Assetto Corsa Round 2 Road America - Mon Mar 15, 2021

Discussion in 'Lola T70 MarkII Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 30, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-1-30_14-6-11.png

Welcome to round 2 Donington 1938

The 1938 Donington Grand Prix was a Grand Prix motor race held on 22 October 1938 over 80 laps of the Donington Park circuit. The race was won by Tazio Nuvolari driving an Auto Union.

The race was organised by the Derby & District Motor Club and not by the Royal Automobile Club, and so is not generally accorded the title "British Grand Prix", notwithstanding that the race was run to the then-current international formula and attracted entries from the top teams, and that there were no other Grand Prix races organised that year in Great Britain.

The race was originally scheduled for the 1st of October, with the German Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union teams arriving a few weeks early to prepare, but due to the German invasion of Czechoslovakia, war seemed imminent, so the Germans made to leave, and the French entries seemed unlikely, so the decision was made to cancel the race. With the diplomatic crisis resolved by the Munich Agreement, the race was hastily rescheduled for the 22nd of October.

Donington Park 1938

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

upload_2021-3-6_13-12-39.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Both the tracks of the coming events in both the series I'm registered in want to kill my wheel unfortunately. I'm trying to find a dedicated setup.

4. John vd Geest

What's the problem you are experiencing with the wheel?

5. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hi John, some strong vibrations/stutterings in a lot of parts of the track, particularly in the downhill before the final hairpin. It's obviously related to the very old tarmac, but also due to the Lola herself, I experienced those problems in Sandervoorde too, and can happen from time to time in other tracks too although other cars don't do that. To me it's a combination of the car and some tracks, but mainly a problem related to the way the FFB is handled by the car. I've tried to lower the FFB "road effects" but it didn't improve things much. :/ I'll try to suppress those completely soon.

6. John vd Geest

Try this:
    On track, select the app "force feedback controller" and reduce the "curb" value setting until the vibration is not a problem anymore.

7. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

I had the same, couple of months ago with some 50s cars we ran. Braking downhill for the hairpin in particular wanted to break my wheel. That's a track mesh problem I think too. Reducing FFB from the game didn't help me. Eventually, we had to redo a bit of force feedback on the car mod itself to make it easier on the steering wheel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Exactly, I remember I had the same with the F1 '67 we ran there a few years ago. It's a track mesh issue. With a DD wheel the forces are way too high and nothing can really be done to fix it. I'll try it with the Lola but if it is as bad as I recall I think I will have to skip this one.

9. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Same for me. Perhaps the league should think twice before voting for a track. :rolleyes:

10. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Be prepared : I think it's even worse in that Lola.. o_O

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. John vd Geest

If this track prevents drivers from participating in this round because of wheel problems, then I suggest another track.
    Please vote agree or disagree.

If more than half the entry field on the signup list for this event vote for change, then we'll do it.

Road America

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I haven't tested it yet but I've done races with other cars without problems and like this track. However, if there are technical issues with other drivers, happy to change.
    Jos

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

I really like to drive here, no problems at all with GT Pro, may be you guys need to balance your front wheels...or do something with car setups.

14. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I tried with "curb", "road" and "slip" effects down to 0 all together and it changes nothing unfortunately.

15. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Not driven the track, not tried the mod, but if your ffb is going crazy on the straights, turn down the 'road effects' setting (under controllers > advanced on standard AC launcher.)
    I have it down at just 10%

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. John vd Geest

17. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

There isn't a single chance for at least 11 drivers to vote for/allow a track change in a very close time now. I'm going to unregister from this race.

Have fun all !

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

They have 2 weeks yet Maxime.
    I'm voting for a track change, I have no issues with the wheel here but I have to assume that people were voting for tracks while still having no idea what car was going to be used.
    This track is utterly unsuited to racing the CamAms on.

It's that or this just adds itself to Brexit and the 2016 US election as examples of why democracy doesn't' work :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

But the race is next monday isn't it ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Maybe - I barely know what day it is anymore!