Assetto Corsa Round 2 Estoril Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, May 5, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2018.04.03 - 00.02.29.21k.jpg
    Have Your Say !​

2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Today was race 2 of this great series. While practising yesterday I saw that Hakan was fast on this track and I wasn't really able to do the times he was doing. Figuring he must have a good setup, I had some work to do on mine.
    Last time I had some trouble getting on the server due to the password having changed. This time Rob posted well in advance that the new password was online. Great!

Right, on to qualifying.
    I wasn't sure I wanted pole for this one because n° 1 starts on the outside of the 1st corner. If you don't have a perfect start you get past by n°2. As luck would have it I couldn't get a good lap in. upon starting the last possible lap before the flag fell 2 persons did not adhere by the rules and stopped on track. Please do not do that!
    Anyway, I got pole 0.013 sec in front of Sean Devlin :eek: (that was close) Hakan Aslan got 3rd.

Race
    As I had feared Sean had a good start and was able to get on the inside of me for turn 1. Both being racers neither of us wanted to consede the corner, so we went side by side on to turn 2. There Sean had the inside again and after swapping a bit of paint and mirrors I had to let him by because if I didn't turn 3 would end in tears. So it was Sean 1st, me 2nd Hakan 3rd. I knew what laptimes I could do on a full fueltank (I started with 55 liters) so I was going to follow Sean for a while without taking risks hoping he would make a mistake. On lap 2 I saw in the mirror that Hakan had spun out and lost a lot of time and positions. This left a gap to 3rd leaving me to concentrate on Sean. Followed him for a few laps and saw where I could have a go at him. So on lap 6 I pushed it a bit to get close enough to him to pass him on the straight only to make a mistake on the 4th gear double righthander... That had me going into the barrier damaging the aero on the car. Upon rejoining the track I saw Rob racing through the corner. So couldn't go all out because I would have hit him if I did. He got by me. 3rd :mad:... So I had to follow Rob to see where I could safely pass him. Strange thing was that I was unable to do "normal" laptimes due to the aero damage. At one point Rob lost some time giving me a chance to try and pass him on the next corner. I got beside him, got past and missed the corner :mad:... Had to do it all again. I was thinking on doing an early pitstop to fix the aero and get fresh tyres because mine were overheating like crazy. However I saw that I was still lapping faster than Sean and Rob. So figured I would keep to my original plan. About 25 minutes in the race Rob went wide on one of the corners giving me a chance of a clean pass. I tought "right, on to Sean" But being in clear air it became very obvious the aero damage would let me do the laptimes I wanted. So I pitted to get it all fixed. Took new tyres, enough fuel to finish the race and repair the aero. I got out just in front of a group of 3 cars with Roger Hinds. Sean had pitted on the same lap as me but I managed to get out of the pit before him. That made somethings clear. He didn't start with a full fueltank which gave him more speed an acceleration. Anyway, at that time Rob was in the lead, me 2nd about 20 seconds behind him. Decided to go all out and do some quali laptimes. Going for the undercut as they say in F1. 2 laps later Rob pitted handing me the lead. The plan worked :D I don't really know what happend behind me from then on as I was concentrating on finishing the car in one piece.
    Endresult, Roy 1st, Rob 2nd, Hakan 3rd.

All in all a very good race. And this one wasn't easy for me as some of you guys are fast when you need to be. As always I enjoy racing here. Keep it up guys! On to the next.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

If anyone needs the replay, I can upload it.

4. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Yes Roy please upload video. As for my race I made a mistake with fuel consumption and had not planned to do a stop. When I did stop (my first pit stop every in assetto corsa) as I had not preset anything I could not get the fuel to load looking forward to the next race. Do you have a link to Hockenheim National Circuit? Many thanks Roy.

5. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

mad about myself :mad: thinking to stay close to roy and sean and using the chance for overtake later if possible but made a mistake with the rear tyres pressure ,had to much pressure ,result less grip and was punished to spun out after few corner in a place where in all practice and quali i never spun out and all race problems , but after fight came to 2nd but in last lap had to gear very early to save fuel at least on the last turn was it empty and rob overtake me , 50 m more and i coudnt go over finish line . congrt again . hope next race will be more guys and hope to be in front of roy that time ;)

6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Sean, you would never have made that race on 1 fueltank. Like I said online, for 23 laps you need 61 liters. Had I gotten away in front of you it could even have been a 24 lap race. That's why I took on some extra fuel.
    The replay file is uploading as we speak. Link will be posted below.

7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

8. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

My (brief) race report.
    Qualifying
    As usual could not get my act together for qualifying, P8
    Race
    In one word, strange.
    At the start had a bit of a fight with Roger who left me plenty of room when I wasn't expecting it and then didn't leave me any room when I was expecting some. Am sure he didn't see me. A bit of a touch on the side but no noticeable damage done, at least not for me. Hopefully not for Roger either. Got a cut warning though.
    Then the 3rd lap went wide avoiding an accident in front of me, got in the dirt and spun and got hit by Karl. 12 seconds lost, a second cut warning :eek: and the car received a bit of damage resulting in more understeer. In the 13th lap understeered a bit too much, went into the barrier and lost another 12 seconds or so and more damage.
    Thought, it is time to come in and perhaps repair the damage but my engineer told me I had more than enough fuel to complete the race so I decided to plod on to the finish.
    Which I did - P4. Meanwhile Hakan seemed to be having fun and passed me at least (very roughly) ten times ;)

Congratulations to Roy for another next to perfect race, to the "quiet achiever" Rob, and Hakan

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The race page has been updated with the track link now Sean. It was originally mistaken to be a default track :oops:

10. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Many thanks. C u at the next round