rFactor 2 Round 2 Croft

Discussion in 'BTCC NGTC Challenge Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ken Jagger

Please remember that tyre options for Croft are Medium/Hard/Wet for this race.

They should be selected in the RF2 Car Tuning Menu before joining the server and must be used for all server sessions.

3. Silvino Rodrigues

Silvino Rodrigues Pro Driver

Hi guys, im not 100% sure yet if i can make the race later, i will try.

Hopely see you all later on the track, cheers

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Camilo Grandon

Camilo Grandon Pro Driver

hi, the password does not work

5. Manuel Alves

Manuel Alves Pro Driver

I tried entering server and could only choose Renault Clio Cup car

6. Manuel Alves

Manuel Alves Pro Driver

Couldn't enter the server. Always error. Only Clio Cup to choose.
    After spending almost 20 min installing/uninstalling BTCC mod finally I succeeded. Forgot the combination medium/hard tyres and did qualy with soft tyres.
    Tried to start at the pits. Waited for start and clicked RACE. Appeared on the grid, moved over and let everyone pass.
    What a disaster. Next time I'll try to not make the same mistakes.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

I´m really confused, live racers says that I qualified on mediums so then the pit lane start was unnecessary. Because I did choose the right tyre set, I had no soft tyres available.
    Seems Ken offered a hint to me and did not determined that I drove soft tyres in qual or what was that about?

Anyway, what confused me too, was the fact that I had saved my set up with rain tyres. I started to practice with them on and I really wondered why the car behaved so strange :confused: Changed than to medium before quali, but more unintentionally as it seems, I thought I had driven the hard tyre... oh dear

Not much to say about the rest, overtook Norman with a late braking manoeuvre, but Ed did not offered my an oppoertunity to do the same. Soild drive from both of you. In the end I suffered from the tyre degredation and made am mistake that cost me 4 seconds. Nice mod and cars, I´m not sure if I can join you in the next round, but I will try to do the last. Then with less confusion, hopefully.

Oh and Manuel, to start from pitlane, you have to press the race button, after the field go the green light. At least that was how I achived that. After all one thing I managed to do right...

• Like Like x 3
  8. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Pro Driver

I have to thanks to all participants again, another fantastic race for me in this league! Special thx to Jens... I was in such euphoria just after the race that I thanked to you for great FAITH instead of FIGHT:) :D You know, it´s my terrible English:) But anyway, it was really great. I had not any chance at the beginning of the race you was too quick for me. But I knew, that FWD cars are very devastating for the front tires. So I believed that some chance has to come for me. I was satisfied after few laps, that I was not wrong:) I am looking forward to next event, see you all.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

@Radek Sirc, I read your message but fully understand it anyway :D.
    It was a great race with my pace getting a bit slow towards the end of the race, but still strong at certain sections of the track.

However, after 20 minutes my tyres completely dropped off and was fast loosing 0.5 to 1.5 seconds/lap.
    But tyre management is not my strongest ability :eek:

Now Ken did a mistake at the final lap in the final turn (maybe pushing it a bit to hard),
    but had there been one more lap my 2nd position had been lost for sure :)

The FWD car will always struggle in these series, we will see how it turn out in the final 2 races,
    but it's a challenge for FWD to be competitive against the Subaru even at 30 minute races.

See you at the next one :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

I'm not sure I agree with that Jens. Check out the results from the previous BTCC series https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/99
    It's not that clear cut.

11. Ken Jagger

I was pretty happy with my results given I hadn't run any practice and just managed to turn up 5 mins before Qual. I bolted on my Brands Hatch setup from the previous series and for once I could lean on the car, trust what it was doing and push reasonably hard all race, still taking it down 5% to look after the tyres.

I saw Jen was really struggling after half-distance, but didn't think I would catch him. When I did on the final lap, I just had to try the undercut coming off the final turn, but leaving him room on the outside made my exit tighter and the front tyres let go into a half-spin. Overall very happy with the race.

12. Ken Jagger

I need to double check the tyre situation again as I may have assumed Philipp was running on softs when I saw the blue tyre-wall colour, when we should all have been running yellow (meds) or white (hards). Blue may actually be wet tyres.

If I was wrong in my assumptions I owe him a big apology for my mistake.

13. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Agree it might be trackrelated also but still think the sub has a small advantage with fixed tyre sets. These are fun car tracks combos so looking forward to the other races, and I was free to select the Subaru as well :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Yeah blue is the rain tyre while purple is soft. Replay shows it as I said.

But it is ok, at least my test drive of the rain tyre on a dry track showed, it is definitely not an advantage. And if anybody should try to quali with it, you don´t have to disqualify him because he is likely already last. Although my time with it was actually faster than Eds qualifying run on the hard. o_O

• Informative Informative x 1