rFactor 1 Round 2 Valencia

Discussion in 'Skoda Octavia Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

There was an error within the track files which prevented it loading which I've now fixed, so please make sure to download and install the newly updated version from the race page.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

Hi!...

After a few checks and tests... I reached to a conclusion... 2008 cars are diferent of any other models (2006, 2007) with their own files for some things and shared files (2007) for other things... Right now, 2008 mirrors still have the same issue when sesion is changed. Problem can be fixed replacing some camera and cockpit files; but; in my opinion; the easiest solution (and more reasonable) would be run the championship with 2007 cars; because they don't have any fail at all...

4. Ken Jagger

I've tested cars from all years i.e. 2006, 2007 & 2008 on the server and switched through all the sessions from Practice to Race and did not have any problems with the mirrors in cockpit view. Maybe it's a particular GFX card issue I don't know. :confused: I'm using an nVidia 2070 RTX, what are you using Jorge?
    We will continue to allow all cars to be used in the series.

5. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

I checked all with Ramón; and we both have diferent components, but the same problem... The only factor we didn't check was if the base instalation is relevant (Full or Lite).

Since we checked that, replacing some 2008 files with their 2007 components works; I only can reach as conclussion that the 2008 cars were badly added to the original mod.

Based on that, I recommend don't use 2008 cars... they have bugs; different performance, and some other files (as damage files) are related to other cars rather than 2008 or even missing.

6. Ken Jagger

There were 11 other drivers using the 2008 car at Estoril and none of them is raising any issues with the mirrors, so the options will stay as they are.

7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Funny starting grid, the even numbers (position two, four, six, eight..) started in front of their odd (one, three, five, seven..) counterpart. Therefore the second positioned driver got pole, that cannot be right o_O
    Anyway, I got a good sart after a good quali effort and moved into P2. @Ramon Llupart You hit Nassim and not me, but I think that had more consquences for you than anybody else, tough luck. I drove a while in P2 but Nassim was too fast. In the end my tyres started to go off, and the tyre master Ken got closer and closer. I just brought the podium home. The first time I drove this mod, I wanted to drive it in the R2P days but never made it. So now I able to check it off from my bucket list. :)
    No idea if I able to participate at the next rounds but I hope to see you there.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  8. Luis Almeida

Luis Almeida Atlantic Team Manager

Again mirrors went off, so sorry for anything in race. Anyway, this has been the most enjoyable race in a long time for me, 45 minutes of fighting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Luis do you use the Virtual rear-view mirror and did that go off?

Did you try switching the mirrors on again with the default key?

10. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Sad to hear, that explains some of your defensive moves lol :D
    I send you a message how I solved that problem, hope it works for you too. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Helder Carvalho

Helder Carvalho Pro Driver

I also had problems with the mirrors, but only in the race. And also with gasoline, lol.:mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Luis Almeida

Luis Almeida Atlantic Team Manager

Yes to both.

13. Ken Jagger

I can only think the mirror issue for some people is due to individual Sim/GFX settings or hardware, because many others are not having the problem.

14. Jorge Herrera

Jorge Herrera Pro Driver

Ramon, maybe it will be better if you publish the file in question here in this thread; or into the main championship thread.

• Like Like x 1