rFactor 2 Round 2 Mid Ohio

Discussion in 'USF 2000 Road to Indy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

Well nice races.
    Race 1 I didn't had the pace, and destroy the tires. I tried to push in final laps but did a mistake so decided to reduce the pace and finish in podium. Great race from @Ken Jagger and @Caitlin Penny.
    Race 2 I changed the setup for Q and R, and worked much better. Had a massive fight with @Caitlin Penny but I didn't had the enough speed in straight line to attack proper. So P2.
    Overall it was a good result.

Look forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

After changing my Laguna Seca setup in practice, I wasn't sure how it would play out in the races tonight. I sacrificed some top speed in sector 1 for improved grip in the faster turns and in the slower sectors 2 & 3 of the lap. I was really surprised to be so close to Caitlin & Ricardo on pace, but was confident in the grip of the car to be able to push hard for the full 25 mins. When Caitlin didn't run away in the first laps, I realised I had a chance of passing her and managed to do so cleanly. After that I was able to ease away a little bit, which prevented her from trying to retake the lead. If the car felt as good as this in every race, I'd be a very happy man :D.

Race 2 ended early for me when I got hit from behind in the braking zone for The Keyhole T2, putting me off track and restarting last. With the confidence I had in the car's grip, I was able to recover several places, but then made a minor error approaching Thunder Valley which put me in the slippy sand, losing 3 places getting out again :mad:. One that got away for sure!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

These cars are a blast to drive. A lot different from the GT3's.
    I was kinda down starting just ahead of the last guy in R1, until the spinouts in midpack on the straight, managed to hang on for 7th.
    In R2, I started midpack and managed to hang on there, which was good for me!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Strange deal, I did some offline laps in the 15's, and when came online I couldnt see my setup until I unchecked 'show only relevant sets' and I noticed my wing values
    had changed from 10F /40R to 3F / 9R and had way less power/ top speed and my fuel mileage near 30 % less..?

6. Hilario Sousa

Hilario Sousa Pro Driver

Well... i'm not sure how to feel regarding this event. Ricardo came up with an amazing setup, but the lack of time to practice came at a cost. I only got how to do turn one properly half way in race 1.
    Race 1 - Was all about learning, and I was really surprised with my pace, so afert a poor qualifying did my best to climb up the order and finished 6th, doing just some minor mistakes here and there.
    Race 2 - Since I knew I had the pace, and after doing a medium qualifying, my hopes of fighting for the win were there. Quickly all my hopes when out the window after a distraction with the rearview mirror on T2, ending not only my race but also the race of others. After that my concentration was gone and did some stupid mistakes, damaging the back wing. Went trough the pits, fixed my wing and off I went to at least try and have some fun. In the end I was even more angry when I saw I had the fastest lap, so potencially had the pace to fight for the win.
    My apologies to anyone who I ruined the race for. Will try and do better next time.
    Cya on the next one guys!!

7. Ken Jagger

Not sure where you could've got a 1:15 from Scott o_O You sure you weren't using a different track version (if there is one?) or some other ideal settings i.e. high grip track etc.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Yeah, 1:15s are probably only achievable by aliens like Rudy Van Buren or the like. Sorry!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Very strange, I only have one mid-ohio track, but it was more like a car update to me because I had way more power/ top speed and also that the wing values had changed on the same setup:confused: Actually felt more grip but way slower pace when I came online:confused:. Maybe its this new job...I'm going insane?!

10. Caitlin Penny

Were you driving a F3, pro Mazda or something like that?

11. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Seeming like somehow I had the Tatuus PM-18, but I hadn't drove since 2 weeks ago at Laguna Seca so I just fired up RF2 and switched tracks, so IDK how It would have changed from the 17.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Caitlin Penny

Whoops!

13. Ken Jagger

I think I might need to keep a close eye on Scott in future, you know, just in case. :rolleyes::D

• Agree Agree x 1