Automobilista Round 2 Surfers Paradise

Discussion in 'Porsche 911 RSR Historic Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Lost my head at the start and span a number of times during the opening laps. Sorry to Ken for getting caught in one of these spins. Began to settle in to some sort of rhythm but it was all too late to catch up with Ken. Due to whatever happened to Philipp I manage to bring the car home in 3rd. Such a shame there's no interest in this series. I will try to stick with and see out the end of the series but I don't find much enjoyment racing in such a small field. Real shame as the cars are great.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Seeing as Flaviu pretty much pleaded guilty without being charged :eek: I'm strongly tempted to take some kind of action in response to his massive chicane cutting, by driving through the visible but not solid tyre bails! I didn't realise they weren't solid until well into the race, which then explained why he had been so quick in Qual!
    Having reviewed the replay and seen how the rest of us had driven those chicanes, other than the odd unintentional cut from us, I've decided to limit his penalty this time ONLY to an official warning. This is because his normal track behaviour is and has always been in my view, very hard but fair and well within rules. This also follows the SRO decision made some time ago, to issue an initial warning for a first time offence, rather than a stiffer penalty, which would give the transgressing member the opportunity to clean up his act in future races.

4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I had one spin early which brought Ken up to P2 and the I had a lag middle in the braking zone. And I reacted not adequat with pressing the brake pedal even harder, because that had the consequence to lock up and spinning into the wall. With a flatspot and the damage the car was not driveable to continue, so I had to pit.
    I agree with you that it is a shame, seems that automobilista is not that popular, for example Jari said to me, he donĀ“t likes the sim. On the other hand, as long as there are minimum five drivers it is still fun to race, but you are right, the more the merrier.

Oh I thought he was refering to the exit of the first chicane, because the game did not penalised you, when you drove over the yellow line. And from my point of view, everybody exceeded the track limits there from time to time. But I watched it by myself and you are right.

It is not my aim to criticises your reasonable decision but if you remind my pre race comment that I missed the high curbs from Enna Pergusa (the "anti cut" tyres there were also a joke because they did not prevent anything, at least the penalty system was more strict), because it was really difficult to find the limit. And a track with anti cuts just as decoration is not a good one.
    Which does not mean that this disqualifies it from being a track here but it is not ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hi guys,
    I'm really sorry for that. Only I can say it is from inside the car it wasn't so bad as in replay.
    Before race, I cut in purpose the second chicane to see how hard I hit the pole. To my surprise I didn't hit anything but I get an "Track cutting" message. After that, as long I don't receive this message on the others corners, I thought I was OK.
    Because of busy week, I didn't have time to practice, so I didn't try the other corners. Still remembering the track from some beautiful races in rFactor GT3 I did not think this is important. My mistake.
    After race seeing the replay .... :eek: And you know, it is hard to say I'm not so fast, I'm a cheater :( (I always try to be fair, I don't succeed every time)
    Sorry again. I assume my warning.

• Like Like x 1