Assetto Corsa Comp Round 2 Oulton Park

Discussion in '2021 GT4 Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

RaceDay PW is set on the Champ page!
    Small but feisty grid~!~ :D
    GLA ..

3. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

server is not working or i CANT FIND IT AT ALL :(

4. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

couldnt get on in time to race :( trouble running ACC on my old rig AGAIN :(
    think i am going to have to give in and buy a new pc

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Nice job Jeff on the win for another Team Shark 1-2...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Some welcome back to the world of ACC..... I pick the Wazarati at Oulton so it rains! :rolleyes:
    Given that and the fact I had 25 minutes to practice and set the car up before the race I'll take 3rd - gutted I made some mistakes and cost myself 2nd, but the car wasn't as progressive as I normally like when on the limit. And one thing about the Massa is that when it's wet the bugger is always on the limit!

I'll probably stick with it for the rest of the season now - at least it shouldn't rain at Bathurst..

And for everyone unlucky enough to run out of road at T2 last night - yes, it really is that slippy in the wet: I once nearly came off there following a safety car during an out lap on a very wet trackday. Only reason I stayed on track was because I pulled the handbrake to get the car to rotate and powered through it :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Well, now you've jinxed it! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Well the rain destroyed what little chance i had of being competitive with only 10mins of dry practise under my belt. I should have stuck with the Ginetta as at least i had a setup sorted for it (dry and wet) but i took the Cayman thinking it would be a quick platform. Wrong, it was next to useless with the wet setup, understeering off everywhere. But even in the dry i was 2 secs a lap slower than last time we raced here. I underestimated how different another sim feels when i've spent the last month or more solely on I-racing. After several laps i was falling off track and just not enjoying it enough to suffer 45mins of it and a small grid so exited early. Have found the RL incessant rain quite demoralising lately so really didnt need to see it in my sim driving! :(
    ACC has had some updates since i last raced so need to re-jig my FFB as i wasnt getting much feel through the DD steering.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

The Porsche imho is one of the quicker cars, BUT, without practice it is one of the slowest. You have to drive it differently to most of them and it takes a while getting used to it. I found with 2 hot laps on each car the Porsche was one of the slowest, but if I spent time with it I could extract a lot more out of it than most of the others.

On the BMW we had 2 TC and ABS settings. Default wet setup is 2 and 2, but the car would not stop on 2 ABS and would not turn on 2 TC, so I put them down to 1 (same as dry), which took me a while to figure out was the best setting for me as the GT3s always need more ABS/TC in the wet, so i found it odd that the GT4 was no better with more TC/ABS, in fact it was worse! I started on 1 and 1 and was ok with Jeff but it felt a bit slidely, so I changed to 2 and 2 and then fell off and let Tim past. After I went back to 1 and 1 it was much better. Should never have fiddled with it!

10. John Passmore

John Passmore Pro Driver Donator

My second race with this sim and i am still getting to grips with it! bit of a curve ball at the start with the wet race as i thought i didn't have the wipers mapped! so frantic pressing of buttons on the wheel to see if the default setting had them luckily enough they did. Stuck with the default set up for the wet with the ABS and TC must get round to mapping them as well lol. First wet race for me since GTR2 many many moons ago at Race2Play, had a shaky start but got into a rhyme just not as fast as the front 3, grats to the podium
    Bathhurst next, not one of my favourites lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Me neither. Can I suggest we reduce these races to 30 minutes because of the small grids otherwise Bathurst especially could be quite boring?

12. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Take the Mazza - I can assure you that's quite exiting enough over the mountain even without competitors

13. You can just map a button to cycle through the MFD on the bottom left of the screen, on one of the pages you can change all your electronics as well. Saves a lot of buttons.

If Bathurst is boring for you, try going faster.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

I could but then it would be a 2 minute race and I may take a load of you with me!;):eek::p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. 2 Minute race, I don't expect you to get that far in the first lap ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. John Passmore

John Passmore Pro Driver Donator

always ends in tears!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

LOL. Don't forget that's sometime on the formation lap. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Can the wait time to the start of a race increase? There never feesl a defined chance between qually and race to catch a breathe and get ready.

I had around 20 sec to try and come up with a wet setup. Just feels all the dry running was wasted! Having not done any wet running it just felt an excersie of frustration so gave up after a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Same for all of us Mark. I just loaded the wet setup and went with it. If I’d had time I’d have used the dry setup with wet tyre pressures I think, but I barely had time to load it and change the fuel.

20. Rob Milliken

For sure we will add more time , it’s actually set for 2 min from end of q & then the 1 min count down giving us 3 min but the server is adding the time in the wrong place so we sit & wait & cant use the ui or see the next sessions weather for that 2 min ?? Wtf… then it goes to the 1min to gree count down , & that’s what catching us … :mad:This only happens with the ‘new servers’ , (we have 2 for acc ) the rack service servers had it working proper but there out of the hosting business now:( . But fear not! I will sort the issue so we have the time once the session changes not before .. thats the issue i think .. Imperial servers language is a bit deferent. They use a drop down data base selection method where rackservise simply let you edit your cfgs direct . The drop downs make it nice & easy but we have issues like this now .. o_O:D