Automobilista Round 2 Virginia Full Course

Discussion in 'Super GT500 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Unless already noted, AMS got an update today so I think the server needs to be updated as well (not visible in mp).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Server has been updated.

• Like Like x 2
  4. adam manderson

adam manderson Pro Driver

Do we have to do anything different

5. Ken Jagger

No as long as your have got the latest STEAM AMS update Adam. :)

6. adam manderson

hi the password brooklands isn't working

7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

1st ever Automobilista win for me yayay!
    In race just kept it going and while there was faster cars out there, my Honda kept its pace from start to finish.
    Fast guys having tire issues in the end.
    I let Paul pass me easily since thought i had him spun at start. Plan was to follow him and catch leader together and when they fight it out, sneak into victory.
    He started to slip and then Csaba started to slip so got lead.
    Only Ken hang in there and he kept the gap the same pretty much whole race gaining towards end.
    Managed to get car between us in last laps and secured it.
    Enjoyed driving tonite and cuold have gone couple hours more :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ken Jagger

We always change the Practice pwd to the Race Pwd before the actual race. For the series I host it's usually about 1hr before the race, so you need to check what it is before joining the server. But you clearly found the Race Pwd as you were in the race. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Again congrats to Toni. It is clear, that he is faster than me in any car, but the difference was massive. Not sure how he kept the tyres alive, mine as just those from Jens did not last. And I did not push very hard.
    However, he did not offer any hit how he did that, but it seems he run a lot less wing that Jens and me. Stil this car has a really small operating window, which makes it really hard to drive. But at least the dropoff to the end was not that big than in Road Atlanta. This was the main difference to the first round.
    Not everyone had that much luck, it seems Jorge with his Ferrari was 10 seconds slower than the fastest guys, thats really tough. Felt in some way that he was forced to drive a car from a lower class. Lapping him was not always easy, I assume he did as best as he could, but when you caught him in the wrong place then it was dangerous. And I think Roman had a very lonely race, but maybe he can catch up to the other Hondas in the future races.

Here a replay of the start of the race and the first laps.

That was a bit crazy, lot of mistakes.

I´m forced to miss the next round, therefore have fun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

First congrats to Toni for his first AMS win! ;)

That was my first race with the GT500 and to be honest it felt more like I was driving a GT300. I don't understand this car at all. :)
    Tyres were green all the race but about half the race, they felt like torn tyres. Car started to slide and even worse, the brake felt pretty dangerous and unstable. That led to constant errors but, at the end, I never get the pace by far. It's not a bad car at all but the default setup seems that doesn't work because the car just doesn't turn in the corners. The engine of the HSV seems doesn't help much, in the straights felt like a GP2 engine... :D

And the best of all, I had the great idea, given the engine seems a little unpowered, to reduce the grill. In testing nothing happened but on lap 2 in the race the engine turned yellow for almost the entire race, so I was concerned not only to not crash the car but also not to burn the engine. :eek:

Let's see the next one. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. adam manderson

congrats toni never saw u tbh was at the back most of the time couldn't overtake into turn one someone thought it was good to fall asleep on brakes oh well and never really grasped the car until I pitted and realised I was running max aero must have reset my setup then to add insult my engine imploded might have used too much grill like ramon
    im coming next race

• Like Like x 3
  12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

@Philipp Pichler 3-9 wings.
    Soft sptings but dampers beeing close to default.
    This is usually low wing track for me. Its basically 3 long straights with couple slow turns between so not much grip from aero needed.
    Seemed rho that didnt have much difference having wigs 2-6 or 3-9 or 4-12.. Had close laptimes in practice.
    90% brakes and 62% ftont. I like ny brakes rear but wont work with this car. Saw you had that issue aswell when spun. Rear tends to come front.
    Middle engine car. Balanced weight distribution. So cornering with it should be smoorhest and best compared to any other, in theory atleast, and that should bring very even tyrewear. Only mid corner has that funny moment when it sort of feels weightless for a split second.
    For same reason exits cam be tricky. I just put 2nd gear so that can just put pedal to the metal without spinning it. I do it in other cars aswell. Maybe not the fastest way but reduces spinning tyres and car.
    So basically focus on car's strenghts which is cornering.
    Allways focus on exiting.
    And with this one that stupid braking.
    Ill post set when get on my comp.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Good qualy. 2nd :)
    Well done Csaba :)

Race
    Got a terrible start as I couldn't hear my own engine and didn't shift at the right time. Then I was in the wall. I don't really know what happened. I think I kept myself in a straight line but if I wondered into someone then I'm sorry. Had damage all the way around the car but it still drove very well. So now flat last I began the fight back. Got a number of places within the first couple of laps. Ken flashed me by. Not sure why but thanks anyway. Got up to 3rd behind Toni and Csaba. Got past Toni then tried in vane to catch Csaba. Then a mistake at the end of the long straight into the right hander. I braked in the same place as usual but for some reason I didn't slow down at all. An off track excursion saw me drop back behind Toni and Ken. I see others have noticed the inconsistent brakes. It was something I'd noticed in practice having had trouble at the same corner. Not sure whether its to do with the brakes or engine braking or a combination. With another off track excursion 2 corners later that was it. I could no longer go at the pace I'd been travelling at as my tires were well and truly shot. Saw Csaba drop out which moved me up to 3rd.

Well done Toni for your 1st AMS win. :)
    Well done Ken. Cements our team series lead. :)
    Commiserations to Csaba. Didn't even consider engine life was going to be a problem with these cars. :(

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1