rFactor 2 Round 3 Croft

Discussion in 'BTCC Winter Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Ken Jagger

Server is up

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

There is a chance I'll be driving this one, but boy what a learning curve. I can't believe how different RF2 is compared to other sims

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

I think it's just what you've got used to with other Sims Roy :)

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

That is surely true. Thing is, the step from GTRĀ² to AC was an "easy" one. RF2 has a completely different feel that I need to get used to. But I'll get there. Just need a lot of track time ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hakan Aslan

Hakan Aslan Pro Driver

which tyre package are mandatory for this race ?

7. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Croft - Medium (hard+med)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Had a bit of practise today. I'm 1.5 seconds off pace. Tyres (medium) won't last 10 laps. The setting for the race says choice of tyres medium or hard. Can't select hard tyres. I DON'T LIKE RF2 :mad:

10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

When you select the car, click "Tuning" in the bottom of the screen, there you can select the hard-med tyre option.
    If you on the sro server, the tuning option is also available during practice (not available in offline practice).

Once selected, it's saved for the next session as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Just tried a practise race. After 6 laps the left front is down to 0 on the tyrewear app. The car just slides off track in every corner from then on. I don't know how you guys race this way. My guess would be the hards last 10 laps at most. Nice for what's going to be a 25 or 26 lap race. And its not down to the setup. I know how to setup an FWD car ;-)

I can't see myself get over this problem by Thursday, so I'm out for this one. But is the race being streamed somewhere?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  12. Hello all .which is the server's password (it's my first time here.Actually its my first attempt for Rfactor 2 online racing ) Till I have had nice races with iracing and simracingsystem (Asseto corsa and Raceroom)

13. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

14. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

15. Thank you very much .!!

16. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Race will be 31-32 laps, it's all about setup combined with driving style, you must back of your race pace 1-2s. Doing laps around 1:27 medium still have 45-50% after 16 laps. One stint on hard should be possible, but you need to adapt to that strategy.

Doing qualy lap pace would easy take 6-7% wear/lap and more when you start to slide.

17. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Well, we must have different software then. Doing 1.27s laps without sliding I still get a tyrewear above 10%. And yes, I do know how to drive and setup a FWD car. Very weird that I only have this problem in RF2. No such problems in AC, Raceroom, GTR2 and others. Ah well, enjoy your race fellas. RF2 is heading for the bin :D

18. I tried to do an offline race ,but I unfortulately sometimes my screen "frozing" I tried other cars including BTCC 2015 and they all "run" very smooth.Any ideas??

19. Ken Jagger

There are lots of ideas, thoughts and discussion about the tyre models that different sims use, but the general opinion seems to be that the current rF2 system is the best at modelling reality. You may just be used to driving sims which use other and older(GTR2?) tyre models Roy?

20. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Nooooooo, don't do that !!!! Not now when rF2 Challengers pack is here. I just love those GT3's :):):). Tried for now just Audi and McLarren and the driving experience is AMAZING.
    Sorry for this OffTopic :oops: