rFactor 1 Round 2 Sebring 70

Discussion in 'Man vs Track Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Ulaş Güngör

Ulaş Güngör Pro Driver

Hi Ken, I have not seen any car selection thread, so can we choose any car we want?

3. Ken Jagger

If you mean the car skin, then yes they are free choice, although most teams use the same skin for all members.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Villiers

Paul Villiers Pro Driver

Hi Ken,
    I cant seem to be able to join the server. I can see it ok .
    can i get a PM if need be with the relevant passwords please.

5. Ken Jagger

You cant join it with the Practice pwd, or you don't know what the pwd is?

All pwd's for SRO races are shown on the event page, but you will only see the race pwd if you are registered for the race. We typically set the race pwd's a couple of hours max before the race.

6. Paul Villiers

Paul Villiers Pro Driver

I have been trying what i think is the practice password. I belive its the same as the official UKGPL one?
    the race password when posted I shall now know where to look. Thanks. Where do i find the correct practice passwords.

7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

8. Paul Villiers

Paul Villiers Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

:D Where did that idea come from Paul?

10. Paul Villiers

Paul Villiers Pro Driver

Ken, same place most of my ideas come from... god knows where. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

A reminder to everyone to respect the track limits, especially in sector 1 where you should not go outside the yellow cones on the outside of Turns 1/2. Excessive abuse of track limits may receive a post race penalty.

12. Ken Jagger

I'm puzzled to see max speeds of 300-305 kph om Livetiming when the most I can get is 287 kph, irrespective of gearing, wing (lowest) or tyre pressures o_O.

The rev counter seems to stick when reaching 287kph/177mph, which is quite a bit below the red-line. The other gears allow reaching the red-line no problem :confused:

EDIT
    DOH!! :oops: Turning off the pit lane speed limiter helps with this :D:rolleyes:

I wondered why I was so slow in a straight line at Sachsenring :mad:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Paul Villiers

Paul Villiers Pro Driver

Hi All,

Thanks for making me feel really welcome on the server tonight. I was having a load of fun, but I was struggling also with top speed, but mainly my setup wasnt so good. Im new to online racing with Rfactor and will need a bit more practice. even after a short while racing I had dreadful understeer. It was getting worse and the only thing i seemed to be improving upon was my ability to crash.. LOL.
    See you guys next time.:)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

damn im stupid...hotlapping 10mins to go and in lead and hit tyre..wanted to change it so pit was planned. didnt see box cause i missed entry so cut in, sorry :D

Q was great but top speed only 286km/h and same setup in race hit 300km/h so weird stuff.

R Poor start and 1 got by and T1 someone had little agressive entry so gave space and i was 3rd. Then there was a little mess and someone spun in front so hit that and was 7th.
    Anyhow wanted to give some racing and get some myself so started to move up the ladder.
    @Scott Ring great stuff. One corner entry missed little or Scott brake early so went wide and spun so got hit again. My bad for spinning lol.
    Eventually catch Scotty again and we met at hairpin and got by finally but it was long battle.
    Then flatout and started to gain on leaders. Cap was 30seconds at worst and got it to 8 seconds to P1 and 5 seconds to P2 and then there was hassle upfront so lead was mine and pulled away towards the sunset, in my dreams, BUUUUUUUT i wanted to hit 22's so hit those stupid tyres in esses...

nevertheless fun stuff and love these things that just drive and dont worry. Oh and i hit that concrete thingy after pit entry on left side once and spun like a helicopter but landed nose to right direction :D

cheers o/

:edit:
    Reading @Ken Jagger I might have qualified with limiter on lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Toni you kept disappearing on the scoreboard but thankfully no problems when we were close. Thought you had damage until you got by and kicked in the afterburners!! Yes Toni your Q speed was pit limit speed...o_O

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

Something very odd happened to me tonight, but I may have experienced it once or twice before with rF1 over the years. As soon as we took off from the grid and started taking corners, I knew something was wrong. Compared with practice and Qualifying, the car felt totally unstable, unbalanced and lacking in grip, even after a couple of laps once the tyres reached normal operating temps. I was having to fight it rather than drive it and was on the losing side all the way, such that after so many slides/spins I had to pull over and give up :(.
    Hopefully you guys didn't mind me sitting it out in a safe place on the pit straight so I could at least cross the line at the end and avoid a DNF.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andre Lagunzad

Andre Lagunzad Pro Driver

maybe default setup had been loaded?

18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Yes noticed that but had no lag and it was all fine. And had damage but didnt have effect on pace i think. Its just that passing is hard since everyone goes fast on straights so basically when got it done, you had little slip on exit from esses. You can allways pass earlier too but it would be too rude to just bomb, slam doors and goodbye. Rather do proper pass. Looks cooler on video :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

It felt a bit like that Andre, but I hadn't left the server between Q & R.