rFactor 2 Round 2 Mills Metro Outer C

Discussion in 'Clio Cup rF Classics Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Camilo Grandon

Camilo Grandon Pro Driver

Excuse me all, I tremble in my country in my area, and I lost the internet connection with little to finish. but thanks for letting me participate, I am also happy for the experience and I hope I can keep running with you. I have little time in rfactor and I don't know the game system, but I will learn.
    I had to take a screenshot of the deconection but it didn't give me time and left the server.
    I reiterate my apologies for what happened and I hope to participate in the next date.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

An earthquake? Tough Luck.

First time I drove this car and I´m not really sure what I should think off this mod. Not really feeling comfortable with the car. The start was ok but at some point I really lost something. I missed the apex, braked too early or too late... Ed in my mirror did not help me, I wanted to avoid any mistake. Surprisingly only in the end Ed could attack me. I had a fair and square fight with him. He passed me into that really slow chicane with a really nice attempt. But he seemed also to have problems to drive flawless with someone in the mirror and did go wide into the last turn. We repeated that one more time but I could keep the upperhand. Maybe a bit fortunate but. Let´s repeat that the next time ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Camilo Grandon

Camilo Grandon Pro Driver

Yes, at least it was nothing serious 6.2 but it lasted 1 or 2 minutes while we ran, I thought it would get worse but no. Something caused the loss of internet service and I lost the connection almost finished the race. Well, I will continue practicing now for the next race and I hope to arrive in a better condition. I have a hard time taking the car on very technical circuits like that but it is a matter of practicing and understanding the physics of the game. I imagined that being moving positions should be entertaining but I must work to be at your level today.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

You weren't too far away on lap-time from most of us Camilo. Thanks for joining us in this series. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

This must be up there as one of the best driver excuses going ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Good session and missed pole by 6 hundredths. Well done Manuel :)

Race
    Wow what a race. For the first number of laps I was all over the back of Manuel but only had half chances to get passed. Couldn't believe it when the 30 minute message popped up. I thought I'm not going to last such was the intensity of the racing. My patience finally paid off having a good run out of the turn before the hairpin and I managed to slip pass into the braking zone. From there Manuel was never more than a second away. At one point he nearly got passed me into T1 but I managed to fend him off. I always find chasing a lot easy than being the guy in front having to constantly check the mirrors for any attack. Thankfully my tyre wear was good here unlike the first round when they went off after a couple of laps. I found some decent setups over at Race Department. I shall post these here later or simply go to RD. That's a top tip especially if you're no good at setting up a car. Go search the internet there are always setups out there.

Thanks to Manuel for making this a good clean race :)
    Well done to Ken for 3rd and thanks to all for turning up.

These cars are the best FWD cars I've driven. The FFB is amazing. Just wish more people would turn up for these mid-week races.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

My setup and setups from RD

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ken Jagger

You do need to be careful though as a lot of the setups for cars that have been around for a long time pre-date the tyres physics updates that have been released by S397. You may have just lucked into one that worked Paul. :)
    Having driven these cars so many times over the last few years, I never did get a setup configuration that gave me confidence from the start to the end. Until last night that is. :rolleyes::cool: I tried something which definitely worked wonders, at least at this track, but will reserve full judgement until I've tried it at a couple more races.

And no before anybody asks, I'm not telling anybody yet what it is. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

It's NOS isn't it. You found the nitros button. Ken is the fast and the furious ;)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  11. Ken Jagger

I asked you to keep that secret....:eek: