rFactor 2 Round 2 Spa

Discussion in 'World Series Formula V8 3.5 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

[​IMG]
    I think Caitlin is using a Jet engine in this race:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Shucks. You sussed my secret tactic. XD

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Still have these strange lags even beeing alone on the server, maybe it is mod related because I don´t have with the USF2000 or the Clio, or any other mod before.
    I think it is wiser to unregister untill I resolved that.

5. Ken Jagger

You're not alone Philipp. I'm still having freezes across most sims, even on my new PC. It's very disconcerting. :confused:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sorry I missed this round, I got the time wrong :oops:

7. Caitlin Penny

Hi guys. So... I messed up.

Qualifying: That went ok. P3. I couldn't really have done much better. Toni and Paulo were just too quick.

Race: This was bad right from the off. I made a mistake and lost third on the opening lap, then when trying to overtake 3rd again I didn't see that I wasn't going to stop in time to avoid 2nd until it was too late and I plowed straight into @Toni Talvitie . Really sorry dude. My fault entirely, and I gave myself a drive-through for it.
    After this, I had another incident when I lost control whilst trying to pass Ed Jones, and I took him off too. I think someone else got involved on top of that. I'm so sorry for this as well.
    To add insult to injury, my freezing problem continued. I'm really baffled by this, as I followed Henri Miettinen's advice for making it run smoother and if anything it was worse this time. Even more baffling is the fact that this only happens to me in this league and not in others. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. Whatever the case, I ended up taking off @Ken Jagger because of my freezing. I'm so sorry you got involved in this.
    From this point on, I knew it was dangerous for me to continue racing other cars so I decided to pit to repair the damage, go back out and stay out of everyone's way.
    Unfortunately I crashed again and had to do the rest of the race with heavy damage.
    To be honest, I think I'm just awful at Spa. Every time I race at Spa in any league, I drive like an idiot.

I'm so sorry for all the races I ruined today. I will try my utmost to stop this from happening again. If it makes you guys feel any better, I won't be able to make next round anyway since I'll be on holiday. Enjoy the Nurburgring guys. Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

@Caitlin Penny No worries, I fought back and actually had a fun race chasing people and trying to find overtake. 2nd was maximum, got 3rd spot so not all that bad :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

From the start of the race it seemed that I had no luck at all today. From getting hit and turned around on the exit of T1, to being the unlucky partner in Caitlin's mid-race GFX freeze, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for me. I also didn't appreciate, or had forgotten, that the pit-stop repair options for these cars only allow for body damage and not mechanical repairs.
    After my 1st repair stop, the steering was still unfixed, but I didn't realise this until going through Eau Rouge and losing the car at high speed, damaging it even further. With steering 45 degrees off-centre, there was no point in continuing when I was already almost 2 laps down. :(

From my perspective there was too much aggressive driving early in the race. It seems some people can't play the long game and attempt moves which will only lead to disaster for everyone involved.

FR35 Spa.jpg FR35 Spa 2.jpg FR35 Spa 3.jpg FR35 Spa 4.jpg FR35 Spa 5.jpg

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Caitlin Penny

Sorry Ken :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

For once, and contrary to others, I had quite a lucky race. I won't complain.

Q: Made 10th with race setup. Surprised to see me there, I thought I would be at least 1 second off from every one.
    R: My setup was far better than at Silverstone, but still not fast enough.
    Avoided two accidents at La Source (T1) at the start and at the end of 1st lap and found myself in 2nd place at that point o_O
    I made a slight mistake at Brussels a couple laps later (my car turning too much there) and lost two places in the process. Another couple laps and Paul Anstey got past me, and later on Toni Talvitie did the same after a nice battle together.
    After that, I saw I was faster than my next follower so I stopped pushing to preserve result.
    6th in the end, I wouldn't have believed it possible at the start, so more than happy with this.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Konstantin Bach

Konstantin Bach Pro Driver

In the first corner I got a hit in the stern of the car. Turned around and kicked off the track. It turned out to be the last. The whole race was driving with mechanical damage (steering wheel 15 degrees to the right)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joey Smith

Joey Smith Pro Driver

Can you folks with the freezes post some specs? Maybe some screen shots of your options screen in game?

It has to be a system config issue or setting somewhere. My lowly system is trouble free but it's lean. No needed services, startups or background tasks, no eye candy or anything that would rob resources.

14. Joey Smith

Joey Smith Pro Driver

This sim needs some more serious, realistic, terminal damage. I saw a few things that people got away with. I think I may have finished 7th or possibly 6th if cars didn't withstand unrealistic shunts.

@Ken Jagger iracing syndrome is what you describe.

15. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With a GEForce GTX 1070 8Go vRAM.
    I think the big issue you all have is related to vRAM more than anything else.

16. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

It's about time we have a F1 Series after this.
    What do you say?
    We have some great mods, like FSr 2019, and some good tracks to go with it.

Ahh
    Don't forget the dx11 menu before running single or multiplayer.
    You might want to lower some post-effects or Anti-Aliasing

Cheers all

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ken Jagger

I'm glad I never bothered with it then. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ken Jagger

I never had any problems of this sort in any Sim, even running at very high GFX levels, on my old pc (i5-4670 + GTX770). It seemed to start late last year after upgrading to an RTX2070 and 2k monitor, although strangely not for a couple of months after installing them. I tried putting a GTX770 back in and the problem continued, but then a HDD problem raised its head, so I thought that was it.
    I wasn't far off thinking about a new pc anyway so I sold the RTX2070 after 3 months and decided to go the new pc route and now have an i7-9700 + RTX2070. But guess what, the GFX freeze problems continue to this day??? I did have an audio problem with the new motherboard, which again thought might have been the causal problem, but had that replaced under warranty. The audio issue disappeared but the freezes didn't.
    They also happen in any racing sim, online or offline, including rF1 and AMS which are pretty old now, so its very weird. I've tried lots of settings options but nothings worked so far.

I did see a post once which suggested early RTX2070's had memory chip problems, but I haven't been able to verify that.

19. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

I think the issue comes from the background tasks, updates..
    You Tube help me to limit them, no problem at full graphics
    FX6300 & GTX 770 4gb

20. Ken Jagger

If only it was that simple.