Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Brands

Discussion in 'SRO Tuesday Night Racing Ginetta G55 GT4 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  2. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the sun visor strip at top of windscreen opaque rather than solid black? its like looking out of a pillbox slit

4. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Won´t participate tonight , Our national hockey team has a desperate game against Switzerland ,
    got to see it . Hope they don´t embarras our nation by loosing that also .
    See you next time

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ray Norton

Ray Norton Pro Driver

Sorry cant make it tonight

6. Rob Milliken

You can try in the livery editor, they have a few different visors in there ...

7. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Really hated the car here, understeer on the front, oversteer on the rear. Never happy to push it as the rear kept slipping and firing in me into the barrier.
    After spinning for the 3rd time and picking up damage to the front and being so far behind i gave up

8. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

I think the only person that enjoyed the car tonight was Jeff. Like you say horrid understeer and snap oversteer, was fighting the car the whole time. On the other hand everyone else seemed to be having the same issue and I had a fun fight with Tim (briefly) and then Mark for most of the race.

9. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

To be honest, I also enjoyed the car. I'm not a fast driver (and maybe not pushing the car to the limit make it nice to drive), but for me, place is not as important as having good time, driving around with all of you ;)
    About my race, was a good one. I had a very good time chasing @James Bird, trying to speculate his little mistakes. Once I succeeded, but in less than a lap he take it back. And during the race we had few very intense fights. Good race James and good race all :)

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

bah bunch of moaners, i thought the car was great fun here. :p I suspect the hotter temperature caused some issues? I noticed during qually that my tyres were getting a bit hot and so took a few psi out for the race. The car did try to catch me out a couple of times on corner exit (especially graham hill bend and clearways) but i was still able to lean on the tyres nicely most of the race.
    Enjoyed a race long battle with Simon, swapping places a couple of times. So much easier being the chaser than the chased around Brands as its oh so easy to glance in your mirrors just enough to get a wheel off on the treacherous cambered fast corners! I was annoyed with myself for doing just that at dingle dell after finally getting past Simon after so many laps of close clean battling, and allowing him back past me. But he returned the favour under pressure at Paddock again a few laps later and despite his return pressure i was able to pull away towards the end. I had hoped to close on Tim but that one slight error put him at arms reach for the rest of the race, and no doubt he would have fought me off anyway.
    Great combination, the cars suited it perfectly :cool: just a shame the grids arent bigger :( imagine 20-30 of these cars battling here!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Yes, I did the same.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  12. James Bird

James Bird Pro Driver

Great race guys, my tires were slightly over pressured due to the higher track temp but manageable. I liked the car at this track more than the last 2 but I think that's because I haven't had too many races on ACC as apposed to AC so I'm still learning the sim a bit. Flaviu that was a great battle all the way through the race, its hard to not make mistakes when someone is pressuring you all the way through but after you overtook me I composed myself again and I knew I could race with you as you're a good clean driver and i wasn't worried about you crashing into me. Always enjoy racing you buddy and I'm closing up the points gap aswell.:) Looking forward to the next one.

• Like Like x 1