rFactor 2 Round 2 Monte Carlo

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

A reminder for everyone to make sure your STEAM profile name matches your SRO username before you join our servers. Failure to match these will result in your exclusion from the results.

4. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi Ken,
    I had a gear shift mechanical failure yesterday (it spoiled my DRM race on AC!) and, whilst I'm trying to get it sorted as soon as possible, I don't think it will be functional for tomorrow's race! :(:(:(.
    This is two in a row! :mad:
    I really wanted to do this race... I hope everything will be fine for the next one! :cool: And sorry for missing this one.
    All the best!
    Jos Ogos

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Thanks for letting us know your situation Jos. I hope you can get it sorted out sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Thanks, Ken.
    BTW, I did the other day a dry run with the AIs to get used to the traffic and this was the result (wasn't planning to publish it as my intention was to publish the race tomorrow, but within the circumstances...).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry Ricardo the yellow flag flashing up on my screen just took my concentration away for a split second and at exactly the wrong time. :(

8. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

NP dude. happens !
    My first race here, and after some time without racing guess it was a good race.
    Look forward.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

My race was going OK until L3 when coming down from the Grand Hotel hairpin I found Caitlin's car broadside across the track after the first RH turn just before Portier. I couldn't go to the right so had to clatter over the kerbs on the left, which gave me some damage, resulting in clouting the barrier at the very fast Harbour Chicane when the car didn't respond as it had done previously. A 3 min pitstop was my reward, dropping me 2 laps down in last place :(. I'm glad you didn't get any damage in this race Caitlin :rolleyes:

Then after resuming I ran a bit deep in the final turn which rF2 decided was a "Track Cut", giving me a S/G penalty. I used all 5 laps available before coming in to take the penalty as I was trying to pull out a time gap to Rob, hopefully giving me a shot at catching him for position before the end of the race. When I tracked into the pit lane at the end of the 5th lap rF2 bit me again by awarding a DQ for not taking the S/G. I think it may have decided this due to the early position of the Start/Finish line and with my pitbox being further up the track. A bug maybe with this track, although there are many others which have pitboxes after the S/F line, so I'm not sure my assumption is correct or not.

A big disappointment for sure as despite the difficult nature of this track, I really enjoyed driving the Eve F3 car here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Ken, I believe there is something odd with these pitboxes. At first I could not find the pitboxes at all :)
    I discovered, while practicing, that you have to request a pit stop, also to clear your penalty.
    Also the position of the pitboxes does matter. For example if you get a penalty for leaving the (parking) box while red it is possible to take that penalty already a few meters further, where the pit boxes are. So you might be right. I hope you have a better race at Spa.

11. Ken Jagger

If you request a pit stop in rF2 it will override a Penalty stop as far as I am aware. Despite this track being an original ISI release in the early days of rF2, I don't believe it caters for all the eventualities that can occur during a race.
    I hope so too :)