Round 3 Bernese Alps Festival - Fri Feb 12, 2021

Discussion in 'Best Fantasy Tracks Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 16, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO default nw 01.jpg

WELCOME TO BERNESE ALPS Festival

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

My lap on LiveTiming is with older track settings, so that doesn't count.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Phewww!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

I didn't know i could see other people's practice times, where can I find this?

Edit - found it

6. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Just had my first practice on the track. Question regarding track limits (Newbie question) The long double left hander after the tunnel... There's an obvious path if you follow the road, there are no penalties for going out wide of the road and making the second turn in a lot less of an angle. Is the rule, if there's not a penalty given by the game then it's allowed? Or should we be sticking within those road limits?

I'm happy to do it either way, i just don't want to be practicing and then come race day and i'm the only one slowing down to make it within those road lines

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. John vd Geest

The rule for every Sim and every track is to always keep 2 wheels inside the 2 white lines that designate the race track.
    You can make a mistake or 2, but if you do it to gain time on a regular basis like 3 x or more, than you could be subjected to a protest and a drive-through penalty for the next event.

8. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Thanks for clarifying

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Still didn't put a lap on this one unfortunately, not sure I could make it. Are we supposed to take right or left at this cross ?? o_O

10. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Unfortunately, I have to miss out on this one. :oops: I have something to do and won't be able to finish before the race. I've unregistered from the event.

11. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Stupid day for race, can't make it, it's pity 'cause I really like to race with these cars....

12. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Sorry, I'm off also.. Painful back.

13. John vd Geest

I wanted to be smart and pit for fresh tires half way. But then I hit the pit wall entry and got T-boned between the walls and couldn't get out for 30 seconds :mad::eek:
    That was sad, but also a bit funny.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I think there is still no chance to pit and undercut those that decide to skate around for the last 15/20 mins...
    I still managed to fight in those final laps with Csaba and had fun. Shame of my stupid mistake earlier in the race, although, I doubt I could have got Tom, so the battle with Csaba was much more interesting at the end. I'm processing the video that will be ready in a few days...

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

That's unfortunate John, I did wonder what happened when i saw the relative time difference shoot up.
    Although there was only 4 of us, I still had great fun, my pace had slowed right down at the end and if there were 5-10 more minutes my tyres were too worn to stay ahead. I played alot with set ups for this track as I was finding it really difficult to learn. I was fastest with everything on minimum (camber and toe as low as they can go) - it made the car turn in extremely well but it probably accelerated tyre wear. I also changed the brake power to 90% at the last minute and couldn't believe how much it transformed the car in a good way

• Like Like x 3
  16. John vd Geest

A well deserved win Tom. You really nailed it. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I left the video of the race here. It was a great race (other than the stupid crash at around min 28). Great fight against @Tom Fowler in the distance and with @Csaba Lako more closely.
    Enjoy! And thanks @John vd Geest for bringing these very interesting tracks to our knowledge.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Well done, Tom!

Now I see when trying it out for some practice, I did it on the wrong layout lol Anybody got an idea if tires are better with those server changes?

19. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Nice crash, stupid mistake from me! I didn't want that!

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  20. John vd Geest

My tires on the right side were red after 20 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1