rFactor 2 Round 6 Rerun Le Mans Bugatti

Discussion in 'World Series by Renault Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Question. Is the server set up correctly? I haven't touched anything as of late. I'm slow so trying to make sure everything is ok before the race.

I get "An error occurred

Unable to install server mod, most likely cause is missing content. Please try returning to the main menu, or restarting the game."

This is what my screen says.

Thanks guys.

3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I've been on the server about a dozen times so far with no issues, but I'll check again tonight to double check for you.

That error message is usually RF2 picking up that something is missing from your packages. I'm guessing you've already tried unsubscribing and subscribing from the track (to force it to reinstall).

The car mod itself should be ok, as you've raced already. The only other issue some of us had had is the RFMOD file(s) becoming damaged. This is the small file that sets up the event. If it becomes corrupt somehow that can cause server joining issues. It's not a problem I've had but I have seen it mentioned here by others.

I think you can delete them via the content page on the RF2 UI, but there was also another application too that I've forgotten the name of at the moment. Sorry. It lives in the RF2 system folders.

On another note, I read with interest the last time the FR 3.5's visited this circuit. Such was the rate of development they went five seconds faster than the previous time they were there! lol. 1m 20's vs 1m 25's.

I'm doing ok, car is not bad but it's a bit crazy on the handling side so I need to try and get it to be a bit more stable. Otherwise I'll be spinning every ten laps!

4. Ken Jagger

Try this.
    Go to this rF2 folder location and double click on the modmgr.exe file - ..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64

It will open a fairly simple content manager app where you can install, uninstall, delete rf2 mods. Try uninstalling and deleting any that begin with "SRO..." like in this example.

RF2 Uninstall-delete old mod files.jpg

Join the server again and see what it does.

5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

thanks Ken, I was at work so couldn’t remember the application.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Johnny Gutierrez

Thanks Andrew and Ken. Followed what was told and a no go.

I unsubscribed and then resubscribed to FormulaRenault35 2014 and also the track a couple of times and it was a no go. Then I went to rF2 Modmgr.exe file and everything looks just like yours Ken but under Name, Version, Type and so on, it's blank with no content. It's all empty even though I do have content as I play rF2 all the time. Decided to go to Steam's web page and "Unsubscribe From All". Then I came back in here and subscribed to the content and track but still a no go as rF2 tells me the same thing. I resubscribed to Le Mans World Series we have here and it loads good. It's just FormulaRenault35 2014 for some reason.

Maybe I can unsubscribe and delete some file from the rF2 files and go from there?

Or I'll try and go into the sim itself while it's running and delete content from within like everything SRO?

Edit: Thank you guys. We fixed the issue. I went into rF2 sim/game itself, into content and unsubscribed/deleted everything with SRO. Took quite a bit but it worked. Maybe a mixed up file or something? Thanks again for your help. :) I felt like deleting more files since it felt good getting rid of stuff but then thought, what if I delete a file I wasn't suppose to so I stopped.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  7. Ken Jagger

Glad you finally got it sorted. It does sound like a vmod conflict. The vmod is the small config file that loads when you join the server for the 1st time. It's possible they could have duplicate names which build up over a period of time, which is why it's a good idea to clear them out once in a while. All our vmods begin with "SRO..."

This is what I suggested you do using the Modmgr app as you can uninstall multiple vmods in one go, rather than singly in rF2. To see the missing details you mentioned you actually have to click on one of the lines. Did you have the Mods & Components boxes checked as in my example?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Johnny Gutierrez

Edit: Fixed.

I did have the mods and components boxes checked. Hmmm.

I was in Steam library last night and their was a update install for rF2 so I updated. LOL. Maybe I shouldn't have.

This morning when trying to practice on the server it says, "An error occurred

Client - Server version mis-match. Client 1125 - Server. 1124

Please try returning to the main menu, or restarting the game.

Just not my week. Any ideas? :confused:

Edit: I fixed it LOL. My goodness. I just reverted back to the old build in Steam. Maybe SRO's servers aren't updated. I don't know because I'm guessing but I do know, reverting to the previous release worked.

Learning so much in such a small amount of time. :)

Still trying to get the Modmgr to work but gratefully, I have time for this.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  9. Ken Jagger

Further to Johnny's experience, we are having difficulties in getting our rF2 Dedicated server to update to the new 1125 build. The server is running build 1124 and we may have to use it for this race and the Le Mans race on Tuesday, if we can't fix it before then.
    To get on the server if your rF2 has already been updated, go to the Steam/rF2/Properties tab and under the Betas section, choose the previous release ..... option which will revert your install to 1124.
    Apologies for this, but hopefully we can get it resolved sooner rather than later.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I'm only mentioning this in advance as we had some issues in the last race of the IMSA style league some months back, there were all sorts of complaints from other drivers, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong Ken, but this track has no cut detection on it? I can get into the 23's but only by abusing track limits, lol. There are some corners where you can run wide and take more speed and gain a second or so. Doesn't always work as some of the kerbs are so aggressive you damage the car anyway but I guess it could be an issue in qualifying.

If I stay within limits I'm in the 24's but mostly 25's, not sure what the others are doing as I've not been on the server with them at the same time. They may just be mega fast which is entirely possible.

Ironically I've watched a few onboards of real life and the track doesn't have those god awful sausage kerbs in the fast chicane (and the exit of turn 6), which is a shame as it would be far more enjoyable without them, lol but again it could be to do with the above.

Also for those not aware this track appears to have no DRS zones, you can use it everywhere. I should be careful in the race though as I did a quick AI race; and the combination of DRS and following other cars through corners made for lively handling :)

11. Ken Jagger

According to the last updates notes for this track it says this "Reviewed track cutting parameters in order to outline what is cutting and what is lose control and avoid unfair penalties." What that means I'm not sure, but it does indicate there are some parameters for cutting in the files.
    Any instances of repeated track cutting will as always be reviewed with a view to penalties being applied by SRO, not the sim.
    You can use DRS on any car that provides it during all rF2 Practice & Qualifying sessions, irrespective of any defined DRS Zones in the track files. This has always been the case with rF2. During the race it can only be used within specified zones and when your are within the set time, usually 1 sec, of the car ahead when you cross the detection point.

I have examined the track files, done some testing and this picture shows the two DRS zones for this track. The coloured lines are:
    YELLOW - Detection point
    GREEN - Activation point
    RED - End of DRS zone

Note that the Yellow & Green points for this track are very, very close together.

BugattiCircuit DRS Points.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Go to older version or wait for server update?

13. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

@Ken Jagger Hey Ken, can you post some screen shots on how to revert to 1124. We may have some drivers looking for a quick guide.

14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Open Steam
    right-click rfactor2
    Choose properties
    select Betas
    from drop down menu, select previous-release - this is the previous public stable build.

Its 386MB so not a big hassle

15. Ken Jagger

As the above posts we will be using v1124 for this race.

16. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I LITERALLY COMPLETELY FORGOT THIS WAS TODAY AAAAAA!
    I'm joining as quickly as I can!

17. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I can't believe I missed this. I literally forgot what day it was.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Too hot, spun in straight line :)

19. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

What just happened? Did everyone get disconnected?

20. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

I got disconnected too.