Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Bathurst

Discussion in '2021 GT4 Challenge Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

Servers Up!

:DWho can tame the mountain?:D

For obvious reasons, we will put random weather at 1 for this one.
    We don't need a downpour!
    The mountain its self is enough of a challenge!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Funny the one who nobody can beat wants the rain !~!~ :p ..

If I could Jeffery I would have it rain only for you in this one lol:D..

The downhill twistys could end up as a salvage yard even in the dry ..:rolleyes::D

4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Bathurst is great fun in the Wet :p
    I've found an extra half second or so over last time but based on the pace of the BM's it that race I'm still only contending for 2nd/3rd/the wall

• Like Like x 1
  5. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

You might be in luck Tim as neither myself nor Jeffrey have done any practice and we don’t have anything but the default setup to rely on this time. I doubt I will finish 2nd anyway!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

7. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Dont count out the underdogs... :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vasilis Doumanas

I really dont know if i can make it tonight.. :(
    All sudden yesterday night when trying to play, my pc started to freeze and my screen got black.. When did a reset it wonted boot at all.
    I tried to re set my graphics card and then it booted normally.. I tried to play again but it got freeze.. again..
    I tried same thing, it booted and i reinstall my graphics card drivers.. Nothing.. The same freezing again..
    When i booted again for 4th - 5th time i saw a message from windows (running windows 10 64bit) that i had to restart my pc because of pci drivers installation..
    When i did it, after that i tried to play again and for some reason my pc got stable and it didn't crash.. Ok i said, it solved.. I shutted down my pc and went to bed at 04:30 am..
    But no, it didnt solved.. Today i tried to open it but it did the same sh@@t.. So far i was trying to reinstall drivers etc but so far it still crashes.. And today i saw another message,
    was saying, wattman restored to default settings.. This message showed up after one of the dozens restarts i did because of crashing..
    I really dont know what is happening, so far i didnt have any problem since i upgrade my power supply and cpu processor.. I believe that is something happens with my GPU
    drivers or - in combination with pci express drivers.. I reinstall them all but the problem is still exist..
    I dont know what to say, i am so frustrated. i will try again a bit later when i will go home..
    I hope to fix it and see you all online..

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

One thing that it's worth checking is that ALL of your cables (even HDD's) are connected correctly - unplug and re-plug everything!
    I had an issue on my old PC where I had a dodgy SATA cable, it wasn't even the boot drive but would randomly loose connection when the pc was on and when it was off.
    This caused me endless bluescreens and a whole bunch of different error messages, only a few were actually related to the memory drivers that were likely causing my issues (because of the cable).
    I'm still using that HDD in my new pc without issue having replaced the cable a couple of years back.

Hopefully your problem is something simple like that.:)

Another thing I'd check is how hot your GFX card is getting - if you're in the silly hot part of europe I know lots of people are seriously struggling to run any games in the heat - 2 of my Italian drivers have given up at present due to heat! (one of them is unable to even run games as his PC is overheating badly and throttling power big time).

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Well - like I said, I found half a second but even that wasn't enough even for the BMW time from our previous race here - let alone against Jeffrey last night!
    Apologies to Simon for the broadside - my engineer had just told me I was 'clear to the right' so moved over to draft Tanner. To say I was surprised when I clobbered you is an understatement!

I had a good fight with John after having a fairly major save out of McPhillamy before Skyline. That put him close enough to use the power of the Aston to pretty much walk past on Mountain Straight.
    2 laps later he ran wide exiting Forrest's Elbow; allowing me to get the draft and pass him just before the Chase. Either that lap or the following one he had a kinder version of my wobble at McPhillamy and dropped back a few seconds letting me concentrate on clean laps in the hope of catching Simon again.

We spent the remainder of the race doing near identical laps - I could watch the gap drop by over a second everytime I went over the mountain, then on conrod and through the braking zones for Forrest elbow, the Chase, Hell and Murreys he'd just open the gap back up :oops: (Stupid ABS!)

Watching onboard with Jeffrey I have to say that BM was like it was on rails, The Masser would have been in the fence for every single of the slower corners you could brake so late/hard and still turn. I think we should put you in one too to even things up a bit ;)

WD to Simon and to all the finishers - the Mountain was hell as usual :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

That was an adventure indeed :)

I drove into a wall on the mountain during my qualy outlap while trying to get heat into my brakes, which was really clumsy :)

Than during the formation lap of the race I had a phone call.. I had to check if it was important, parked the car, pulled of my VR headset... it was my neighbour probably wanting to complain about the height of my hedge :).. but the VR headset back on and it was all foggy.. aaargh. The issue is that it won't go away while keeping it on :( I caught the back of the pack for the race start and there we went! I went off trying to overtake and made a few more errors. It really wasn't easy with the fog on my lenses but I thought real racing drivers had these kinds of issues too sometimes with their helmets and kept going. Glad to make it to the end.

