Project Cars 2 Round 2 Snetterton 200

Discussion in 'Ginetta G40 GT5 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The server will be online approximately 2 hrs before Qualifying starts.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I've been disconnected from the server and can't find it.
    Is it still running?

3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sry I had to miss this one ;-( ..

4. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Sad race for me, pace was ok, but after a heavy contact my car was destroyed and 3 sec slower.
    Another great show from Björn, who takes once more the win. Wd mate!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Good morning all
    I thank you all for yesterday´s race it was for me the most awesome ever in my simracing history.:D

It was intense for the all 45 min, it was with mixed emotion I put my car on pole :rolleyes: happy/nervous.

Did a ok start and got some little gap to Gerhard but he close it down in a couple off laps , so pressure
    direct, not sure what happend then , but I could see Jos coming on hard and after some time we had a great dogfight for aprox
    20-30 min ev he passed me when I try to defend and missed in second chikane. Then I try to hang on to him like a "Pxxx in the Axx";)
    ev he also missed a chikane exit and we bumped side by side :oops: sorry but that Jos, I kind of felt that I had the tarmac and was to close to
    do anything else I think you would have done the same. It was a wasted grand dad that stumble in to the shower ,all soaked in sweat :D:D:D
    It was a pitty to hear that Gerhard didn´t have the same experience:(

So Congrats to Jos and Brian
    And thank you admins for all the fun you create for us :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Very intense and fun race yesterday.
    First of all, congrats to @Björn Johansson for a great win. Totally deserved.
    Yet again, I came into the practice session with 1sec missing from Bjorn's best time but manage to find a few tweaks in the setup that balanced the car and got me down 0.055 secs from Bjorn best time ending practice on the top spot. That was good momentum again for qualy.
    I spoiled my fastest lap (and @Ken Jagger's, sorry for that) as I had caught on with him and thought he had seen my car on his mirrors before attempting the overtake. Thus, I started in P4 and having a lot of work to do on the race... I was still confident as practice times suggested I had the pace to pursue Bjorn if I could overtake Gerhard and Brian in good time.
    The beginning of the race was hectic and there were no signs that overtaking was going to be easy but, after a few laps, I had managed to consolidate 2nd position in the chase for Bjorn. My pace was good although I was struggling (braking too late) on the first hairpin/chicane... Overtaking Bjorn wasn't an easy task. Congratulations on his solid and fast driving, but a mistake was made and I was there to capitalise on my gains...
    I tried to push and shake him off to no avail. He was there for good. But overtaking wasn't easy with our similar pace. I just had to make no mistakes... And then, I suddenly lost it on the last turn... :mad: How frustrating. Bjorn overtook and there was only a few minutes left for a gigantic task of regaining the position. I made almost the same mistake in the next lap when pressing hard on Bjorn and off he went a couple of secs ahead...
    That was it, massive frustration with myself and shifting focus from this race to my two races with the DTMs at Nogaro that I was starting immediately after the end of this race. Sorry for that awful meltdown at the end of the race. It deserved a close racing to the end, but I was already overheating and had still a long day of racing at Nogaro... :D
    BTW, I finished on P2 in the three races yesterday! It must have been fated! Congrats to Bjorn again. Amazing competitive drive.
    Thanks to Ken for putting this together.
    See you at Brands Hatch Indy!
    As always, video of the race from my angle:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

I've to quit as my wheel keeps disconnecting after a few seconds :(:(:(, try to exit and rejoin but no success, I don't know what happened it was working during practice.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Björn Johansson

Thank you for the video Jos just love them.
    And so impressed by you guys always so quick after a couple off laps/no practice "talent"

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Interesting to see that you actually redlined in 6th on the back straight, when I never did still having maybe 2-300 revs to go. I didn't detect a lot of draft effect, so I'm wondering what your final drive and 6th gear ratios were Jos? There's not a lot of variation in the gearing for these cars. :confused:

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi Ken, sorry for the delay. This is what I had on my setup... It could be that speed exit after the hairpin/chicane accounts for the revving at the end of the straight...
    upload_2021-1-23_8-6-25.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. Björn Johansson

I got the same, think its standard set up

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

Thanks Jos I suspected those settings would be the case. From the replay I watched a couple of laps and you seemed to be changing up to 3rd gear at the same point on the exit as I was, so I would've expected the speed to therefore be the same. Maybe it was just a foible of the replay.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Sorry, Ken. Hadn't seen this. I believe pCARS2's replays are not completely trustworthy, particularly in the revs' (& sound) department... Watching yesterday's replay for Brands Hatch, I believed cars were reving far more on the replay than during the race...

14. Ken Jagger

Yes I saw that too! Definitely a replay thing then.