 were flying. Really hard to keep up.
    I probably did an unnecessary tire change after stint 1. Can anybody tell me if the medium tires go all the way or if you also did a tire stop?
    It felt to me that the top 6 was doing 2 x soft. Is that correct?

11. Nigel Middleton

I know Carl was on meds no change.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

What happened then Nigel?

13. Nigel Middleton

I got clipped on about lap 5 that damaged the back of my car did not handle very well after that, Going up the hill on the fast right hander back came round I hit the wall :(

I had meds on as well same as round 1 Spa.

14. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

I was on softs, no change. They lasted easily throughout the race, just like Spa.

• Like Like x 1
  15. John vd Geest

Damn, I need to prepare a bit better. I was on medium AND did a tire change! I feel silly now :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

@Xavier Eugeni
    sorry for the contact on lap 11, I was not sure of being wrong, after seeing the replay, it's my fault.
    glad you're getting your position a few turns after.

17. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Night qualifing was terrible idea. When I drove car under floodlights there was awful bloom and hard to see track. It was necessary to switch off Post effects to see what's going on and after that I realize that race will be at daylight conditions. Loose qual session and start at behind. What a bad luck it was... Someone in front start lags on formation and damaged some cars due to that :)

18. Nigel Middleton

It was not set for night qualifying might be the track design?

I was as surprised as everyone else when it went to night.

19. John vd Geest

Yes, we ran this track before and it's track design. I should have told the series host Nigel Middleton.
    I forgot about that. We should have informed the grid. Sorry to everybody who was inconvenienced by it.

20. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Hi Didier
    Yup, no problem. That,s racing. Also I didn't,t gave you enough room when I passed you last laps of the race, sorry for that. Lucky for me seemed you were having problems with your tyres so I could managed to recover the gap I lost after spinning exiting my first pit stop.
    Great racing had lots of fun!!! Love this mod. ;)