rFactor 2 Round 2 Watkins Glen

Discussion in 'Indy Pro 2000 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jacopo Zaninelli

Jacopo Zaninelli Pro Driver

having a slow pace always leads to shitty races...

but if you crash please don't make a U turn in the middle of the straight when cars are coming...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Denis Eshchenko

Denis Eshchenko Pro Driver

WOW! Fantastic races!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Pro Driver

Today I gave everything I had. I feel I gave everything car \ setup had! In Q in press ESC because Fuel. So did not go to track again..
    In races It was a massive fight with @Denis Eshchenko.
    I won race 1. But in Race 2 in last corner, I went to the wrong side of the track because a guy, in blue flags.. and I spun. Very unlucky.
    Thanks to @Kostas Kantzouras. Setup was very very good!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to all podium guy´s, awesome speed from the top 8 I say:eek:
    Thank you admin for you´r effort and all the fun. :)
    Not a great performance in the race, manage to spun the car in both
    race 1 I could save it. But in race two it went from bad to worse so I quit.
    Could have been me Jacopo not sure at one time I had my car halfe on grass halfe on track :oops::rolleyes::oops:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

A good couple of races yesterday for me. I eventually warmed up to the idea of getting into the Tattus sit. Watkins Glen is always a very tempting track to drive and I hadn't scheduled any other races yesterday...
    Arrived with less than an hour left into the practice session and had tons of things to try to improve my times, eventually managing a decent top spot in the practice session as @Ricardo Ferreira and @Denis Eshchenko hadn't exercised their muscles yet...
    Qualys were not great in either session so had to start on the attack in both races.

Race 1 was quite intense and full of action. The start was terrible and I was overtaken by a few drivers. @Ken Jagger got in front of me in the first turns and was keeping a good pace although I was catching. I got parallel to Ken at the Heel and we touched in the right turn... I went out of track and hit the wall with some aero damage. My Crew chief suggested getting in to sort it out but, despite the reduced pace, I thought that having only lost two places and with a slight margin on 7th behind, I rather stayed for a couple of laps to check if I could keep up. To my surprise, after a bit of adaptation, I was getting closer to Ken again. We both overtook @Michał Mazurek (that might have had a problem as he was much slower than earlier in the race). I was pressing Ken hard and I suppose grip was reducing. There were a few moments for both of us but one more definitive for Ken that lost his car at the exit of T10. I had got 4 secs advantage and was cruising to the end when @Kostas Kantzouras came from nowhere and I had to push hard the last couple of laps to keep a lucky P3.

Race 2 started great, from P6 to P3 after a ms reaction time at the start. This was followed by a hard chase from Michal that I managed to contain all the way to the end. Congrats on the pressure. It kept the race intense the whole way.

Hope you enjoy the videos of the races.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Great Pace, Ricardo, as always.
    I would love to try Kostas' setup to compare it to my best efforts at Watkins Glen... See how much potential there was there for me to get into the 39s times that were completely inaccessible to me yesterday. Would you be able to share it ? Thanks.

8. Kostas Kantzouras

Kostas Kantzouras Pro Driver

Sure mate.

Try also 1 click less rear toe-in.

You had great pace anyway, if only I kept it cleaner I could catch up, however Ricardo is almost always faster than me with the same setups!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Thanks a lot Kostas. I'll do some laps and will let you know if I had any more speed with a better setup or if I had reached my limit of incompetence :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Michael Schmiedel

Michael Schmiedel Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to the 3 mens on podium.:cool:
    After the quali one and two at places 11 and 14. Then in both races at P17 after the first lap.
    Yes of course the races are won at the start.:rolleyes: But a little bit more consideration would not be wrong.
    I must invest a lot of time to get into the top 10.
    That's why it's annoying when the thing is done after just one round.
    See you in Long Beach.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Joel Ryczek has been issued with a Drive Through penalty for using 'ESC' in qualifying multiple times and then returning to the track and also for punting Jacapo Zaninelli on Lap 2 of race 1.

The D/T must be taken at the end of the 1st racing lap at the next race of this series at Long Beach.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1