Project Cars 2 Round 2 Brands Hatch GP

Discussion in 'FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  2. Rob Milliken

Expect Fair weather for this one !
    Forecast is Cloudy with a chance of sunshine ..
    Drivers make sure to test your pit strategies on line sometime before the race ! we had som mishaps ln round one & I for one payed the price for not checking ALL aspects of the pit stops ..
    Were going from the slightly longer Algarve to the smaller tight Brands ! expect lots of laps over the 90 min !!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

Spent all last week preparing for meatballs, damn. Looking forward to it already :D

4. Rob Milliken

I have the practice server up for a few if anyone wants to jump on !

5. Korosztos Gyorgy

Korosztos Gyorgy Pro Driver

This will be a very fast, dynamic race. With many possibility of deadly mistakes! Narrow track, it will be difficult to overtake, very short straights, so we can not relax. It will be an interesting and very hard race!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Servers back to idle ..
    Remember you can log on the SRO server anytime and set up a p session ! (you must select track & cars & sessions )

7. Rob Milliken

We have just up the SRO server to 24 slots ! :)
    I'm taking the pw off to run a stress test tonight & see if I can fill it up & what not .. if you see it jump in for some sprint races at Brands ! leaving the official server name SRO FKR GT3 Endurance

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

A few Race Day reminders -
    Real names must be used for all SRO events ,to change your name in pc2 see THIS THREAD! its quite simple ,you do it in steam before you fire up the game . To assure your race results are counted in the series Make sure your in game race name matches your forum/sro member name !
    Race day Password can be found on the championships event page> https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/615
    Teamspeek server addy & PW can be found HERE
    Official server should be up no later than 19:00 ..(maybe sooner )
    The mandatory pit stop is a series rule and not controlled by the game , meaning its up to you to make your pit stop . The rule is All cars must do 1 pit stop with a 4 tire change .. In pc2 the 'in game' mandatory pit rule is a great way to force all drivers to make there pit stop however it only works when doing lap races , when you use timed races like this 90 min series the feature is greyed out .. So you wont be reminded !
    I checked my pit stop strategies from last race and sure enough I saved it wrong & it cost me some 40 seconds of engine repair lol ..I have built & tested 3 new ones for the race Tires only ,splash & dash and repair only , so far they all do what they are supposed to ..
    See you On track !

• Like Like x 3
  9. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Options can be change also while racing...but no room for that is this tricky circuit...can.t wait!! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rob Milliken

Yes ! that's one of the reasons I made a few lol ..you could do it in pit lane while on the limiter .. but that's cutting it close !!

11. Rob Milliken

Servers UP !

12. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

I cannot seem to find the server anymore. It was up earlier.

13. Rob Milliken

It does that sometimes ! Refresh and also another tip is to turn down the max ping in steam from 5000 to something lower & try !

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

:mad:just got disco'd after doing all the quali, I don't think the server is stable , oh well

15. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is a standalone pc2 server.

16. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Sorry for leaving, pretty rubbish day at work, and then all the issues with steering again.
    I'd just had enough, sorry.

Hope you all had a good race anyway.

17. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

We all have these at some time or another Andrew.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Joseph Wright

Well a great race. Started P4, ended lap one P4. After following P3 for a while, he went off the track and I snuck by into P3. An unfortunately game crash for James meant I was up to P2, and content in running my own laps for the stint. Made one major mistake about lap 30 - 40 which I spun. About 10 - 15 seconds lost, but back on the track and running again. P1 pitted, and was 4 seconds in front, and I just lapped and copied his times for the most part. He then pitted again, and I got the lead. I pitted with 15 minutes to go, but overfuelled, as I was very worried about running out at the end. Out on track in P2. Was happy with this result and expected to finish there. Entering the last lap and I take the lead. Surprised, but try to keep it together for the last lap, with P2 just 2 seconds behind. Hold on for the lap and cross the line in P1. I wasn't expecting to be there. Just racing tonight to have some fun, but boy am I glad the result ended the way it did.

I don't think I will be returning for any more of the races, mind you, as I did not feel like I was welcome here following the win, so I will see (most) of you in another series.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  19. Korosztos Gyorgy

Korosztos Gyorgy Pro Driver

This is an hilarious end result. For the idiot penalty system of the game, a much slower "racer" „won” the race. Just because I got DT for a few MINIMAL cuts and +20 second time penalty! What??? This is ridiculous and unacceptable. Despite the bad setup and the steering wheel bug, I was faster and faster. Nonetheless „win” somebody, because of this perfectly unjust penaltys. It's a bad joke! I do not accept this result. He „win” because he too slow to for the minimal „cuts”????? Honestly! This is absolutly ridiculous! (And one more thing: He very far from my fastest lap… What was the entire race fastest lap… Man, I got DT (approx. 20 mp), + 20 sec, and extra box. Min. 1 minute disadvantage! So, if this game not a bugfest, I almost give u a lap… :D Thats the facts…)

20. Joseph Wright

I was going to respond to this in a harsh turn, but I have decided, instead:

You had a very good race. You were fast, and it was a pleasure racing against you. We both made mistakes throughout the race, and ultimately your speed pushed you too far and you had to pay the price. It was a real shame, as I think you were fast enough for the win following James' disconnect. However, I was surprised to win the event, and am very happy with the result, even if you believe I do not deserve it. You are a good racer, but a very rude person. I hope you learn to control your attitude. Well done on your P2, result, however, which is not a bad result, and where you would have finished if James' game did not crash.

Thanks everyone for the great racing.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.