Round 2 | Le Mans

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The 86th 24 Hours of Le Mans (French: 86e 24 Heures du Mans) was an automobile endurance event that took place on 16 and 17 June 2018, at the Circuit de la Sarthe, Le Mans, France. It was the 86th running of the 24 Hour race organised by the Automobile Club de l'Ouest, and the second round of the 2018–19 FIA World Endurance Championship.

The race was won by the No. 8 Toyota Gazoo Racing driven by Fernando Alonso, Kazuki Nakajima, and Sébastien Buemi, who also started from pole position. Toyota entered the only hybrid LMP1 cars and dominated the race weekend.

The LMP2 class was won by Signatech Alpine, after G-Drive TDS Racing finished first but were subsequently disqualified. The LMGTE Professional class was won by Porsche GT Team, whilst Dempsey-Proton Racing were class winners in LMGTE Amateur.

Highlights - 2018 Le Mans 24 Hours

2. John vd Geest

Weather settings for this race:

[​IMG]

Scripted
    Sky: Mostly cloudy and rain
    Rain change: 35%
    Humidity: 50%
    Temperature: 29 degrees
    Windspeed: 14,4 kph
    Wind direction: east

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

hmmmm ...... chance of rain at Le Mans ... interesting ....

:D

4. John vd Geest

Come get your feet wet Jerry. We miss you man! A lot of R2P guys are here already :rolleyes:

5. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

........... it always rains at Le Mans ..........

....truth in 24..

6. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Which version of Le Mans are we going to use?

7. John vd Geest

8. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Will the qualy period be extended for this. With such a long track it would be nice to maybe have 15 mins or 20 mins to qualy. Maybe run both classes at the same time to achieve. Long track less chance of problems having both on track at same time :)

As for weather. Excellent call. I predict a few more brown moments during this race. ;)

Good call on the car choice change as well. I think this can put people off turning up if they selected a car that they struggle to drive. It also means we can try out all of the cars if we want to and get our moneys worth. I take it we can't change classes though.

Looking forward to this race :)

10. John vd Geest

Yes, it is better if members can try out all the cars. You can change class if there's a slot open for it.

11. John vd Geest

P2 and GTE will qualify together for 25 minutes for this event alone.

For this event the P2's and GTE's will qualify together because of the long nature of the race. 10 minutes each will not be enough.

Please do not leave and rejoin the server during qualification. This causes stutters for the drivers on track.

12. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

There is an updated version of this track available on racedepartment. Not sure of what changes were made, just wanted to throw it out there in case it wasn't well known.

13. Lance Link

Lance Link Pro Driver

I have version 1.83 but shows we should run 1.80. no prob either way, just wanna make sure we gonna update to 1.83 before I download 1.8.

14. John vd Geest

Yes, I was notified today that there is an updated version of Le Mans 2017 V0.83. We are using that.

Le Mans 2017 track update

Le Mans 2017 has been updated from V0.8 to V0.83.

Please delete the track if you have already downloaded it and download the updated version here on "Cars and track":
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/632

• Like Like x 2
  15. John vd Geest

The server will be closed for qualifying for all coming events.
    That means, if you leave the server during qualifying, you can not come back untill the warmup session starts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 3
  17. John vd Geest

It's a beautiful track. The best I've seen in rFactor 2. A blast to drive. AI is quite good too.
    I woud advise all to do some testraces with the AI so you get used to overtaking and racing close together to avoid the problems like we had in the first race.
    Feeling the loss of downforce in the brakingzone when close behind an other car is something to practise for one.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Also the AI is good to check for performance, considering that it will most likely rain everyone who had troubles at the last race should look into this!
    But I must say, this track is very well optimized, I checked with 40 AI and rain and did not drop below my needed frame rate (45fps with ASW in the Rift) in VR.
    It's just shame that the spray from the rain still goes through the car, it's such a immersion killer in VR. :(

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alex Freitas

Alex Freitas Pro Driver

Will be a 10x times scale?Day,night,day?That would be great!

20. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

The problem with time acceleration, that starts with x5, is that the transitions look so bad. It's not a graduate change but rather it makes jumps and it looks very odd, also people tend to have performance problems in those jumps.
    It sure would be nice to race at night thought. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018