Besides that ACC feels great! Really awesome.

Well done to everyone.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  12. Vasilis Doumanas

Thanks for the reply Tim, i did all those checks and everything was good.. Cables at their positions, memory checked as well, and my graphics card is not heating at all..
    The thing i did and solved the problem - at the moment so far because i will check it again tomorrow - was to uninstall all the drivers and software of my RX570, wiped all the data with AMD cleaner and did a fresh install with OLD (2019) Radeon software and drivers. After that, thankfully i could run the game and you saw me online.. Unfortunately the race was a disaster for me but anyways the thing worked at last.
    I still believe there is a software problem, something with the latest radeon drivers with windows 10.. I really considering to move on an older windows version (win 7 64 bit) and check what will happens...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Vasilis Doumanas

I was looking forward for this race because i love the mountain and i believed i could have a good result.. But...

Practice went great, i managed to do low 2:14 with low fuel and i could do a high 2:13 if my lap was perfect.. For my ability of course.
    Jeff once again was by far fastest, so considering the times of the other guys i believed that i had the second place at quali in my pocket..
    With high fuel setup, race pace was good enough, was about low 2:15 - high 2:14 and i was quite happy.

Starting qualify, i did some minor errors and ruined my lap times so i tried my best at the lap before the last.. Just before the Chase s, my delta showed i was 1 second plus faster than my best lap and was going for second place but an Audi (i think it was Mark Ekins) ruined my lap when rejoined the track. I lost everything there as i tried to avoid a crash..
    Result was 4th..
    Starting the race, i lost a position to Simon as he had the inside at Hell turn, and i was following behind Tim until the Chase. There he had a slide at the exit of Chase and i tried there to do the overtake but i did a foolish rookie mistake and lost the brakes at Murrays corner and the result was the disaster for me.. Car had a big damage in front, and my top speed dropped to 245 km/h so i couldn't continue this way.
    i pitted to fix the damage but i got a DT for speeding at pitlane because i forgot my speed limiter off... i served the DT but then i forgot my speed limiter on... I did all the mountain straight with the limiter on because i was confused :eek::confused: and i couldn't switch it off.. Sometimes my mind is lagging as it seems :oops::p
    Anyways i was still racing trying to do some fast laps and somehow i found myself behind John Passmore and Tim Muttram, i watched their battle when John lost it somewhere at Skyline curve if i remember well and tried to put a pressure to Tim as i followed him at close distance.
    Actually i was a lap behind and this was useless, i just tried to see if i could have the pace to follow. Nothing more nothing less, i hope i did not ruined someone's race..
    After a mistake i did at Chase, i decided to abandon the race. As i said it was useless..

I was expected much more than this, but this is racing, i am happy at least that i could be online and raced with all you and this is matters at the end.
    Well done to winner (from who planet are you from anyways? :D) and podium finishers and of course to all guys who were online..
    Until the next one, take care all :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Buy a big floor standing fan and position it to your left/right so it blows at your face - I couldn't race in the summer without out mine as the misting would be so bad

15. Laurent Londes

I can try that. I have more issues with fogging with my HP Reverb G2, especially since I got a face mod on it that puts me closer to the lenses. In this case the issue was taking the headset on and off to check my phone and no time to wipe it..

16. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The misting is caused by still air in the headset allowing humidity to go nuts due to the heat from you and the screens/chips.
    Even a tiny amount of cross/through flow of air will eradicate the humidity, and therefore the misting :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laurent Londes

Not sure if there is much air that will go through but I can try. It has a nose cone and fits quite tight to my head. No light bleed at all.

18. Vasilis Doumanas

I know this is off topic but the problems i had with my graphics card gone worst just after the race..
    The final conclusion is that my card is dead, i tried many ways to solve the problem but i didnt make it.. :(
    Thankfully i remembered i have somewhere hiding at my home an old GT740, i installed it and it works..
    The bad thing is i have to run the game at low resolution with low graphics settings..
    The good thing is - until i get a better one card - in combination with my Ryzen 5 3500x CPU, i still can play even with low resolution..
    I will still do some testing on the upcoming days to ensure that i can race properly for the rest of the gt4 championship.