Round 2 Donington GP

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Cup UK Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

No matter what the result of tomorrows race will be, it will be my last race in this series. The "old" group of people I raced with in the GTR² days are starting a series in GTR² again. These races will be on the same days as this series and the choice for me was to go do races with cars/mods I like or this MX5. The choice was not a hard one.
    This is in no means a negative on this series or SRO. I just don't enjoy driving the MX5.

3. Ken Jagger

Sorry to hear that Roy :(

4. Andre Hildebrandt

Andre Hildebrandt Pro Driver

:(Hi Ken any reason I was kicked off the practice server??

5. Ken Jagger

No reason I know of Andre. Did you try to get back on?

6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Most likely someone was trying to follow you onboard and clicked the wrong button and got you kicked. It happens sometimes

7. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

8. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Yes I kicked Andre by mistake doing exactly what you said Roy, oh the shame but at least I know what that icon does now!!! :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
    I sent a PM to Andre apologising as soon as I could after doing it so I hope Andre understands that it wasn't malicious and we are :cool:

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Looks like the Foggy Esses (chicane at end of back straight)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

11. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

thanks ken , just i am wondering , on graph is 14 turning points ,if they are cornering points ? not sure and i dont understand much of graph motec etc etc but on track are just 11 turns.. what ever :) lets drive ....

12. Ken Jagger

On the graph you get a peak and a trough (high & low points) for each corner. Count them and you'll find they equal the number of corners :)
    For this track they relate to turns 1,4,7,8,9,10 & 11

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Andre Hildebrandt

Andre Hildebrandt Pro Driver

Not a problem Chris. thanks for the explanation.:)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  14. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

Running late here - regrettably I may not make it home from work in time. Hopefully see you on track shortly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Nice driving Roel, Thanks! I've given you racing room in 2 corners only for you to run me off track in the 3rd. I expected better from you.
    Then on the last corner you did it again. But enjoy the series mate, like I said, I won't be taking part anymore.

And that last touch, sorry for that one.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  16. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

WHAT THE F.XXX . before it was uct time the racing start times .now its bst time writing for race start times and that i saw when i want to join the race and i saw it already began ! i am mad now ...and sad and and ...

17. Kevin Elmes

Kevin Elmes Pro Driver

well that was a great race up until my ac crashed 10mins before the end but oh well lol

18. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Really enjoyed my first race with you guys. Its a pity I will miss the next round :(

19. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

I watched all the details in the replay and in all situations you where far enough behind to touch your brakes, but you chose to punt. I am ok with that as long as you take your penalty then.

20. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Nice race ,or was it, I forgot quali fuel in tank and I had to pit....again.