Assetto Corsa Round 2 Sebring

Discussion in 'Florida Winter Series Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Ken Jagger

We had three members who failed to turn up for the first race at Palm Beach and we currently have two Red Light members who have registered for this Sebring race. If anybody who is currently registered but will not be attending this race, please unregister so that these two members can join the event.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver Donator

Hi Ken, how will we look at the white lines in this race? (Turn 16 for example) Will we just trust AC's track limits or have you hired Michael Masi to control every driver? :D

4. Ken Jagger

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kiril Kirilov

I know the rule, but I imagine it would be very difficult to enforce it. I can't imagine you watching all the replays after the race and imposing penalties. It's very difficult on this track, especially with the lines also in the last and first corner...

6. Ken Jagger

Kiril with your pace I don't think you need to worry about what may happen behind you :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Kiril Kirilov

I just have a strong sense of equal treatment :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

Taking Kiril's comment about T16 cutting seriously, the race replay will be randomly checked for excessive cutting or off-course excursions and penalties may apply if track limit's are seen to be abused in an unfair manner. This procedure does not replace any of our existing rules but will work in tandem with them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

We still have three Red Light members wanting to race today, so please unregister or post here if you can't make it.

10. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Ken, our teammember Michael has choosen the Benetton livery for R1. Will Klaus and me have automatically the same when racing for ACD? Hope so, NP if not. :)

11. Ken Jagger

Not until I assign it to you both in the server config files, but its' too late to do it for this race. I can do it for Round 3 onwards if you continue with the series?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

The server is not full :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats to winner, podium and last but not least finishers.

First race of the season I took meds and changed tires. I noticed everyone at their pit stop didn't change tires. I said, Hmmm, ok. So I came into this race. I started in meds and decided I wouldn't change tires. So their I am driving and notice 95% are on hards. Right their I knew it. "It was at this very moment he knew he f@#$%@. #%" :mad:

Fun none the less.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

please yes and thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

One of my worst Races! I would like to apologize for the 1st lap incident. I did not realize I was the one who cause it, until i went back and reviewed it. I deserve all the bad shxt that happened to me following that, except maybe being driven off at turn one with only a couple of laps to go. I know the person, who did it, knows who i am talking about. lol
    Once again I am very sorry for anybody's race that was ruined by my bad move in turn 3 lap 1! :(

Attached Files:

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Well 2nd race in AC for me and that didn't go to plan, what a mess i made of that, I was doing well in p3, pace felt good and tyres were holding ok, then a quick glitch in my VR head set and off i went, then I got back on track and a load more laps then span on the last turn (my fault) so decided to go in the pits for the extra fuel i needed and some tyres,( wrong tyres were set on the strategy) :mad:so had to make do . then i managed to spin again at the end fighting with Ken i think, but a good battle.
    Fun race but I really need to get a handle on AC ( mostly drive PCars 2 )
    My report is Tries hard but must do better:(
    Congrats to the podium guys, good racing.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

The goal for the season, which I set for myself after the first round, was achieved surprisingly quickly.
    Flawless race!
    Qualifying: I rode on medium tires because I needed stability, on soft tires I was dangerous for myself. P3 is ok.
    Race: The plan was simple - make no mistakes. Slowly, steadily to the finish line. This time, the others had adventures, and I was the one who took advantage of it. Luck was good.
    The next race could do with a pace closer to Kiril and Phil.
    Thank you for the race and see you next time.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Congrats on the win. Well deserved.
    I agree on the slow part for the first few laps. I was surprised that I could keep up with you quite well at the beginning. That was nice while it lasted, but of course, that was not representative. Impressive what you three can squeeze out of the car.

After that, my race was a bit tough. Possibly also triggered by faster cars like Kiril and Julian approaching from behind. That meant there was never any real rhythm. Nevertheless, it was ok but a pity that I lost the connection to @Franz Herbert Mann

That was a little too close for comfort for my liking. Probably I should have gone around the outside. However difficult to estimate what a stationary car does other than standing still.

In the end, my fuel consumption was more efficient than expected, although I hadn't saved. When you come into the pits as the last car from the leading group, two laps before the end, you naturally think about what could have been.

Anyway, let's see what St. Pete brings.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Yeh that was close Phillip:eek:, sorry I should have stayed stationary but I thought you were going round the outside of me, My mistake and my apologies:oops: to you, always difficult in the heat of racing and I thought considering I span I might as well take a pit stop while I was there and duck in to the pits,
    I've given myself 50 lashes for my poor performance :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Kiril Kirilov

Quali: was good, although I lost about half a second in the last sector.
    Race: I don't really know what I did or clicked in the beginning... but you were on the grid and I was in the pits. At least I had an exciting race starting from the pits and finished 1.5s behind P1 at the end. A good damage limitation I would say :D
    Well done @Michał Mazurek on the win.
    See you guys in the next round ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1