Round 2 Sugo

Discussion in 'F3 International Open Japan Closed' started by Murat Ozsarac, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Murat Ozsarac

Murat Ozsarac Pro Driver

Can we use the chicane layout please? That is a superb technical chicane with 3 apexes and will surely provide overtaking opportunuties.

It' Sugo Super Racing Weekend in the list.

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Your wish is (sometimes ;)) my command!

3. Cesare Pomarici

Cesare Pomarici Pro Driver

The big curve is beautiful and difficult

4. Jari Bruppacher

Jari Bruppacher Pro Driver Donator

How in the world would anyone want to use the layout with the chicane? The original track version is fantastic. That high speed corner is one of the best corners in all of racing in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

I probably prefer the no=chicane version in reality, but I thought it might be an interesting idea to try it with the chicane. Racing life would be a bit boring if we just ran the typical track layouts used umpteen times before. I lost 2nd place at this turn late in the race, more because of the sticky grass than anything else, but I'm not complaining.
    If guys want high-speed corners to challenge then make sure you are entered for this https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/430 They don't come any more tougher than that, especially in the draft! :)

6. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Ken I had to go and see how fast you caught me in collision corner; Initial turn-in on your fast lap (L16) was 90 mph, and when behind me it was 100 mph! WOW you had a head of steam! no wonder:eek:

7. Ken Jagger

There was only 1 more chance to get you! It didn't seem that quick and the car turned in well enough. Maybe I was lucky you were there in front of me Scott ;)

8. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Ahah, I can understand why it surprised both of us! Exciting last laps. :D

9. Ken Jagger

Just shows how replays can be contradictory in some ways. I too was interested to see what the differential was and on the lap before, L28, you were at 74mph on the initial entry and I was 82mph. On L29 you were 74 again and I was 88mph. :) So still below my fastest lap speed it seems.
    Whatever I did the honourable thing :cool:

We'll have to stop meeting in public like this!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

yeah I just was looking at the last curb on the right on the straight as a turn in reference point