rFactor 2 Round 3 Buenos Aires

Discussion in 'Formula E - Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

@Ken Jagger you might want to check the server or circuit as when I was doing a little practice my fuel stayed at 100%, I was in qualifying setup and the regen was set at zero?
    Don't know if you can check this as your having HDD problems, hope you get sorted soon.

3. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

I've ran into the same issue when training offline. I use 0.01% power as per lap.
    Not sure, but I think it's track related.
    Testing other cars at different tracks, everything seems to be fine.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  4. Ken Jagger

Thanks for the heads-up Norman/Marc, I will hopefully be able to check it out myself in the next couple of days.

5. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I have tried 3 steam tracks and hong-kong, all have the same behavior.
    There seems to be something broken with the formula e car, if I use x7 fuel multiplier "something" is happening to the energy level but not much.
    Looks more like a factor 100 wrong.

I assume there be an fix, otherwise mandatory pit stop could be an option but it's not really the same.

6. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I have posted at the 397 forum, maybe it's a known issue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

It's confirmed to be a bug, and they will release a update shortly, with some luck before the race this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

We didn't have any problems using Hong Kong for the first race did we? I wonder what's happened to change it?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  9. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Nothing to the tracks, but rF2 got an update around 31st of January.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

The cars has been updated and I assume fixed, so the server needs a update as well :)

11. Ken Jagger

S397 Forums state:

Formula E 2018
    v2.01
    - Fixed battery consumption issue caused by last Build update.

Our rF2 servers have been updated.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Had to unregister only just going to make the GT3 race.

13. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

Can't join the server, the rfmod won't install properly.
    If further attempts fail, then I'll have to skip this round.

EDIT: Can't make it for reasons already mentioned. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  14. Ken Jagger

Sorry Mark if I had known sooner I could have told you how to fix it. :(

With the update to rF2 to fix the battery consumption bug, I had to reconfigure the server to use this latest update. If you had previously DL the server rfmod file with the old config, you wouldn't have been able to get on the server. The solution for this situation is to uninstall/delete the rfmod file from the rF2 content tab e.g. in this case "SRO Formula E R3" and then when you join the server next time it will download the new rfmod file as if it was the first time.

15. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

This track was well done, let's hope the other tracks get's to this level somewhere in the (near) future.

This race went rather well. Manage to get pole with an small margin to Dino, but that was little help as both
    Dino and Alexandr very fast went away into the horizon :(

The whole race was more or less trying to manage the energy, and as cruising along the straight
    I was wondering what our fellow racers in front did to keep that pace, and still pit on the same lap :confused:
    (as I was lapped, I did have energy for 1 lap left when I got the checkers flag)

After race both Dino and Alexandr did confess they was actually running engine mode 8 or 9, I was in this race at 3.
    For the first race in Hong Kong I was also on 8, but my lift & coast was bad so I really struggled the last part of that one.

After that I just run lower engine mode and have not compared it to using a higher engine mode and longer coast
    (but I did have long lift and coast here as well, but I guess less effective)

Will try this out for the next race, and grats to Dino and Alexandr for a race well done.

To bad not more are interested in these cars, i'ts not like you have to like
    Formula E or electric cars in real life just because you drive these in rF2 :D

16. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Now I understand the fastest lap, and also seen with AI.
    The start is after the start/finish line so the first lap is a bit short.
    Don't know if that is correct or not compared to the actual track.

17. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Did a quick test using engine mode 8, could rather easy consume around 4.7% and do 1:11.8xx laps.
    That's more than 2s faster than my average lap with equal or more energy...

Great stuff, see ya at the next one then :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Every single lap I started to lift throttle very early on a straights. On start straight for example I lift off the throttle under starting lights line and coast all way down to 60 meters before apply brake into first hairpin. After long fast lefthander I lift on green banners on a wall and coast through next corner, little throttle to help turn the car and brake into second hairpin. For last hairpin I start to lift at yellow mark on a wall and coast up to 50 meters board. It feels very stupid compare to all other cars you ever drive but it is really work. And they actually lift and coast for long distances around a lap.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1