rFactor 2 Round 2 Suzuka

Discussion in 'Super Formula Japan Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Andy Tomlinson

Andy Tomlinson Pro Driver

Thanks, but there is a booboo with the settings.
    You can't change the tyre compound, even the brake bias cannot be altered in the setup page. you can only adjust the pedal pressure.
    Season rules said that its fixed setup except for the above 3 items and fuel.

Brake balance felt good so I didn't check if the bias can be altered in-car.

Edit -
    Quick check before I logged off confirmed bias cannot be altered in-car.

3. Ken Jagger

Try it now

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy Tomlinson

Yep all worky now.

I know it is coz I is faster, and still on Hard tyres :D. Yet to try the softs in anger but I love F1 tracks :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Working Now

6. Peter Williamson

Peter Williamson Pro Driver

Hi guys I’m hoping to make tonight’s race but have marshalling training. I may have to miss qualifying depending on what time we finish.
    I really want to race as well!

7. Arnold Koch

Arnold Koch Pro Driver

regardless of my result, this track is pure bliss especially with an open wheeler. thanks so much guys
    :D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  8. Andy Tomlinson

I was greatly enjoying that race up until I get brake-checked heading onto the back straight. There was no suitable reason for braking on an apex that you are meant to be applying throttle, for one of the fastest parts of the track. That cost me a good position tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Hi Andy, it was me in front of you and there are two sides to every story. I dislike you using the word brake check because that implies I did that on purpose and that was definitely not the case. I looked at the replay (22:00) and I hardly brake before turning in. If I go on throttle there on worn softs I will lose the rear because it feels very snappy. You nearly punted me off the road and I had to catch the car.

10. Ken Jagger

Everyone drives differently and is faster or slower than others. Do not expect or assume that other members will drive any corner the same as yourself.
    Let's leave any more discussion of this at an end please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I had quite the eventful race... Started on soft at least to have some grip at the rears in the beginning. Had a good start but could not pull a gap and Anatoliy overtook me outside in a Nice Kimi style overtake action. After 6 minutes we both had a spin where I did not expect him to cut to the inside and we both had a synchronous spin and Toni and Caitlin could overtake me. Now my tyres were warm and I could push and come close but when I was close behind I did not gain any draft effect to overtake them. I believe the DRS does not do anything. While all the others around me were on hards and I was on softs I knew it would be hard to make it to the podium. At some point Anatoliy and I were side by side through the 130R and I spun. I had a look at the replay and we did not touch as it seemed. I had some nose damage but nothing big so I continued to bring the car home in 4th.

Its tough driving these cars with my old T150 wheel and pedals. luckily last week my CSL DD and pedal kit with load cell brake arrived so its time to retire the T150 and learn to drive all over again.

CU all later and all the best...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Had a small slide damaged car and went into pits for repair. Forgot to assign a key to start engine again. End of my race but enjoyed the practice and had a good race. Also suffered with a little stutter in my reverb 2 so will sort settings before next race. My pc is pretty good and handled practice and quali but just stuttered in race. Thanks all and congrats to podium

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sweet Merciful! I was just damn lucky to finish the race. Grats to the podium. This track and car combo is top 20.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Anatoliy Tkachenko

Anatoliy Tkachenko Pro Driver

Gentlemen, may I ask you to share someone's replay, as I didn't write my own?
    Gert-Jan, I've just replied to your pm.

15. Ken Jagger

16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Had a good race. Stayed out of battles and finished ok.
    Something is wrong tho when all cars on track. Iose laptime, lot, for reason or another. Weather same, car same and drive the same.

17. Anatoliy Tkachenko

Anatoliy Tkachenko Pro Driver

18. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Yeah, unfortunately for you there is no DRS, even though the server says it's active. You got unlucky at various points in that race, but you had real speed when you had a clear track in front of you!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

The DRS enabled message and cockpit light are part of the track files and are not a server on/off parameter. If the car mod is not created with DRS functionality, the message and lights still work.

20. Ken Jagger

Possibly due to server restarts which zero the real-road build up. Multiple cars should build it back up quicker.