Round 2 Charade 8 km - Thu Apr 2, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to round 2 Circuit de Charade

The Circuit de Charade, also known as Circuit Louis Rosier and Circuit Clermont-Ferrand, is a motorsport race track in Saint-Genès-Champanelle near Clermont-Ferrand, France. The circuit, built around the base of an extinct volcano, was known for its challenging layout which favored the most skillful drivers and motorcyclists. It hosted the French Grand Prix four times and the French motorcycle Grand Prix ten times.

[​IMG]

Demo race with the GT Legends mod.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

The demo race was done with the Ford Capri before it was taken out :)

3. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

This is a tough track, luckily a few of us raced it in ‘75 F1 cars recently :) ps just put the Capri back in, I’d love to see it on track like the rest of these gt beauties :cool:

4. John vd Geest

Be careful what you wish for LOL. I don't mind because I'm not heavily focused on winning, but that is a winning car in the hands of someone who knows what he's doing.
    It does have an edge.

5. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Im not focussed on winning either, (just as well!) just enjoy racing these exotic old beasts. Not sure if you use a ranking system over here but how about saying no alien(esque) drivers can use it. Then you get no complaints from the top guys...and maybe limit it to only two available, so we aren't swamped with them. Always a shame when a good car has to be left out to suit BoP (though understandable)

6. John vd Geest

You can find the Driver ranks here: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/

How do you determine if a new member is an alien or not if he/she hasn't race here before :)

7. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

ah, well that's a different challenge :p can only rely on your own data...or their honesty.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Speaking for my self i can state for sure that am not an allien lol. I would love to see the capri back but from the other hand i believe that we have to leave the rules as they are now.. Maybe at another championship we will have it back, we wiil see it and depends on how this series will go.. I am one of those that i am here to run and have fun mostly, to learn from my mistakes, being better and more competitive. Winning is the last thing for me right now, the fact that i am racing here against great drivers is a pure joy. I am really happy being here :)

• Like Like x 5
  9. John vd Geest

Server is up.

10. Erik Czakoi

Erik Czakoi Pro Driver

Hi guys, i just registered but the icon next to the name is red, please give me another free space for the competition?
    I would appreciate it, thank you very much ;) This is Best the GTL MOD:)

11. Erik Czakoi

Erik Czakoi Pro Driver

I tried to connect to the server but can't find it :(

12. John vd Geest

Hi Erik, the maximum number of signups is 24. A red light means you are on the waitinglist. If a green light driver unregisters, you move 1 place up to green.
    If you are green, you can see the race server password.
    The practise server password is brooklands and the servername starts with "SRO".

You also need to select a car and skin for server setup. Can you please fill out this form and place it in the forumlink underneath:

Selected car:
    Selected skin:
    GUID nr:

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/select-your-car-skin-here.3804/

13. Erik Czakoi

Erik Czakoi Pro Driver

Ok John, Thank you for all the important informations see you the track ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

Turn up your speakers for a lap with the screaming CSL:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. John vd Geest

Cool !! Looks pretty fast too :)

16. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I think at this track the csl can show its greatness... :)

17. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

hahaha yes I agree. It certainly has nothing to do with the ability of the driver in this case.;)

18. John vd Geest

The speed certainly looks promising :)

19. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Hi John,
    I am preparing for the season and see the track download link for Sudstrecke is actually Nurburgring 1967. Can you check and see. Update if required. Thanks

20. John vd Geest

The link for the Sudstrecke lets you download the Nurburgring 1967. The Sudstrecke is in there. That is the difference.