Project Cars 2 Round 2 Red Bull ring

Discussion in 'Ginetta GT4 SuperCup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

Great race as always, congrats to everyone!
    There's not much to talk about on this one, everything went as expected for me.
    I got 3rd in quali and kept my position throughout the whole race. I started catching Chris at the midpoint and almost managed to get into his slipstream but then after about 10 laps of pushing as hard as I dared, I did make a mistake and from then on I had no choice, I had to just sit back and drive to the chequered flag.
    It's good to see some consistent driving from my side, now I need to work on being able to push a bit when needed.
    Thanks Ken as always for making these races possible!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Well done mates, good racing and a growing grid.

I had the same thoughts as Viktor: P1,2 and 3 were clear, so my target was a battle for P4 with Ken and Brian.
    Two scary moments left some impression on me:
    1. I had a better start than Chris and would have been able to pass him, but i was afraid of causing a mass carambolage in
    corner 1, so i slowed down, but it was even tight, i had to break to avoid contact with him.
    2. After a good fight with Ken we had a little exchange of car paint in corner 2, after that i had a small damage and i could not
    follow him. (exactly the same happened 1999 between the teammates Häkkinen and Coulthardt, you can watch here :
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
    " title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    :) )
    Looking forward to next race @ Donington

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

First off nice to see a few more drivers on the grid.
    I had a good result on a track I really don't enjoy, but Chris and Viktor were well on the pace. I messed up quali a bit but just about managed to get pole by the tiniest of margins which would hopefully make it good for turn 1 as this is not an easy track to overtake with guys on a similar pace as you.
    After the start and turn 1, Chris was right on me and I really needed to keep good lap times and consistency to hold the place and finally pull a gap but i was under full pressure, great race Chris.
    To anyone who is interested I had about 7 setups for this race and confused myself which one I was going to run for the race and quali.
    Some felt fast, but lap times were not, some had different gearing etc and felt quick but were 3-6 tenths off my pace, so it really took a long time to get sorted.
    5 of my setups would have lost me the race against Chris who was mighty fast, so all I can say is it has a lot to do with the time I spend on setups, I do work full time, 50+ hours a week but my relax is sim racing.

Maybe and just throwing it out there to everyone for their opinion what if we did a mini series in PC2, and had a fixed setup race with only brake bias to be adjusted for different pedal sets and braking preferences for all those who don't have the time to spend, or don't want to sit doing setups for a race so we are all even. Just an idea guys.

Thanks to Ken as always, but how the hell do you do so many races and be so competitive in all sims with not a lot of times for set ups etc.:confused:.
    I have just started a SRO AC series which i have never played and I'm not so good, I have pace but just cant get used to it yet and too many mistakes,:eek:, but it is fun and my results are not so good:rolleyes:
    This is a Great community and thanks to all.
    Gerhard nice clip ,a true racer to remember all these old clips.
    Well that's it folks see you at Donnington.;)

• Like Like x 5
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I think I'm pretty middle of the road as far as competitiveness is concerned. Maybe I'm just more insensitive to the variation between the sims we use :D such that it doesn't make any difference to me, who knows. I usually only spend the 1-1.5 hrs before a race working on setup, so maybe that's also my downfall :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Bogged down on the start, and went down a place, but managed to secure second again out of T1. Tried applying a bit of pressure to Julian, but after a few laps knew I didn’t have the straight line speed to launch a challenge, so decided to consolidate second. Was surprised to pull out a 4 second gap on Viktor to be honest, and maintained it for some time until I got the exit of T1 a bit wrong and had to save a spin! That brought the gap down to 2 seconds or so, so got my head down and concentrated on consistency and was eeking out the gap again until Viktor’s mistake which increased the gap up to 7 seconds or so.

With all of the concentration, the first time I looked at the race time, there was only 10 minutes to go! Maintained the consistency to secure second. What a great race. Thanks to @Ken Jagger for hosting, everyone for a clean race, and @Viktor Takács & @Julian Smith for some competitive racing

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver

Congrats to the podium and to all of those who took part.
    Decent start putting me up to 4th, second lap was a disaster by hitting the sausage and spinning myself out at turn one :mad: putting me back to 11th.
    Fought back to finish 6th so wasn't too disappointed with overall performance.
    Great to see a large turnout and thanks to Ken for making it all happen. See you all at the next meeting.

• Like Like x 4