rFactor 2 Round 2 Belgium 66 F2

Discussion in 'Classic Formula Festival Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Thank you Ken, appreciate your managerial efforts.

3. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Ok, so have managed to deposit various parts of my car round the Ardennes, this is NOT foot flat down any more :D

Got on the server fine but doesn't seem to be showing in live timing?

More practice required here:)

4. Ken Jagger

Careful about littering Nick, they are very sensitive to that in that part of Belgium :rolleyes:.
    We are using a new SteamCMD Dedicated server setup for this race, rather than the existing STEAM/rF2 used previously. Livetiming is not configured on there yet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Livetiming is now back up and working again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I must be Ruro's most inconsistent driver. Sometimes I'm a winner. Sometimes I'm... Well... Whatever that was.
    Sorry for the contacts @Phil Brown and @Neil Wood . I payed the price for it.

7. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

God Almighty the diving standards in this series are absolutely unacceptable at this point.

Race start crashes every weekend, people taking each other off on straightaways, hitting things going off and dragging them onto the track.

There needs to start being some penalties for the people causing incidents or this won't change.

Everybody just needs to calm down and drive their own race. The F1/F2/F3 cars at Spa are insanely challenging and you don't need to race anybody to overtake them - they'll probably crash anyway. Ken has told everybody to calm down on the starts multiple times and yet this is still happening - there needs to start being stiff penalities dolled out for ruining other people's races.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

I surprised myself and started in the middle of the grid. It isnt easy to get safely into the first corner and evenworse when you are mid pack. I think I moved over and may have caused a bit of a pile up. I was genuinely trying to stay out of trouble but please accept my apologies.
    After that I found some real pace and put in some very good laps until a small slide
    If it was me in the replay I will accept any penalty given
    Meant to say congrats to everyone whio completed this race and of course the podium

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  9. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

First of all my apologies to Mac... I did not intend to touch him... I was well aware he was there and thought I left a lane of space for him. Can anyone put the replay file on here so I can see what happened. I turned mine off after last race cause it might have something to do with the disco. I was moving over a bit to get a better angle on the chicane... The laps before I got off the throttle to give him space when we were side by side just to avoid crashes to happen..

I am well aware of the hazards of this track... I have been on the receiving end on being taken out by the hailbails in the series before, but racing accidents also happen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

*her

It was a fairly good slipstream battle up until then. I stayed on the right with about 2 feet of space to my right. I gave you more than enough room to pass into Masta but you drifted to the right and I hit a brake marker board, before hitting a tree.

12. Ken Jagger

Both the Qualifying and Race session replays are under review for potential infringements of SRO Rules & Regulations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

By the way, the standings have got confused because they think there are different classes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

I know that's not supposed to happen - but it actually kinda' looks cool to me, dunno why.

15. Ken Jagger

Yes I see your point and maybe it's not what I intended when originally configuring the series within the parameters of our system. I'm looking into what we may, or may not, be able to do going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

If there's nothing that can be done on the website's end for the auto-points tracking - and this solution doesn't take too much admin work/effort - you just add every driver's total points together manually for a final post in the series forum, maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Quite an intense race yesterday with the F2 EVE. The difference with the F3 is obvious and scary when thinking on the next one with the F1. I'm gutted with the mistake at Eau Rouge that threw away my chances for a podium and could have been the end of my race... I'm quite satisfied though with the recovery. That wasn't an easy case and I was just about to hit the ESC key... But kept trying and managed to rejoin the race on P9 (Just after @Caitlin Penny and @Ken Jagger). The car was battered (all suspensions in dark blue). Driving it after the crash wasn't easy but I knew I had a better pace than the middle pack before the crash and hoped for the best.
    Pace was significantly worst but still, I was catching. There were a couple of accidents in front of me that cleared P8 and P7... The fight with Caitlin was fun and, when settled, I went after Ken and managed to get into P5 with a solid advantage. @Johnny Gutierrez was in P4, a good half a minute ahead, and the interim podium seemed to be robust enough in its driving to expect any further casualties on the race.
    Settled for P5 after a good fight with myself. The historic Spa (Belgium 66) always shows that you pay for your mistakes and I did so yesterday, but I tamed the beast by fighting back from the hole I dug myself in. Congrats to the podium and all that finished!
    Looking forward to the F1 EVEs... Another level challenge. ;)
    Video of the race from my angle:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Nice driving as always!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

20. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

It is a pity it ended up like this... I did not expect you to move over to the centre as well... When I got out of you slipstream you were in the right lane (racing line). Like you were the lap before... I could not see you in the blind spot and expected you stayed on the racing line and thought it was safe to go to the center lane... The result is in the video... It was not my intention to ruin your race... My apologees for that, for what its worth.