Project Cars 2 Round 3 Fuji

Discussion in 'BMW M1 Procar 2021 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  2. Ken Jagger

The posted race results are subject to possible amendment due to errors discovered in the results file linked to incorrect driver name being used.

3. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Very happy to see a good fight for the win between Viktor and Julian. Grats for a clean fight.
    My target was P3 because in quali it was clear, that the drivers in row 1 were untouchable.
    But: Helmut was very strong in the beginning, when we were fighting for P3 in corner 1 Paul
    did a very risky but great move, breaking beyond good and evil and took us both. After that
    his pace was great and i never had the chance to gain on him, so P4 was the maximum.
    After Round 3 i am still in the lead of the championship, but the dream will end next round. :eek:
    Cu all at Imola!

PS: 2 questions
    1: Paul, why did you mess up your start?
    2: Ken, why did you start out of the pits again?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

The race started in an interesting way, with huge crashes happening even before the first corner. Poor Aleksandar got flipped in turn 1, so he couldn't continue the race from then on.
    I locked up on lap 1 and had to fight my way back into p2, after which I started catching Julian. I had way less downforce, thus drag than him and I think I kept taking a better line through the last corner so I was gaining half a second on him just on the straight each lap. After I caught up to him I was able to slip past, and managed to keep him behind me all the way through. That said, I did make the final lap unnecessarily close, going wide in the first left-hander. I managed to defend though, which I'm incredibly happy about.
    I think that makes me the first person to beat Julian when he entered a race, correct me if I'm wrong :D

If anyone would like to see our fight I uploaded it to youtube as unlisted, I can send you the link if no one has any problems with it.

I do have some complaints as well, lapping backmarkers was a bit tricky at times. I think giving way and not sitting on the racing line is something that people need to pay more attention to.

Overall, great race, congrats to everyone making it to the end.
    See y'all in Imola!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Because I like to start 1 lap down and try and fight back to a decent result :rolleyes:

Seriously I messed up the way PC2 starts the race (like I did at Brands Hatch!), and was thinking in rF2 mode for the 30 sec countdown after the gap between Q & R, but of course the gap is the countdown in PC2 :oops: My head was in a bit of a different space though, as I had been battling to get my new wheel reconfigured/calibrated and didn't think I would do it in time. Took me over 30 mins to eventually get it working!! I had got it all sorted and tested on Sunday, but come yesterday it wasn't working :mad: Why I have no idea. The way PC2 configuration works is so cranky and unhelpful. I've had it before and will no doubt encounter it again in the future.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Ken Jagger

Viktor our rules suggest that you should stay on the racing line to avoid unpredictable moves in front of the car doing the passing. It is acceptable for a car being passed to move off the racing line to assist the pass, but only where it will not cause issues for both cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  9. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Brilliant job Viktor, Great race and win, really enjoyed it.
    I had a tough job with that one, I couldn't decide on the best set up for the race so settled for a safe one, however you were on fire mate, Good close race but you were quicker and it took all I had to stay with you, for your lack of downforce your car was so quick down the straight and well controlled round the bends, but I could pull a bit in the twisties.
    It was close at the end though however I think this was due to you losing more time than me with some backmarkers.
    My entry to the last corner was faster for my set up if, I went for the wide entry I lost more time down the straight due to higher downforce.
    Well done to Gerhard, top of the championship but we are on the hunt;).
    looking forward to the next race and thx to all.:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver

Shocker of a race resulting in a 10th place finish. I was clipped a couple of times at start which must have knocked the alignment out which gave me massive understeer, I never opted for any repairs in my pit setup so I had to stay out. Congrats to the podium and see you all next race.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Was it just me or are the blue flags not working? I never saw 1 blue flag o_O , and did not know if the car behind was on same lap or one of the leaders? :mad: ..

The start: I had to break hard at turn one and ended up punting someone (very sorry) we were back in the field around 9th or 10th .. Anyway I did a DT on lap 2 that put me way behind but then I saw a few others in the pits & that gained me some positions back & now I had someone to race with , then the result of having no blue flags was I did not know if a car behind was fighting for that position or a lead lap car? some laps later after contact in turn 1 resulting in my car upside-down (not knowing it was a lead lap car as there was no blue flags) I just parked it ..

Grats to the winner & Podium & I hope for better luck next time ..

I need to figure out the no blue flag issue I had?:(:rolleyes::eek:..

12. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

There's no clear indication for blue flags, the only way you can know who's lapping or who you're lapping is the track map. If there's a red icon on it that means the car is in front of you by a lap, if there's a blue one, then you are a lap ahead.
    It would be nice to have some kind of a pop-up indicator for blue/yellow flags like in Assetto Corsa but there's none.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  13. Ken Jagger

So really you meant you braked too late Rob.....:D:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ken Jagger

The final race race results have now been posted after a lot of investigation into why they originally reported incorrectly. There is evidence that suggests part of the problem was due to a nickname being used in practice, rather than real name as required at all SRO races, although it has not been possible to establish why it caused an issue. Please ensure your real name is used whenever running on SRO servers, including when practicing any time before the race date. This is a stated requirement in SRO Rules & Regulations, so ignorance of this is not an excuse.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

It happened to me in the past that I changed my nickname to my real name on Steam before launching PC2, but the game didn't pick the changes up. I tried restarting steam, and even my pc, but the game only realized that I changed it after something like half an hour and 3 rejoins. Since then I usually change my steam name to my actual name the day before the race, just to be sure.