rFactor 2 Round 2 Shanghai (China) International Circuit - Sun Apr 18, 2021

Discussion in 'Super GT500 & S397 GT3 Asian Region Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

supergt banner.jpg

Welcome to Round 2 Shanghai (China) International Circuit

Shanghai International Circuit is a no-expense-spared facility, conceived by the Shanghai authorities as a way to showcase the city to the world. A 5.3 sq km site was chosen in the Jiading District in the north west of the city, close to major car parts manufacturing facilities and a budget of 2.6 billion yuan ($450 million) raised through a government-funded joint-venture company, the Shanghai Jiushi Group.

Herman Tilke was chosen to design the track and associated buildings, and between April and May 2003, engineers visited the site to draw up their plans. The site was actually a swampland, previously used as rice paddy fields, and extensive groundworks had to be completed to construct the circuit. For 18 months some 3,000 workers were on site daily to complete the facility – a remarkable feat of both engineering and logistics.

When it opened, visitors found a vast complex, dominated by the main grandstand and pit complex, which featured wing-like viewing platforms crossing the circuit at either end. This can hold 30,000 spectators alone, and others around the circuit take the total capacity to 200,000. Paddock facilities were also unique – each of the F1 teams had its own building, arranged like pavilions in a lake to resemble the ancient Yu Garden in Shanghai.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. John vd Geest

I have given myself a drive-through penalty for crashing Peter Williamson.
    Peter was beside me on the right when I moved over to do my pitstop. Unfortunately, I hadn't cleared him enough and clipped his front bumper, which made him crash.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  3. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I can no longer get these tracks to load, I got the file from another race but it's not in the selection screen. What folder does one put this in and how do you get it to load?
    edit: I figured it out, they hid the 'content' all the way to the right. I hate that everything is in a new place on the update.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Glad you got it sorted Darrel :)

5. John vd Geest

upload_2021-4-10_8-24-22.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Hey John and Darrel, When I try to get onto the server, theirs an error. I've downloaded the track and added it to my steam folder under locations. Did you guys get this as well? Hmmm.

Edit It worked after multiple times of trying.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

Try this, start rF2, on the main screen, on the far right is 'CONTENT', open that then find packages, scroll down and you may see that the 'RFChina" track package is not installed, click 'install'. Woops, just finished reading the post, guess you got it, the server will auto load them too I think.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Johnny Gutierrez

Thanks Darrell. This is still good to know for others and myself.

9. Johnny Gutierrez

I noticed there's some red lighted in the GT3 class. Come join in on the GT500 class. Their not that much faster than the GT3 and you'll still have fun. The more, the merrier and do what I do. Actually, I really don't know what I'm doing = fun!

10. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

Still recovering from a 8hr race yesterday not going to make tonight guys, good luck.

11. Tom Parton

Tom Parton Pro Driver

Likewise from me, can't feel my shoulders :eek:

12. Andrea Ricci

Andrea Ricci Pro Driver

a shame guys ... I think I won't run here anymore!
    @Alex Moore What the hell did you think you were doing, I've never seen such a thing in all the years that I run!
    how can I have a quiet race and have fun if I am thrown out every time by people who are not careful! it doesn't take long to run more carefully ... we are not children!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Sorry again for not being able to join and not unregistering on time.
    Jos

14. John vd Geest

There are 2,235 members at SRO, and you won't run here anymore because of 1 guy?
    If he did something against the rules, protest him and if you're right, there will be consequences.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Johnny Gutierrez

Stick around Andrea. Your a good driver. I've come in contact with you in the past coughmyfaultcough and others have come in contact with me. It's the way it is. Stay, steer away from the bad drivers and have fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Tough race for me. I totally forgot i had a race today so preparations were kinda minimum :D
    I found good pace eventually with meds but tactics were wrong and had surplus of fuel in the end. Guess meds longer and then soft for finishing was way to go.
    Early race was fun with some other drivers out there.
    I punt 1 ferrari and took drive through but it didnt change the outcome.
    Gz winners!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

@Andrea Ricci omg check todays F1! i think we still drive better :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Johnny Gutierrez

Congrats to GT3 Joe Brown. Congrats to podiums and all racers. It was a tough track.

RF2 crashed right before the end of practice. Decided to reboot the computer. Quali went good. When the formation lap started, I started having car issues. Steering wheel had no feel. It was dead. During formation lap, I had to go off course onto the grass and apexes to make sure I wasn't imagining the problem. Then the steering wheel didn't want to center. If I turned left, it would start spinning left. If I went right, the wheel would totally go right. Center of steering didn't exist anymore. I struggled. Sorry to the GT3 class. It was hard passing you guys, at the same time trying to understand the inputs my steering was and wasn't giving me. On another note, is it ok to assume Neil Wood went full tank and didn't pit? Hats off to you. If so, you have bigger ba#@ than I do.

Otherwise, good racing all. Had fun.

Johnny

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1