Assetto Corsa Comp Round 2 Suzuka

Discussion in '2017 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

P CUP R2.jpg
    Registration
    Round 2 takes us to the land of the rising sun!
    Standings after round 1
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.11.07 - 22.04.28.02.png
    Remember points available for fastest laps in Q and Race!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

3. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Wife's birthday today so not sure I will be able to swing turning up for this one. I will see what I can get away with. ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Dude ...!! You're playing with fire! Wifes don't have any empathy with sim-racing haha.
    She'll be on the phone with her lawyer while you're racing!

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I was trying yesterday on the online server, to setup the car.. I dont know what to do, with full tank it seems stable but with an empty one my rear end getting too light..
    Many spins and errors, pace is awful.. Somehow i managed to do a 2:06.8 with 80 liters fuel but i am far away yet.. we will see...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

well i was about to quit before it starts but then..as watching whole years performance..realized i been sucking whole year so figured whats one more bad race.
    maybe just take it as practice and finish it for once ( boolean getDrinks(true) );

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Hahah, well I suck every race but still have fun .. This car is a beast, when looking it up online & searching for set up help I read its NOT a GT3, Porsche gives it the name caz that's what they do lol & kunos obliges , its in its own class "CUP" & does not use TC & has very little downforce it also needs a lot of camber & wing accordingly .. The front end is very light and it has alot of understeer by default because of this , balance is the key to being fast in this beast .or so I'm told lol as I'm not fast at all in it hahah ..

8. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Am struggling to convince myself to turn up... Have driven Kylami so much and love it, but suzuka? barely and have never got on well in any sim. And the car....
    Got on the sever last night and seemed to get a time out that i was happy with but still have no clue how to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

well, i drove my fastest at 30minutes and then i quit. so take it as 30 min stint and praccy.
    this game is very frustrating for race since i dont even dare to turn the car to the corner 'cause dont know when it flips over. acc noob.
    beer helped today but then it started to go too much into head so quit before crash.
    cheers all

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

No Idea how that worked out today but my pace was pretty stable - slow ;) - and still managed to be in 6th place.
    Seems whenever I do some races after each other I do less mistakes on whatever track, which indeed is helpful if your pace is not that strong ;)
    Just had two short offtracks in the whole 60min race, but indeed not any collision with the wall, which is not that easy with that car at suzuka!
    cya next time.
    btw. I had a nice battle with someone, the whole way from the hairpin down to spoon2 and all the way head to head, was really intense though!

• Like Like x 2