Round 2 Montjuich 1975

Discussion in 'GPL Mclaren M2B Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 23, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to Round 2 Montjuich 1975

The 1975 Spanish Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held at Montjuïc circuit on 27 April 1975. It was race 4 of 14 in both the 1975 World Championship of Drivers and the 1975 International Cup for Formula One Manufacturers. It is one of the most controversial and tragic race weekends in the sport's history after the death of five spectators who were hit by the crashing Hill GH1 of Rolf Stommelen. It was also the race in which Lella Lombardi became the first and so far only woman to score points towards the World Championship and future world champion Alan Jones made his first start.

[​IMG]

Montjuich 1973

Gameplay onboard

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  2. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

On the server this AM for a handful of laps. Thank heavens that prior experience here in GPL stood me in good stead. M2B felt great! Cut a 37-odd.

4. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

This car / track combo is absolutely perfect. Long, four-wheel drifts everywhere. And of course the mandatory (in 1966) liftoff!
    @Tim Muttram is going to be at home here!

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Yup, judging his cornering in the former series. He's the drift king in this mod :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

he made it look easy, fast and fun.

until i watched him glide by me, i thought the sliding approach was incorrect.....
    i was wrong, its fast(in Tims hands) and fun(in my hands)..

7. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Hi, it's there any chance of a practice server? I found one for Sunday but nothing for tomorrow!

8. John vd Geest

Rob has been very busy configurating the server for rFactor 2 Nordschleife. I will ask him to set it up today.

9. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

10. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Thanks for sorting that - my god is this a fun track!
    My tire app says the McLarens' tires are good for around 2000 laps here - lets see how big a chunk I can take out in 45 mins :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

It originates from the game Grand Prix Legends. It is an add-on track made by the community and it is still very populair as a converted track.

12. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

13. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I know, Doni and I have a good 10 years worth of practice here ;)
    It's just that GPL conversions are normally rubbish as a result of how the tracks are created in the game (I tried making a few back around 2003ish) - but someone has actually bothered spending some time on this version!

I was mostly referring to the fact that on a fast lap all but 2 corners involve lots of opposite lock :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Then you should be good there LOL !!

15. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

sorry but im going to bow ourt gracefully from this series as I just do not have the pace. Tried everything I know but the pace just isnt there
    May return sometime in the future though
    Thanks for the racing

• Like Like x 1
  16. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

The race will be broadcasted live here!

17. Caitlin Penny

Has the server gone down? I don't see it.

18. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

2 people on there now according to the live map, so I guess it is running

19. Caitlin Penny

Found it. I just had to search 'Montjuich' instead of 'SRO'.

20. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Great fun, the track suits my style perfectly.
    With 15 minutes to go my wheel started to lose calibration, by the end it was nearly 90 degrees out from centralised. This made it very hard to control the car to the finish.

Well done to the finishers and lapped drivers.

Absolutely gutted the skins haven't been installed again, 2 days wasted just so the grid can look the same:(