Automobilista 2 Round 2 Laguna seca

Discussion in 'USA GTE Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Servers Up!

Standing start for this one!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  2. Zsolt Csók

Zsolt Csók Pro Driver

Rob! When will we get a full race description? Weather, damage, mech. damage, tyre wear, fuel consumption? In game date and starting time? They are good to be known in advance for practicing!

3. Rob Milliken

Same as last race, 13:00 race start (1:00 pm) fuel & tires are set to normal, the weather is set for real weather so who knows lol, Mec failures are ON so take care of your car & Engin! The server is and has been up with all these settings since last race.. :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rob Milliken

Since AMS2 does not have a "live timing" app yet or a way to show the practice lap times I have gathered some info from the server and have created a pic of a few times that have been recorded on the practice server so far! laguna times1.jpg It's well documented that the BMW has a slight advantage over the other cars at altitude but Laguna Seca is pretty close to sea level as was Daytona and this puts it in the hands of the drivers! these are not in any order just the raw times ..:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

I'll try again!;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Raceday Password is set on the Champ page!

Race notes: Standing start for round 2
    The server will restart at 18:00 GMT for official practice. Admin must be first to join.
    If the server is empty after *18:00 please wait for the admin to be first to enter to start the session before joining.

Thx!;)

*you may be on the server as much as you want before 18:00 GMT

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Server is restarting in 10 min !~!~

8. Tom Hales

Tom Hales Pro Driver

Was enjoying that then 2 x engine Failures . Some thing in my setup ?, just copied a ghost setup on the time trails.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Ahh ya same thing happened to JVDG last race ..those sets are mostly hot lap sets with not enough air to the engine so in a race, they blow ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tamas Sipos

Tamas Sipos Pro Driver

Overheat most likely if you didn't open the ducts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zsolt Csók

Zsolt Csók Pro Driver

Guys! If anyone could save the replay with a better reaction time than I had, please load it up to somewhere and share a link here. Thanx in advance!

12. Zsolt Csók

Zsolt Csók Pro Driver

Check the radiator! I bet it was set to zero... Time trial setup that is good for one lap only.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Zsolt Csók

Zsolt Csók Pro Driver

Rob! Sorry for the punt! I waited for you a bit but I saw that you stuck in the sand. In the last lap I slowed down to give back your position which you took back, but some seconds later uphill you went wide to the sand so I overtook you.

14. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I made that mistake too. Those setups have zero radiator cooling.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zsolt Csók

Zsolt Csók Pro Driver

It was a tough race. I f.cked up my race with changing my soft tyres. I saw that just a few guys did the same. I'm curious what compound others used.

16. Zsolt Csók

Zsolt Csók Pro Driver

You should have read the forum posts of the previous race. Not too many were posted.

17. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

No, I didn't make the mistake now, but in the previous race :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tamas Sipos

Tamas Sipos Pro Driver

Softs with no pitstop.

19. Rob Milliken

I have it saved but can't find it anywhere? i looked in ams2 docs, in screen shots, and in the main dir but can't find it? I can play it back through the game but can't find the files ??lol wtf .. any ideas?

20. Tamas Sipos

Tamas Sipos Pro Driver

I think it should be the one inside Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\<some random number>\automobilista 2\media\<the big file with today's date>. (not 100% certain but that looks like it)

• Like Like x 1