Round 2 Thomson GP

Discussion in 'F1 Classic 1967 Series - S2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 18, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thomson Road Grand Prix

Track designer: Fat Alfie. (Deutschlandring & Feldbergring)

It is a street circuit, half of it a twisty old road through the jungle, and the other half a newer, straighter section. It was used between 1961 and 1973, when it was cancelled due to financial and safety issues. It was badged as the Orient Year Grand Prix, the Malaysian Grand Prix and finally the Singapore Grand Prix once Singapore gained its independence. It measured just over 3 miles in length, or 4.865km, and featured sections such as The Murder Mile (the main straight which had a hump halfway along its length which caused the cars to take off at high speed), The Snakes (a series of twists and turns as the track climbed up through the jungle) and Devil's Bend (the most dangerous corner on the circuit). Seven lives were lost in the circuit's 11 year history. There were no run-off areas, and most of the fast bends were surrounded by trees.

(He's driving the track in opposite direction)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  2. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Would it be possible to get Thompson GP to the server?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rob/John will get the server up asap depending what races we have on AC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Sachsenring 67 is back (for Assetto Corsa) :)

Maybe a little of topic, but I thougth we might use this classic GPL track for a future series. One of my favourites.
    You can get it on RaceDepartment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Don't forget that we have extra points for this series:

1 point for pole position each race
    1 point for fastes race lap each race

6. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Could anyone give any tips for setup? My car seems to get it´s nose up in air no matter what I try on that main straight jump and it is mostly luck if I can make it without crashing on landing

7. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Unless already tried (worked for the Brabham) apply a bit longer soft brake instead of short hard, with that my nose was always in the air.
    More front rebound should help, but that would of course affect other things as well.

8. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Thanks Jens, that helped a little. But it still keep getting up and I keep crashing :(

9. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Have you tried raising the overall height of your car? The height of the nose is still dependent on how much throttle you run over the crest, but I found a higher car to be more forgiving when I got it wrong (every other lap!)

10. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I thought I was in the wrong thread ?? :rolleyes:
    Race Day PW is set on the Championship page

11. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Hey there guys! Good luck tonight to all of you.

The race will be broadcast live here:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Server was ok earlier but now failing to load , Loads track and cars then flips back to AC menu screen . Verified install and reinstalled track but not looking good:confused:
    Anyone got any ideas as im not sure i can get in to race

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  13. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Check your logs, might give you idea whats wrong. You can try offline to make sure track/car loads ok.
    upload_2019-5-3_20-22-40.png

14. Martyn McClune

Thanks jens looks like its the cars

15. Martyn McClune

Something very odd ...i was in earlier have reinstalled track and cars, restarted router verified install and loaded ok offline. See server fine and loads cars and track then flips me out of server again. Very dissapointed . Is there anything changed server side?

16. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

You did use the race day password yes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Martyn McClune

Got it sorted at the last minute Rob....I restarted pc but also switched power right off . When i booted up and loaded AC I got into server ...unfortunately I crashed in first lap but ran a few good laps before repairing the damage. Concentration was a bit rattled by the pc probs before.
    Congrats to the podium guys.:D
    I found something that worked in my setup this week making the car feel really good with responsive handling. Still on the learning curve in Assetto but i hope to be more competitive in the coming weeks.
    Enjoyed driving the Eagle this week
    I have to miss next week as im going to Greece on holiday . Will be back for the next one though...see you all there:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. John vd Geest

Might be a silly question, but did you download the mod update, or did you use the mod version from last season?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Martyn McClune

Hi John
    I downloaded the update at the beginning of season 2. I had practiced for 2 days and had justvleft the server 5 mins before trying to rejoin unsuccesfully. Thats why i was a bit surprised not getting in. It loaded the track then the 24 cars as if joining then flipped back to the menu screen. I reinstalled the cars and track from SRO but still the same. Verified Assetto install as ok and restarted pc still no difference.
    I think it was definately my pc that is usually problem free.
    Finally retarted and powered down mains before restarting and got in with 8 mins quali to go. Sorry for asking about race fuel as i couldnet get two full laps to estimate before race.
    Anyway thanks for the support answers and i did get to dnf again lol
    Need to look at lap one replay but if it was my fault ...apologies to the other driver .....although i was just being patient ,first lap, before being shunted out of the way.
    M

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Martyn McClune

Hi
    Watched the replay so it was probably my fault
    Stef passed me quite quickly as I had left a gap on the inside at corner 3 I think. Slight contact as he passed then he went onto grass at which point I tried to repass. I didnt realise he was still along side me as I turned into next corner. Tangled wheels and I went off. Sorry Steff in my cockpit view I didnt realise you were overlapping me quite as much as you were as I turned in.
    Cyas In two weeks

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1