rFactor 2 Round 2 Portimao

Discussion in 'Studio 397 LMP2 & GT3 Endurance Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 3, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Algarve International Circuit

[​IMG]

The 100,000 capacity Algarve International Circuit (Portuguese: Autódromo Internacional do Algarve), commonly referred to as Portimão Circuit, is a 4.692 km (2.915 mi) race circuit located in Portimão, Portugal. With a total cost of €195 million (approximately $250 million), the project includes a karting track, technology park, five-star hotel, sports complex and apartments.

Construction was finished in October 2008 and the circuit was homologated by both the FIM on 11 October 2008 and the FIA two days later.

The circuit was designed by Ricardo Pina, Arquitectos. In October 2010 the teams agreed to add the Portimão Circuit to the Formula One testing roster along with Bahrain.

In September 2013, the company that manages the circuit, Parkalgar Serviços, was taken over by Portugal Capital Ventures, which is a Portuguese state-owned venture capitalist, effectively placing the circuit under state management. The sale was forced by the debts accumulated by Parkalgar Serviços, believed to be approximately 160 million Euros.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Is the server up? If so, is the track correct -- Portugal (Estoril) v. Portimao?

3. John vd Geest

4. Barrett Erickson

Yup, and the main SRO page shows the server for this is up. But the server showing in Live Timing and rF2 launcher is:

rFactor 2
    SRO 397 MC R2
    SRO Studio 397 MC R2 v1.0
    Portugal GT Layout

Connecting to that server does load Portugal GT.

5. John vd Geest

Check, I'll inform Rob. He sets up the server for this series.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

Anyway, the layout will be Portimao, Circuit 1 (without the chicane).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

Anyone know what a good time around here is in the lmp2?

8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

As it's Le Mans weekend, thought I'd modify my livery for this race. I'll probably use it more than once as it turned out pretty well :)

The RF2 shader controls are cool, but can sometimes be very frustrating! lol

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  9. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Pulling out will be back for round 3 Sebring

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Only because I saw the post of Facebook about an RF2 new build being released today with the Le Mans track.

https://www.studio-397.com/category/news/

Will this cause any issues or shall we just try joining the server and go from there?

12. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

Think we could add the new lemans to season? Maybe the finale?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Normally once a season is set that’s it (juggling between available server space, etc.), so usually no.

Unless they do something like the Indy 500 event and do it as a one off.

14. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

I may be wrong but it seems there's no LMP2 on server for this race.

15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

There should be, I was on it last night. I mentioned above though, there has been a Rf2 update. Did your copy of the sim download it? That could be why you can no longer get onto the server.

Only guessing though :)

16. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Im getting a package error.
    wont be joining tonight

17. Barrett Erickson

john was on earlier and i pm'd him about the practice length. i see rob and ken online now, so they may be working on it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys a new build for rf2 came out plus updates for the oreca so that might be the issue ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

i am updated

20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah not SRO’s fault. Unusual for an update on a Sunday but I see it was released with the Le Mans track.