Assetto Corsa Round 2 Mosport

Discussion in 'Big Boys Toys GT Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Ken Jagger

Submit your car & skin choice that you want to use in this race. Selection must be made by 24:00 GMT Saturday 10th Oct.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

I can not get in this race.

4. Ken Jagger

You should be OK now Kai :)

5. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I'll be going with the Maserati for this one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Zonda R #65 please :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Zonda "Nurburgring" for me then please.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Brabham BT 62 Please Ken

• Like Like x 1
  9. Laurent Londes

This will be a tough race :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

LaFerrari Avorio R please!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Maserati MC12 for me #10

• Like Like x 2
  12. Laurent Londes

Maserati MC 12 GT1 - Skin #35

13. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

Maserati MC12 #9

• Like Like x 1
  14. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Hi All
    I jump off and leave the series.
    Must admit that the noise around the cars and properties +/- gives too much noise and the unknown if there will be more change during the season. It must be more firmly clarified before choosing a series next time ..
    Ken remove me just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Sorry, i can not race today, i am very tired (kitchen painting).

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

So from the indications in practice when running race fuel, it looked like the medium tyres would be no problem on the Maserati after I dialled in a setup which for me took away some of the rear-end instability exiting those fast turns and/or under braking when still turning. How wrong can you be? :eek:
    Things were looking OK for the first half of the race, even after a mistake at he mid-track hairpin/double right hander. But then understeer started to set in, along with a unwanted transient balance change from U/S to O/S in a couple of places. This coincided with a rapid change in tyre colour from yellow to red which surprised me as I am pretty easy going on tyres usually. By the last few laps the rear-left had no colour at all :( and it was hard to keep it pointing forward at the end.

Grats to Tudor & Phil on somehow avoiding this tyre issue and running storming lap times all the way to the end. Also it didn't look like the ballast added to the BT62 affected it's performance one little bit.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laurent Londes

Very happy with qualifying on pole with the Maserati MC12. That has to be worth a point!

Forgot that the car hasn't got auto-clutch like the hypercars at race start and didn't move at all when the lights went out. Phil accelerated into me naturally, sorry Phil! I knew I wouldn't have the pace to keep the Zonda and Brabham behind in race anyway. The hard tires did not provide enough grip in the turns to make the difference. At lap 3 Phil was close enough at the hairpin to blast past me on the back straight. I was about 2 to 3 tenths slower than the front cars and was able to stay at about 3 seconds behind Phil until my tires started degrading.
    I had the same issue with the rears completely gone. P3 was the best I could do, I was hoping for a big error from one of the cars in front but that didn't happen. Congrats Tudor and Phil! I saw how Phil was on his back at the hairpin each time. The Zonda seemed too fast for the Brabham on the straight. Must have been frustrating for Phil!

The tires are not the same on these cars and that is the big difference. The other cars tires do not degrade as much as the Maserati. The Maserati is close on pace to those cars but because of the tires degrading a lot more on the Maserati it is actually not possible to race the other cars.. that's a pity really.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Managed to sneak 2nd place in quali although was on for pole on my next lap when I encountered yellow flags and spinning cars in the final complex and had to back out.

When Laurent's MC12 bogged down at the start I was off like a scalded cat in the Zonda and tried to build a bit of a comfort gap on the opening laps until Phil started to close me down. He soon caught up and was stuck to me like glue for the remainder of the race. I knew the Zonda was quicker than the Brabham up the back straight so concentrated on getting a good exit from the hairpin and then running clean laps. Was still surprised I was able to hold on for the win as Phil was clearly quicker than me but respect to him for not diving in and forcing the pass :cool:

My tyres held up pretty well throughout but then I'm generally good with tyres. I use the pro tyres app to set them up and monitor temps/pressures during the race and make sure I don't slide around too much which would have soon had them overheating.

It's been ages since I won a race, especially in AC so I was relieved to get to the finish. A shame about the lower turnout, I'm enjoying running these cars that I probably would never have bothered with if it wasn't for this series so thanks for putting it together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Laurent Londes

Same here! Wish there were more participants for the next one. Especially as a lot of participants from Paul Ricard didn't turn up. I hope it is not related to the Brabham ballast thing, because that car is still one of the fastest for sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Ken Jagger

Which is exactly one of the key reasons for creating this series :)
    Agree that the ballast didn't seem to change one little thing as far as the BT62's speed.