Round 3 Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Cup UK Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. David Clark

David Clark Pro Driver

Why have i been kicked from the server?

3. Kevin Elmes

Kevin Elmes Pro Driver

i am so sorry to the guy i hit twice i thought the first time was not my fault in the race but after seeing the replay i can see it was my fault but i was not using you for a brake i just took the comer a lot faster then you and the second one i tried undercutting you but messed it right up i am so sorry

the rest of the race until i messed up was really good i was doing 1.41s 42s i had some clean racing with some people i went from 16th to 8th and kept it for 10 15 minutes then i had a spin then i hit the guy in the purple car twice i stopped to give back the place on the second time then had a few spins and finish 16th lol but it was a fun race for the most part so

• Like Like x 2
  4. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

No worries, I also thought it was my fault til I saw the replay :) Thanks for letting me go ahead. No hard feelings.

I have to apologise myself, for causing the lap one carnage. Trying to give room, I got wide out of Westfield and spun across the track - sorry to anyone who got caught up in that. Was not my finest hour!

Thanks to the team again, and congrats to the podium.

5. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Have i missed something?
    Is it allowed to pass with a touch?
    Happened 3 times to me, first metal-kiss pushed me into
    no manĀ“s land and destroyed my car.
    sad :-(

6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Its ok, happens from time to time. I did see it coming, braked hard and though for a moment I would make it through but then I got a hit from behind. Simply a chain reaction.

I could recover because the damage was not that terrible, overtook several cars (sorry Andre, that situation in turn one was probably a missunderstanding). Then someone pushed me of the road, which was a bit annoying but on the upper hand it was pointless to stay there on the outside...

After that Ken overtook me and we got back into a four-way race about P9.
    Then Neil and Kevin had their clash it was only up to Ken and me. I tried to stay in his slipstream which worked but even with a little mistake form him into turn one, I could not pass him.
    But suddenly Ken scared me and I had really no plan how to react.

First good skills from you Ken to make that 360 work. I have really no idea if it was good that I hit you that way. Or you would have saved it if I had not hit you.
    Sorry if the last is more likely from your perspective.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Qualy went good. Nathan had a rocket start, took second place and stuck to my rearbumper through lap 1.
    After that I managed to create a gap and it kept growing.
    Thnx for the backmarkers keeping it clean when overtaking. Respect!
    C u all at the fictional one in 'Schotland'.

Cheers,

Tim

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Like Like x 7
  9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It was good racing Philipp :) I think maybe you helped me straighten out a bit! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Pro Driver

Another night of poor judgement and silly mistakes.
    Decided to up the front tyre pressures for the race, result one hard to drive car ....like thats what I need, schoolboy error.
    Made a lightening start, purple in the first split, made 5 places from the carnage on lap 1, then on lap 2 the guilt got to me and I dropped back to 18th, (deliberately of course).....
    Still had fun and looking forward to the next round.

@Frans van der Linden , can you let me know what that live timing app is on your screen please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nathan Lockie

Nathan Lockie Pro Driver

Another great car and track combo, thanks Ken! Made a really good start and managed to squeeze past Simon into 2nd. Was keeping up with Tim but Simon was looming pretty large in my mirrors until he unfortunately ran wide out of westfields which was a shame as we were shaping up for a good race. From there on in I did my best to try and stick with Tim but was faced with the now familiar sight of him gradually vanishing into the distance! Congrats Tim on another superb drive, see you all at the next one.

• Like Like x 4
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  12. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

Best lap ever in qualy to get second:eek: ,Nathen got an awesome start to take second from me then we started to pull away from fourth then on lap 2 I think I lost it exiting westfield put me down to ninth :oops:. Made good progress back to aslan and bosga battling for 4th and 5th had half spin on cooper straight and spun exiting stirling:confused: so 6th was what I deserved but happy with 5th could well have been 3rd or even 2nd had I kept it pointing in the right direction really enjoyed it thanks again for laying on another great event. :)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

a good race specially for the podium and surprise tim won ;). after survived the first laps without accident , the whole race awas a battle for me to be abble to overtake flaviu ,at least i think 3-4 laps before end flaviu made a mistake and lost control on the corner before start finish line and at overtaking him ,he ram me also out ( not on purpose ) , both cars on the grass and lost a lot time, try to go back to road as fast as possible . now i was 4 th than saw simon coming and coming , had to go 2 laps with damaged car with simon on my back :eek:. i knew he is able to overtake me but for my luck it was just 2 laps to the end :) . congrt again to all .

• Like Like x 4
  14. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

It was a good race, at least 5 min until finish when I made a BIG mistake and took @hakan aslan (sorry mate) with me on some short off-road action. I'm glad he can continue his race (and without any position lose). I lost 2 position, but managed to finish on 6th.
    I had a good start, and slowly I climb on 4th place. I had some nice laps with John in the first half, then on the second half I had some good laps with Hakan hunting me down, until, finally I cracked under pressure :( and ... that's it.
    I hope will be OK if I answer at this question. It is ptracker, by Neys.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stacy Newcomb

Stacy Newcomb Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  16. ptracker...