rFactor 2 Round 2 Macau

Discussion in 'Macau Magic GP3 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  2. Ken Jagger

A reminder for everyone that Qualifying starts at 17:00 GMT with a 25 min session. The race then starts at 17:30 GMT.
    ESC in Qualifying is also allowed due to the narrow nature of this track.

3. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Hi Ken
    Not sure if I am missing something with this car but I have tried to practice and cannot get any where near the required times. I run out of gears half way down the straight and I get passed like I am standing still. AI's gain probably 6 sec on the straight alone. I notice there are not settings allowed except for brake bias, this correct? I tried on your server and just loading the track and car in single player mode but get the same times and same speeds. I am 10 seconds or more behind everyone's times from round 1 so either I am really bad or there is something i am missing. I can almost get better times with a WTTC. If I can't get this figured out I will drop out because I will just be a blocker on this track. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

4. Ken Jagger

I've rebuilt the server config for this 2nd race, so everyone please do the following:

1. Go into the rF2 Launcher Content tab and uninstall/delete both (if you have both) the SRO Macau Magic GP3 R1 & R2 mod files
    2. Join the server again and it will download a revised SRO Macau Magic GP3 R1 mod file

Hopefully that will fix the problem experienced by Paul Upham and anybody else.

5. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Will there be a fixed setup and what does that mean? Are there parts I can change besides air in tires, brake balance and steering angle?

6. Ken Jagger

As per the post in the Race 1 thread:
    The only adjustable options are fuel, steering lock, brake pressure and bias.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Nothing to say! :mad::mad::mad:

8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Didn't realise setup got reloaded when session went to race. I had it all set up in Warm Up. But only had 30l when it came to race. Pit stop wouldn't give me any fuel so that was that. I had a strong 2nd place but I guess my pace was good because of the lower fuel. I hate fixed setups. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  9. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Maybe i should play other game, GTA, Farming Simulator or i don't know....Mario pff

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Ken Jagger

Sorry to see you go out Paul, I was wondering what happened when I saw you in the pits :(. It's the GP3 mod that doesn't allow refuelling in the race, not the fixed setup configuration.

11. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Its the fact it reset the setup when entering the Race session. Didn't realise I then had to change it again before going to the grid. Still no matter. Hopefully I'll remember next time :)

12. Ken Jagger

13. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I am sure I set the fuel to 50L but realized after a few laps I started with 30L? Tried to add some for a pit stop but missed the button lost control and front wing. I was just past the pit entry so I figured I just end up velcroed to the track side somewhere so I bailed. To bad so sad.

14. Ken Jagger

Using a fixed setup for the server acts a bit like Parc Ferme which means on a session change it restores the fixed setup. Partly my bad as I should've anticipated and reminded everybody of this. It does however make a point to check your setup before a race. I've blown it a few times in the past by not changing fuel after qual in a normal race.

15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I did check my setup as I would normally do in warm up session where I put in 47l of fuel. Just didn't expect it to reload going to the race session. Lesson learnt.

• Like Like x 1