Assetto Corsa Comp Round 2 kyalami_2019

Discussion in 'Tuesday Night ACC Porsche Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

pcc r 2.jpg Registration

Welcome to Round 2
    This series has a reverse grid start and is using the entry list> 'entrylist.json' from each race to set the grid . Top 12 will be reversed, the rest will start where they finished & new drivers that missed round 1 will start in the back ..! There will be no Q sessions for the remainder of the series .

Now the important stuff > If you missed round 1 (the only round that had a q session)
    To get on the 'entrylist.json' YOU MUST RUN a Q and Race session on the practice server!
    ( between now and the Monday before round 2 , fyi Q sessions auto write your info to the entrylist)

If your not on the entrylist you cannot race ..:cool:
    For this reason I have set the practice server up for 10 min Q sessions & a 10 min race (no p session) this server is up 24/7 so server restarts every 30 min 24/7 to give you all a chance to get your info on the entrylist !
    Please let me know by replying to this thread once you have completed 1 q session ! then I can add your info to the official entrylist !
    Thanks all & glad to have you racing with us :D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Rob
    I will try some laps at Kyalami ,but if I´m so far of as at Brands I drop out of the whole thing.
    Can see from Brands comments that "fast guys " complain off slow cars in there Qualy session :rolleyes:

3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

No no no! It is part of the game, that you need to find good distance to make good lap in qual. It’s your own fault if you get caught in the wrong direction. Or just bad luck. And there isn't qual anymore, you don't have to worry about it. So just join us to next races! :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rob Milliken

Yes what Henri said ! Off the fastest pace is no reason to bail ! Im always well off the fastest guys as well ! Thats part of racing ! Its always been like that ! Mid pack & back markers are a big part of the racing & make for good competition for everyone! No matter how fast you are there’s always someone to race ! So don’t leave ! :D ..
    Spoiler alert: next years ACC series will be using your SRO drivers rank ! We will have The ‘Pro rank’ 6 or higher, & ‘Pro AM ‘= rank 5 & lower .. To create 2 sets of podiums Plus the over all ,. We are working on the details and will be testing this In one of the Up coming AMS2 Events !

• Like Like x 3
  5. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Ok give it another try , I know that I will never be among those quick one.
    Just didn´t wanted to ruin some ones race.
    And those Porsche is so xxx quick , very hard to control .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

The practice server is now up !

The entry list is just about set ! We have 2 needing quall laps (unless we have more signup's) :D So check your PM's, you have mail !
    For this reason the qual server will also remain up with the short 10 min stints . You must complete the Q & Race sessions to produce the entrylist .

7. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

Hi Rob,
    just to be sure I understood your message, I guess I didn't received your PM because I've already completed at least 1 Q and 1 Race session on SRO practice server. Same should be for Gavino Pintus. Am I right?
    2nd question is about the reverse grid for the next races. I don't understand if you're going to reverse the top 12 of the Championship Driver standings, or the top 12 of the previous race standing.
    Thank you in advance

8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Yes you will already be on the entrylist as you took part in race 1

I originally thought it was top 12 in the championship was reversed, but the info post says top 12 in the previous race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Top 12 from last event ! the rest will be placed in the position they finished the last race in .. so if you finished 13th you will start 13th etc..
    And yes you and Gavino are already on it .. As Andrew said , anyone who was in round 1 is already on the entrylist ! we only need to add the 'no shows' and 'new entry's' ! and they go to the back ..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

One more now !:)
    We still need q laps from :D
    Paulo Duleba

Does anyone know Paulo ? he has not replied to any of the messages & he's the only one not yet on the entrylist yet ..

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

did Q and R on server

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Thanks Toni , I did manage to grab your GUID info for the entrylist from your last GT3 race , but replaced it with this new one that has your Cup car info & all ,number etc.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Ok gent's here's the grid order according to top 12 reversed + 'start where you finished' 13th and on ..
    Bill Grewcock
    Janne Vartiainen
    Roberto Balli
    Simone Meazza
    Mark Jones
    Tim Muttram
    Mark Johnson
    Simon Gymer
    Andrew Williams
    Jeffrey Ruskus
    Matteo Santini
    Gavino Pintus
    Oli Bateson
    Flaviu Bozga
    Taner Selvi
    Stephen Wenham
    Andre Hildebrandt
    Johnny Gutierrez
    Rob Milliken
    Norman Bruce
    Hakan Aslan
    Henri Miettinen

Nelson Abrunhosa*
    Björn Johansson*
    Joel Ryczek*
    Lorenzo Galluzzi*
    Arto Kullberg*
    Toni Talvitie*
    Gergely Mazak*

* missed round 1 = random 'luck of the draw' placement .

Paulo Duleba has not produced a Q/R session !
    I have no info to add him to the entrylist ;-(
    If he shows up in time I will add him but its already the 11th hr !

14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Rob Milliken

Race day PW set on the champ page !
    Disclaimer : I see already we have one un-registered ..This can completely blow up the entrylist/grid assignments . If its out of sequence from a position missing I don't know what the servers reaction will be :eek: .. So if we have no shows & they are still on the entrylist assigned to a grid spot it might just scramble everyone behind that spot ....
    If this is a complete mess we will go back to using q next round ..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mark Jones

Mark Jones Pro Driver

Well that didn't go well... I had people warping and stopping in front of me at times and then things would be fine for several laps. Sorry if i caused any issues and no idea why it was intermittent and also i was showing good pings the whole time, as were most other people so bit confused. Ended up frustrated and spinning at last corner before being hit by a car that seemingly swerved into me rather than the other way, just about summed the evening up :rolleyes:

17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

climbed few spots rather fast and then punted..well, guy didnt even brake..out with a big hit.
    tyvm

18. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Does this game penalise grid jumpers ? I had 3 cars pass me before the race had started ( I think 2 of them dropped back again ) and one of them went past at least another 3 cars ?
    There were gaps on the grid and I was being directed by the game to move to the right side lane but there was no space for me, this confusion led to me getting a DT for going too fast at the green. Despite the DT it was a good race, the only other problem being the button I thought I had mapped for the wipers did not work, making it a bit hard to see sometimes.

19. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Norman, just follow your own widget.
    If the widget directs you to drive through another car, then do it (that car is obviously out of place on their widget).
    Usually everybody sorts themselves on the the widget before the start line. (obviously you don't want to be driving though another car when the race starts)

I had a good race, paint work is completely untouched which surprises me.
    Had a few laps early on trying to get past Johnson, whilst having the speedy guys of Pintus and Ruskus trying to get past me (which they both obviously did :oops: )

ps. Well done to Rob for sorting the grid :cool:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

That was fun race! Started from p20 and ended to p2, so I could say it went fine. Didn't practice for this round expect few laps before the race, but I drove the race on the same combo in the summer, so I had the setup. There was some changes to car after that race, so that setup wasn't so good that it can be, but pretty ok. Maybe I could also have fought for victory if I hadn’t been stuck behind a damn teammate so long :D in my opinion, that rain was too light, but maybe it is stronger next time. Grats Tim for win! :)

• Like Like x 2