Assetto Corsa Round 2 Imola

Discussion in 'SRO Mazda MX-5 EuroCup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

I will have to miss Imola Ken to race in a Karting event at work sorry bud:oops: but I will see you all at Knockhill :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Ah, too bad Simon...
    Have fun at the real track though ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Hi
    Have to miss this one as im going to see a school play .....be back for the next one

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Ken Jagger

Dont forget to unregister Martyn as we have one guy who is red lit at the moment.

6. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

This little cars really, really, really need so, so, so much practice to be somehow competitive. This is what I'm lacking most TIME.
    I'm like a child in a candy store. So many "goodies" and so little "belly" :mad: (AC, ACC, rF2, rFHx, AMS, PC2, LFS and many more....)
    So, considering that I have a proposal (I must say it is a GOOD one):
    Penalty seconds - proportional with laps on practice server !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Please don't kill me. Just kiding :cool:
    Now another one for the gaming developers:
    Please, join all in one big studio and make just one SIM. The ULTIMATE SIM and I promise you, we all will play that SIM and only that SIM :D

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

This is exactly why I can't leave Assetto Corsa at the moment. You need to get used to each sim individually, and if you don't have the time, you simply can't be competitive in all of them. So even its getting old now, I try to stick to Assetto Corsa, because I got used to it and don't want to practise in another sim. Totally feeling you on this one. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Yes, but ... but ... but ... but ... but I LIKE THEM ALL :confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:cool::mad::cool::eek::oops::):(o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

And you seem to be pretty good in them all too Flaviu, despite your time limitations. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Martyn McClune

hi
    Im back in for racing tonight :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Sorry men if I don't make it tonight. I'm running way late. :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Martyn McClune

Enjoyed the race tonight. Had something on at home so thought i would not be able to race.
    As it happens it was cancelled so I joined with very limited practice time.
    Chris helped with a car setup and off I went.
    Ive raced Imola plenty in the past so it was really just getting used to the Mazda.
    I had quite a good race start and benefitted from a few incidents in front of me.
    Managed to run 2.12 so really wasnt a threat to the fast guys. I do hope i never caused any problems in race.
    Anyway had some good racing and i think im getting a bit quicker.
    Made the same mistake about 3 times losing back end under power out of the wee chicane. This cost me a lot of time and made for a lonely second half of race.
    Got lapped again but hey
    Well done to the podium guys :):):)
    Cyas next race:cool:

• Like Like x 4
  13. Frans van der Linden

Frans van der Linden Pro Driver Donator

Watch on Youtube in HD, like an subscribe please...

• Like Like x 7
  14. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Really happy with my qualifying lap putting the car second on the grid a few thousands from Bart. The start was not that great and Michiel put his car next to mine in the first corner. Being totally surprised I lost my focus on Bart and tapped him. Luckily he did not spun out. I did though halfway the first lap at the fast righthander downhill clipping the inside too much. Rejoined in 9th and started making up places. It led to an entertaining first part of the race. However, when I regained third place Bart and Michiel were too far ahead and started putting in some very fast laptimes. Michiel handed me second place on a silver platter by running out of fuel in the last lap. Too bad I threw the race away myself after a few corners already. Congrats with victory Bart. Nice racing you guys. C u all at Knockhill for round 3.

Cheers,

Tim

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  15. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

I somehow qualified third and was not really expecting that due to the amount of practice I have done for this race.

In general, my driving was reeeeaally inconsistent and off exactly due to the reason explained above. I hated myself more than once during the race. However, after a spin halfway into the race, I dropped behind Frans, and you can see a 2 minute non-stop action between me and him and Phil Brown (I hope I remember correctly) as of minute 15:00 in Frans's vid. It was probably the best thing ever about this race for me. I got punted from behind at one point at the downhill right-hand corner but managed to save it, other than that It was so clean and respectful. I loved it.
    Congratulations to Bart for 2 out of 2!

I'm looking for more of the same action next time at Knockhill! :)

• Like Like x 6
  16. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Had a little fun at the start then started making a few silly mistakes until I had a word with myself!!
    After that tried to drive consistently but was too late too gain any places so just brought the car home.
    Sorry for Pogo running out of fuel and feel guilty about gaining a place because of this but these things happen unfortunately.

For those that are interested in practice Sim Racing Holland have 2 practice servers currently running for this series. Both Knockhill and Vallelunga are available and if you run a custom skin and you have provided Frans with your Steam ID then you will be in your own car :cool: just search for "holl" in the lobby. No password is required and live timing for these servers can be found at www.simracingholland.nl

See you online guys:D

• Like Like x 3
  17. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

Miles off the pace but still had a good race somehow! I always seem to be able to find someone on the track who is at the same pace as me or close, so cheers SRO! Had a good time chasing some folks, spent (what seems like) most of the race behind @Sean Devlin, but to make things fair for him I made sure to do a stupid thing anytime I got very close...

Side note: not gonna name the name but it was disappointing to see some flagrant abuse of track limits, specifically the exit of Acque Minerali! Not nice!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

Just watching the replay Neil and the same person blatantly cuts the chicane a few times. Prime example 27minutes and 40 seconds in to the replay. Its not hard to work out who by the fastest lap times.
    Very disappointing :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

Yeah, having watched the replay I now see that it was a lot more than just the few laps I saw. Essentially every lap! Plus cutting Variante Alta not once, but twice. Just went from 'not cool' to 'not acceptable', IMO!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

I could miss an entire section and still be slow lol :)

• Funny Funny x 4