rFactor 2 Round 2 Salzburgring

Discussion in 'USF2000 Championship Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Race 1 , Some things are better left unsaid so Ill stick to that.

Race 2 however, was the best race I have had in years..literally.:) After the start I settled in quite well, I knew I had no chance of catching Andrea or the 2nd place driver (who was that?:confused:)...Anyways before long I found myself in a Casanovas Spanish sandwich and that's when the real fun started, was tailing Jose for a while and then he got held up badly at the chicane which gave me a good run at him & I got through, a few moments later Sergio had a run on me & got through. Decided to just try & keep with Sergio, take my time & pull away from Jose by using the slipstream. Tailed Sergio for quite some time then made my move 1 lap before the end then, let Sergio through on the last lap at turn 4 I think, as I knew I would get the slipstream further down the road, didn't work though but it was close. Thanks Sergio for a great race, fair, aggressive & sensible.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sergio Casanovas

Sergio Casanovas Pro Driver Donator

Woau BIG SORRY PAULO LIMA, I didnt understud what happend to you and wy you react like this, after watching race 2 I understood every thing, BIG APOLIGISE becouse I didnt saw you, its 5 years that I dont race in simracing and im adapting to the perspective and all, Bealive me PAULO I dint saw you and I dint felt nothing in the car bcouse it was when i was starting to brake..., and is a bummer bcouse we were going throu a bad qualy together in the pack, Im sorry, so I will acept any thing that the marshals here decide.
    Yes Bret was a very good race, for me bouth, but the second better, thnx man for a good race, hope to repite.
    Thnx all and see u next one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Race 1. Have no pace but some stable lap times and high downforce put me in top 10. It was great fun for me. :)
    Race 2. Never expected Green Track in Qual and crashed. Last on grid. Lap 1 was ok, made some places but on second lap.. On lap 2 I run over debris in middle of back strait and hit car that start to move across track after spin. :(

• Like Like x 4
  6. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I viewed my own replay of the first race and it looks like I screwed up badly. I drifted to the right and clipped the back end of one car, sending it into the wall and collecting another car. Then in the chicane I hit someone else. I'm not sure who the drivers affected were,(I can't figure out how to change views from my own in replay), but my apologies. My main intent in a race is to not affect anyone else's race and I failed in this case. :(
    That being said, it seems to me there is an abundance of over-aggressive driving at the start of these races. It was the same at Laguna Seca. No other series at SRO that I've run in seem to have this problem. And this is the first time I've seen drivers openly arguing in chat, cussing at each other, name-calling. It's over the top and unnecessary in my opinion.
    Once again, my apologies for my crappy driving.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Let´s give that mess a headline or a hashtag #TooManyHirnis (Hirni is a german word which maybe Stefan came up with or one of these other bloody germans expect of me :) . Its not easy to translate Hirni. Maybe muppet, duffer or berk fits but it means not idiot that would be way too harsh. Therefore I think I can use that word)

For the rest I almost agree with Bret but one thing has to be said. The guy with the engine blow up who came across the road and took Bret out and nearly me... Come one that should not happen. (edit. After reviewing the scene, I think it was no bad bahaviour)
    But thats it here you can view it by yourself with some other low and highlights.

Oh and not to forget, thanks Rob, Alexandr and Klaus for giving me enough room to pass you on the straight. Much appreciated but thats enough racing for me this year, hopefully see you next year ;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

That guy has a name...
    Do you have a problem?
    Do you think i did it on porpose?
    Write/make a protest..

9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

A nice job on the video as usual Phillip :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Well I didn´t wanted to blame anybody personally or probably the wrong guy as I wasn´t sure who was the driver with the blown engine. If that offend you, I´m sorry.
    But purpose or not you took Bret out, I got away with it so I don´t think its up to me to write protest.
    If Bret didn´t not want to protest you may got away with it too.

Apart from that if you think that you did nothing wrong thats fine for me. Hopefully something like that will not happen again ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

It was me.. and i didn't did it on porpose
    Engine blow
    Went to grass, and lost control

12. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

Just 2 things I've noticed during race 1.

1 - Chatting during the race:

<Chat et="499.6">Roel Postma: im out</Chat>
    <Chat et="511.7">Roel Postma: i will report this</Chat>

Rule 3.3 states:
    Text and Voice chat

Text chat
    No text chat whatsoever is allowed during the Race and Qualifying sessions.
    Chat during Practice and Warmup sessions is allowed, but please keep it related to the event itself.

Normally this results in rule 1.1:

· Text Chat in race or Qualifying = Drive-through, Disqualification.

I don't want to protest officially, I'm just pointing out that the above mentioned chat messages are annoying and distracting;
    they should be avoided at all times.

2 - I've driven at many leagues, but nowhere is it possible to rejoin during a race; they're always closed sessions: (as well as qualifying)

<Chat et="1120.0">" Gerhard Hofmann" Has Rejoined The Race</Chat>

Again an unnecessary chat message.
    Can admins please change to closed sessions? Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  13. Ken Jagger

Your first observation is correct in that there should be NO CHAT in Qual or Race Sessions.
    Your second observation is incorrect in that at SRO we allow rejoins in rF2 races. This functionality built into the Sim only allows it when a network disconnect causes it in the first place. You cannot rejoin if you ESC from the race e.g. because you take lots of damage or something similar. The message is system generated, not by a user.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

I will be raising a protest...Have a nice day

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Pro Driver

Yep, but i dont think that Paulo should use that "kind words" to other driver that have made some mistakes. I dont wanna see that on a chat of a serious racers league...

Appart from that i made several mistakes and hit someones (one spin out and 2 or 3 crashed with me and other time i tried to appart to let pass the faster driver and i misunderstood his movement...)....i am sorry it was not on purpose and i hope it was not severe consecuences to them, really.

Nice to racing with you all. see you next. Cheers guys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

17. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Yet i've seen that. You sustain damage, kill the connection, and rejoin. It's better than going to pits for repair.
    Rejoin should only be active in longer races.
    My opinion.. no one asked, but i gave it anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ken Jagger

The Sim gives you a 1 lap penalty if you Rejoin, plus you lose the time it takes to rejoin, so it doesn't give any advantages for doing it purposely.

SimRacingOnline exists to provide a free online racing system for enthusiasts who share our common passion. We do not think it is fair to prevent that when an option to rejoin is available.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Before admin's decisions, and out of respect for all the participants and for my peace of mind:

@all
    My apologies for my bad language.

@Sergio Casanovas
    Specially you. My apologies for my bad language.
    It's no excuse, but I lost it.
    I lost it, because you apologized (and I accepted) for the incident in the first race.
    And when I confronted you with the second, you fail do the same when the incident was way worst (in my opinion).
    I jumped the conclusion, and thought you did it on porpose.
    You said you didn't, and it's all fine.
    I won't make any report, but I will (as you will undertand) want to look at the replay so i can take my own conclusions.

@Bret Metcalf
    Sorry for the accident.

@Philipp Pichler
    Sorry about the agresive tone in which i "spoke" to you.

And I think that's alll

oh..

Sorry to the "owner"/responsable for this series.
    It won't happen again

Merry christmas to all
    Paulo Lima

• Like Like x 5
  20. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Yes I know.
    That's a way to put it.
    And I agree to some extend.
    Still, bear in mind that what I described does happen (regardless the 1 lap penalty).
    Happens, because some times it's better.

On the other hand, i agree with you: we can't have the just paying for the unjust.

Regards
    Paulo

• Like Like x 1