Assetto Corsa Round 2 Riverside

Discussion in 'Porsche 718 Spyder RS Classic Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I will be not be able to attend this race, so I ask that you all please ensure that it starts at the scheduled time by using the in-game voting system.

Enjoy. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

This can be a fun race. A long straight can make it difficult to defend a position. I think, if I do not use manual clutch I'd probably be half a second faster, but it doesn't feel right. It is difficult to balance the throttle and the brake at the same time when shifting gears down. Or maybe I just have to learn another driving style :D I have a weekend away from home, back on Sunday evening, so I don't probably have more time to practice in this race. So that is, 11 laps of training is enough for this race :p

4. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I'm so far off pace in these cars and on this sim that I'm going to skip this series. Have fun and good luck.

5. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Sorry guys when I left in the middle of the race. I was in a hurry to run to vomit.

It was a terrible race for me. I couldn't concentrate at all. I tried to drive in safe mode, but I still made mistakes all the time. I hope it's not as bad a hangover next time. Grats podium guys!

6. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

shame man, tough race

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

@Ken Jagger if you cannot make the race.
    please un-register for the event.
    the tab is on the race page, next time i will remove you.

BWHAHAHA
    :p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I love these cars - It's a big shame Henri was under the weather as it was good fun when we were battling for the first 15 odd minutes.
    On the plus side it should make for a better and closer championship fight for all!

These are odd cars, They're one of the few in AC that actually start to handle better and go faster the more their tyres wear :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

well i had an absolute blast.
    these cars are epic fun, so much so that even last position still puts a smile on my face.

as for the race report....

Practice during the week went well.
    the few hours i had free to AC i used.
    developed a good setup and momentum.
    was happy in the 2:10 zone and felt i could get an early 2:09 on a push.

Race day arrived...
    donned my racing socks and booted up AC.
    only to find.... i hadnt saved my good setup.
    noooooo i screamed.
    threw together a quick setup.
    consisting of round tires and enough flammable juice to make it through the race.
    Quali time, car felt ok, ........... it wasnt.

Race started and i learned the round tires slipped more that expected.
    no matter, i was sliding around and oversteering everywhere. big smiles
    Even on the grass, hehehe . but man it was alot of fun.

Then as my tires wore out the handling came back to me. and started to do decent non-hooning laps.
    sadly left my team mate behind as i set off to get an extra position.
    too little too late.
    but great fun.
    Thank you all.

Karl Steeg
    Steeg AutoSport

See you all at the next one

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fabrizio Ferrante

Fabrizio Ferrante Pro Driver

It was a very fun and good race. Nice track and nice car.
    I started from 2nd position, but I was too shy at first corner so I lost two positions. After a long and nice fight with Kai I managed to pass him on the long straight. I had tried everywhere before, especially in the first corners, but Kai defended himself very well. Then I started push more and I closed a bit the gap with Henri, that after some laps had troubles. So I finished 2nd, a good result. Tim was simple too fast for me.

See you at the next one.

• Like Like x 2