Round 2 Nordschleife Kunos - Thu Apr 29, 2021

Discussion in 'Ferrari 250 GTO Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 30, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-3-30_11-58-36.png

Welcome to round 2 Nordschleife (Kunos version)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  2. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

This is going to be great great fun on its own, this car has been designed for this track !! Then if ever I'm able to fight with someone at the back, will be tremendous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Only 16 seconds of the WR. How is this a WR? Where are these records kept?

Will the server be up soon?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alessandro Tancioni

Alessandro Tancioni Pro Driver

when will be the server on??

6. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hello @John vd Geest, is there a conflict with monday's T70 or something about the server ?

7. John vd Geest

No, the Lola T70 is 26 april and the 250 is 29 april.

8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

My question was more : is there a reason why we don't have the GTO server up ? :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Ah, glad it's not just me that can't find it!

10. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

What a lovely drive this car is around the nordschleife. Bizarrely I have never tried the GTO at the Ring. Got myself a lovely thin rim wood and chrome wheel for full immersion too :cool:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. John vd Geest

12. John vd Geest

SRO is supposed to have a server up 2 to 3 days in advance of the event. Anything more is a bonus :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

I try to get to this one. Can any one share his setup? Or at least the tire pressures. Practice isn't really my thing, so i will jump straight into race.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  14. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i couldnt see which variant of the Nordschleife we are using in the race calendar post or here? Got a race every night this week :eek: so practise will be minimal but know the track well enough to have fun.

15. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

*cough* thread title

Sorry, hair in my throat ;)

16. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

but that just says Kunos, i meant which layout? arent there 3 different courses using parts of the GP track?

17. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Anything containing part of the GP course is an endurance layout, Nordschleife is the Nordschleife :)

18. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Didn't get to drive it on the Kunos version yet, but I drove on the 1967 layout recently with it. Try 36 tire pressures all around, maybe 37 on fronts. And you can use first or second final drive. The first one is pretty straight forward and you'll be close to the limiter in 5th on the Doettinger straight. Again that was on the 1967 layout. The Second final drive still can be pretty good with cornering and especially using all that good torque from 5000 RPM. It can also be good with saving some fuel. The top speeds seemed pretty much the same for me. That means you'll probably use 2nd instead of 3rd gear in some corners and be barely getting up to 5th until the big Doettinger straight. So just get used to go harder on the brakes, but with less downshifts and engine braking available to help you there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Interesting. I'm using 33 all round and the default gear ratio. Found higher tire temps made the car slide too much and I made too many mistakes. Don't have time now to try out the other gear ratios. I'll probably be a sitting duck down the long straight then. Time to put on those wheel spacers to make my car super super wide ;) :)

20. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

ah, didn't realize that race start so late, so i'm out.