Round 2 Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'Historic F1 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

*enters Brands Hatch event*
    What? It's brands hatch :D

3. Ken Jagger

The one and only!

4. Ken Jagger

Guys I won't be able to make it for this event as my main 'D' drive looks like it's failed :eek: It could be a long road to recovery.

5. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

RIP Ken. need anything doing at all?

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hope you get it fixed Ken.

7. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Yeah not very enjoyable.
    Should have backed off at the start as this stuff happens when noone backs off.
    Second collision was on a strange pointless fight which wasn't for a position since we weren't even on the same lap ;(

Well somehow the pitcrew repairs anything it seems, so had some driving left atleast.

8. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Too bad Dino and Laza got into a race accident at start... and took me out...
    A bit aggressive, considering we were 3 wide here Dino... but I get it wasn't an easy situation... still even more reason not to take the corner this aggresive... you went straight thourgh lazar... nothing he could do.. to big of an impact for him to save his car.

Nice fun race anyway.

PS: another way top back down instead of physically backing down... it's going a bit slower... I gave you both plenty of room to the right when I realized we were 3 wide.

9. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I can't quite believe what just happened.

Practice - Awful. I tried two race stints on the morning of the race, and crashed out of both of them. I thought the race would be a disaster.

Qualifying - Great! I qualified on pole position with a lap 0.8s faster than I'd managed at all in practice. It just sort of came together.

Pre-race - I remember sitting on the grid at the start feeling really quite nervous, thinking "Dino and Mac are going to pressure me into mistakes and I'm going to drive like an idiot, just like at Imola".

Race - The first major thing that happened in the race was when I looked in my mirrors as I was exiting turn one, and I saw Dino, Mac and Lazaros all going of in a cloud of gravel. I couldn't believe my eyes! After that, I could just focus on driving my car with no pressure from behind, and with none of the other contenders in any luck today, I had the least eventful race of my life and won it by 52.5 seconds, claiming the championship lead! It couldn't have gone much better, really. Of course, what happened to my rivals is a shame, and I prefer wins that I have to work for, but I am so happy after that. I just love this car, and I love Brands Hatch. I can't wait for the next round now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Burnell

Chris Burnell Pro Driver

First, congratulations to Joshua for the win. Your qualifying and race performance was solid. Well done.
    Second, thank you again to Ken Jagger and SRO for hosting this series.
    Finally, wrt to the 3-way battle at T1. Come on guys! That is wasteful risk at Brands the best of times, but especially at race start.
    Ken, I don't know if it is worth a reminder every race, but these cars have a large collision zone and I find the front corners especially problematic. Don't know if that was a factor for the T1 accident but it would be worth a reminder for everyone.
    Luckily, I slipped inside the T1 mess to fall in between Joshua for P2.
    Unluckily, that did not last long as my first 2 laps were error-prone under pressure and I spun out to fall down to P11.
    More bad luck had me contact a car involved in an incident in front of me, but I escaped with only a broken front right suspension.
    Still driveable but kept me a good 1-2 seconds off my pace.
    Happy to finish P6 regardless.
    Looking forward to Silverstone. Lots of fast guys to keep it exciting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1